Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Five years ago I got the property for 40k a night plus as a RA they upgraded me to OWB and gave free mini bar on award stay. ^
Old Oct 8, 2016, 1:19 pm

I am here for updating the information, may be useful to you if you are live in Le Moana. The free shuttle to and from Thalasso is not free anymore. According to their assistant manager, Tim, you cannot use the facilities in its sister hotel Thalasso for free now. But when I ask when was it changed, he cannot answer and just keep saying you have to buy the voucher for the spa.

This is my case by today. And I also want to ask if I was fooled by him. Cause I was nearly fooled by their mandatory transfer from airport in the email.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by yinie231
I am here for updating the information, may be useful to you if you are live in Le Moana. The free shuttle to and from Thalasso is not free anymore. According to their assistant manager, Tim, you cannot use the facilities in its sister hotel Thalasso for free now. But when I ask when was it changed, he cannot answer and just keep saying you have to buy the voucher for the spa.

This is my case by today. And I also want to ask if I was fooled by him. Cause I was nearly fooled by their mandatory transfer from airport in the email.
Nothing new here.

You only get free transfer to/from Le Moana if you stay at Thalasso. You DO NOT get free transfer to/from the Thalasso if you stay at Le Moana. Reason is Le Moana is a lower category resort so you need to pay to go hang out at a higher category resort at the Thalasso. There is no mandatory transfer to/from the airport if you can find other way to get to the resort. I only paid oneway transfer airport to Le Moana and oneway Thalasso to airport later; I did my own transfer the other way so they didn't force me to take their transfer.

Last edited by qdmd; Oct 8, 2016 at 11:16 pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: S* Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Looking for space during thanksgiving...
Would anyone be willing to give up an award night or two at the Thalasso or Moana during the Thanksgiving week (11/18-24)?

Specifically the night of 11/19 or 20 at the Thalasso?

Doing my best to piece together the trip but man it's been an uphill battle... alternating between Thalasso and Moana is no fun
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:48 am

I will be in Bora Bora from Aug. 23 - Aug. 29 (8/23 - 8/29), currently most of mu nights are at Le Moana.

Please PM me if anyone is releasing nights at Thalasso during this period, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:47 pm

Based on the new conde nast reader choice awards, this hotel isn't even the best ICON hotel on Bora Bora and is 3rd on the list behind Moana(5) and Four Seasons(11), Thalasso(12)

http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-ch...ic-top-resorts
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Based on the new conde nast reader choice awards, this hotel isn't even the best ICON hotel on Bora Bora and is 3rd on the list behind Moana(5) and Four Seasons(11), Thalasso(12)

Le Moana is rated hight. Interesting. But still for a points redemption I would go with Thalasso.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
IF USING POINTS, Thalasso hands down much better than Le Moana. Since you are paying the SAME amount of pts, Thalasso guarantees you into a OWB vs Le Moana puts you in like a regular room I also felt that Thalasso's resort was much nicer/newer and quieter (since less rooms) which was what we wanted
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Thalasso room is way nicer and bigger than Le Moana. Let's hope Thalasso keep falling in ranking so we can redeem it easier, while all the conde naste dummies shift to Le Moana.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:51 pm

Interested in June 1st, 2017 at Le Moana if someone decides to cancel their reservation.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

Well, the good news is that we are now certain that the Conde Nast reader choice awards do not have much value and should be ignored to select a hotel.

The Le Moana is from the previous generation (Le Meridien is the same category, but is on a motu, like the Thalasso) of hotels in Bora and it is obvious when you see the 2 properties.

The Thalasso villas are to be compared to the ones of the Four Seasons and of the St Regis, and probably soon the ones of the Conrad.

This being said, some guests prefer the Le Moana, as it is on the main island and you can just walk to shops, restaurants and the close by beautiful Matira beach.
To leave the Thalasso, you have to take a boat or an helicopter - walk outside the hotel and you will probably meet not so friendly dogs.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
IF USING POINTS, Thalasso hands down much better than Le Moana. Since you are paying the SAME amount of pts, Thalasso guarantees you into a OWB vs Le Moana puts you in like a regular room I also felt that Thalasso's resort was much nicer/newer and quieter (since less rooms) which was what we wanted
I wouldn't call the Moana a regular room. It is a beach bungalow which most would be happy with almost anywhere in the world. It just happens to be that the OWB is the standard in Bora Bora.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:03 am

Going from Thalasso to Le Moana is like going from dating Kate Bekinsale to Kim Kardashian. Both are celebrities but nowhere in the same class.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:37 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sunshine213
Going from Thalasso to Le Moana is like going from dating Kate Bekinsale to Kim Kardashian. Both are celebrities but nowhere in the same class.
Last year we stayed 1 night at Thalasso (all we could get) and 3 nights at Le Moana....we had the best of both worlds. When on Thalasso, we ate at the resort restaurant (highly recommend Le Corail) and just lazed around on the island (we had just over 24 hours as we arrived at 11am and left at 2 pm the following day for Le Moana). When at Le Moana, we had a beach bungalow which was nice enough but we organised all our activities then including the snorkelling safari in the lagoon, dinner at http://www.villamahana.com/ and a couple of other local restaurants (eg Bora Bora yacht club). If you can't get a room at Thalasso, don't fret and just pay for the ferry ride there from Le Moana and enjoy the resort, activities and view for the day...bring your camera!

We also spent 3 nights in Moorea which shouldn't be forgotten

Last edited by kpc; Oct 20, 2016 at 10:45 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kpc
Last year we stayed 1 night at Thalasso (all we could get) and 3 nights at Le Moana....we had the best of both worlds. When on Thalasso, we ate at the resort restaurant (highly recommend Le Corail) and just lazed around on the island (we had just over 24 hours as we arrived at 11am and left at 2 pm the following day for Le Moana). When at Le Moana, we had a beach bungalow which was nice enough but we organised all our activities then including the snorkelling safari in the lagoon, dinner at http://www.villamahana.com/ and a couple of other local restaurants (eg Bora Bora yacht club). If you can't get a room at Thalasso, don't fret and just pay for the ferry ride there from Le Moana and enjoy the resort, activities and view for the day...bring your camera!

We also spent 3 nights in Moorea which shouldn't be forgotten
We're here at the Thalasso now (and you might have noticed my flooding on Facebook about it )

We stayed two nights at the Le Moana first before coming here for four nights. The LM was enjoyable; staff we're friendly and helpful I enjoyed being on the beach and being able to walk out and straight into the lagoon (even though there were rocks and other bumpy bits in the water).

The Thalasso though; the overwater bungalows are in a different class though especially if using the same amount of points (but you pay for it in $$$ if paying cash rates). We got the basic entry level Emerald vilas (as expected) since we are on points and I am guessing they send all the points stayers to villas 137, 138 or 139 facing the dock I did ask for an upgrade but was offered a Sapphire for 15,000xpf per night "facing" the construction site which I declined - that yellow mobile crane each morning ewwwww no thanks.

Anyway we did go to Villa Mahana and thought it was very overrated; maybe the best in Bora Bora (which I can't confirm or deny that). The lobster risotto and beer fillet were very good, the duck liver was pretty good too but the rest which means 3/5 courses and 4/5 courses did not excite/please/meet my expectations. Will post up on TA shortly including pics but after being to many top quality restaurants worldwide, this was one a let down especially all the hype it gets here and online.

Anyway, back on topic - here's the latest shuttle times (and prices)
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.