Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by gnomey
wow, reading through this thread i realized (belatedly) how difficult it is to score rewards nights in Thalasso. i shouldnt have booked my award ticket to there (before even securing the accommodation), but then i had to do that before the whole UA miles 'devaluation' in Oct 2016. sigh

so with the flight already ticketed, i will be in FP last week of March 2017 and first week of April 2017. if anyone has booked during those nights, but will have plans change, pls kindly PM me ... :X

anyway, i have been checking the IHG site daily and obsessively and it's exhausting as i NEVER see any rewards nights available for Thalasso. it's like chasing after a unicorn (only on some rare occasions, i see a few rewards nights here and there for le moana). someone mentioned earlier that every Sunday morning (what time? what time zone?) the rooms 50 weeks ahead will become available for all 7 nights of the week. is that true?

since my trip is not 50 weeks ahead but rather half-of-that, does it mean that if i dont see any reward nights room available NOW, means i am unlikely to secure one at all? i am not even traveling during the peak period. guess i have to pony up $1000/night if i want to stay at Thalasso. if i am paying and not redeeming, then maybe i m not limited to Thalasso afterall (google map says St Regis and Four Seasons are also on the same row and i reckon would have the same view as Thalasso)
Others have properly answered you, but I wanted to remind others who may read this thread that the Thalasso will be having construction noise from fall until June 2017 (if they get done on time). I've stayed at places when they had construction going on and it is not pleasant if you like hanging out on your deck during the day. This is also why they lack rooms because they won't put anyone in the bungalows closest to the new construction, therefore less inventory. If they begin seeing cancellations and they aren't able to fill rooms with paid nights, maybe they'll open up some award space, but right now they are stingy.

Also, Le Meridian has a very similar view of the mountain, but the further up the motu chain you go (St. Regis and then Four Seasons) the view isn't direct at the "front" of the mountain, but is still beautiful. The Four Seasons has a completely different view of Otemanu and is further away. They have great landscaping and very nice snorkel lagoons, but you'll pay for it.

Even Le Meridian is going to be refurbished, but I'm not sure when. They are supposed to reconstruct some areas.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:23 am

thanks. actually i m new to the whole IHG program. are you saying that if you buy IHG ambassador membership , you can buy one night, get one night free at IC Thalasso?

IHG AMB BOGO would be similar to SPG50 deal, wouldnt it? one is BOGO, the other is 50% off
Yes, AMB BOGO is buy one get one free. Only available on the wknds. One AMB BOGO certificate per membership year. See here for more details:

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...mbassador/faqs

also, would you be able to tell me the IC Thalasso BOGO rate (for the first night)?

i havent sign up for ambassador status yet, so i couldnt see the IHG AMB BOGO rate for IC Thalasso.

thanks!
For Mar 31 to Apr 2, 2017, AMB BOGO rates are:

124,395 XPF Emerald
135,406 XPF Sapphire
142,977 XPF Diamond
160,928 XPF Diamond Otemanu

If you sign up for the AMB, you can reserve BOGO without the BOGO certificate in hand...it may take a while for it to arrive.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
OMG, comparing to Thalasso, Le Meridien is just like a ghetto. The view is great, but for everything else, a ghetto.

Originally Posted by Churnman
Others have properly answered you, but I wanted to remind others who may read this thread that the Thalasso will be having construction noise from fall until June 2017 (if they get done on time). I've stayed at places when they had construction going on and it is not pleasant if you like hanging out on your deck during the day. This is also why they lack rooms because they won't put anyone in the bungalows closest to the new construction, therefore less inventory. If they begin seeing cancellations and they aren't able to fill rooms with paid nights, maybe they'll open up some award space, but right now they are stingy.

Also, Le Meridian has a very similar view of the mountain, but the further up the motu chain you go (St. Regis and then Four Seasons) the view isn't direct at the "front" of the mountain, but is still beautiful. The Four Seasons has a completely different view of Otemanu and is further away. They have great landscaping and very nice snorkel lagoons, but you'll pay for it.

Even Le Meridian is going to be refurbished, but I'm not sure when. They are supposed to reconstruct some areas.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by lewende
OMG, comparing to Thalasso, Le Meridien is just like a ghetto. The view is great, but for everything else, a ghetto.

I know you were just comparing this to Thalasso, but calling any resort in Bora Bora a "ghetto" is quite out of touch with reality and is an absurd hyperbole. Come to my hometown of Cleveland, OH and I will show you real ghetto. To call a 4 star resort on one of the most expensive islands in the world is ridiculous.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
How is Le Moana in comparison to Thalasso? I am not holding out much hope on grabbing award nights when they open so might have to settle on the Le Moana or the new Conrad.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by onlysuites
How is Le Moana in comparison to Thalasso? I am not holding out much hope on grabbing award nights when they open so might have to settle on the Le Moana or the new Conrad.
Thalasso is a Bentley
Le Moana is a Ford
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:08 pm

So if I am an Ambassador and Spire Elite Member what are my chances of getting a free upgrade for a points stay at the Le Moana from a beach bungalow to an OWB?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes, AMB BOGO is buy one get one free. Only available on the wknds. One AMB BOGO certificate per membership year. See here for more details:

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...mbassador/faqs

For Mar 31 to Apr 2, 2017, AMB BOGO rates are:

124,395 XPF Emerald
135,406 XPF Sapphire
142,977 XPF Diamond

If you sign up for the AMB, you can reserve BOGO without the BOGO certificate in hand...it may take a while for it to arrive.

great, thank you. is BOGO also like rewards night, where it will only appear on random weekends? basically, what i mean is i suppose there is a quota on it, and it doesnt mean just bc you have a BOGO cert you can apply it on any day you wish when the hotel has vacancy
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
what i mean is i suppose there is a quota on it, and it doesnt mean just bc you have a BOGO cert you can apply it on any day you wish when the hotel has vacancy
Yep. Set quota on it.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaMan
Thalasso is a Bentley
Le Moana is a Ford
x2...Moana should be nothing more than a stopover on the way to Thalasso. The only positive I found was the ability to walk to a few local stores for provisions. There are also a couple restaurants within walking distance of the property that were pretty good.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:12 pm

great, thank you. is BOGO also like rewards night, where it will only appear on random weekends? basically, what i mean is i suppose there is a quota on it, and it doesnt mean just bc you have a BOGO cert you can apply it on any day you wish when the hotel has vacancy
It is available on every weekend, not random wknds. Only a certain % of rooms is available. The wknd I checked for you is BOGO available but reward night is not. What's awesome is that all room categories is available for BOGO, typically only the std room is.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
It is available on every weekend, not random wknds. Only a certain % of rooms is available. The wknd I checked for you is BOGO available but reward night is not. What's awesome is that all room categories is available for BOGO, typically only the std room is.
oh i see, got it now. appreciate your gesture for helping me check ^!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:38 pm

How would you compare the following IC OWB
124,395 XPF Emerald
135,406 XPF Sapphire
142,977 XPF Diamond

with the OWB at St Regis BB? not asking in terms of price, but asking in terms which one has better/nicer interior, better views to mountain or lagoon, etc

-----------

the highest ranked OWB i can afford in SRBB would be the Superior OWB http://www.stregisborabora.com/en/su...overwatervilla and http://customtahiti.com/St_Regis_Bora_Bora_Layout.html
this cost 74,500 XPF per night, excluding tax etc (which i guess is the same as the BOGO rates quoted above)

What is the equivalent of OWB in IC Thalasso (to SRBB Superior OWB)?

Reason i asked is because Troopers have kindly have helped told me BOGO is available too, and now i am split between SRBB and IC Thalasso.

-----------

also, just to double check, with BOGO, am i right you can only either do Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun? can you do Thu+Fri or Sun+Mon where one of the days is NOT a weekend?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:31 am
Suspended

Gnomey,

St. Regis and 4 Seasons are the top 2 properties in BB, hands down. Thalasso is very close but next in line. After Thalasso, there is a big drop off.

Honestly, if you're an IHG member, and you already have a ton of IHG points, your best bang for your buck is to book an Emerald OWB. At the very least, you'll add to your IHG point stash. With your BOGO cert, IHG will definitely end up being cheaper than St. Regis.

Buy the Ambassador status, you're very likely to get an upgrade or least an ideal OWB location.

What you can do is reserve each night of your trip separately so that if you do stumble upon an award night that opens up, you can easily book and then just cancel the single paid night that you have.

If you're a loyal IHG member, I don't see the rationale for staying at St. Regis.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:20 am

also, just to double check, with BOGO, am i right you can only either do Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun? can you do Thu+Fri or Sun+Mon where one of the days is NOT a weekend?
Per IHG

Weekend is determined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.