Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: HHGOLD, IC PLAT AMB, GHA PLAT
Originally Posted by cce5858
Just Released 8/31-9/1, and 9/2-9/3 for those interested.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
It actually is not.
Yes it is correct. It was a hint, so you have to think a bit for yourself.

You say you live between SFO and DXB. Just take the geo-coordinates of SFO and DXB, calculate the coordinate in the middle between the two and check the time zone of it. Given that my hint didn't include a time zone, it should be obvious that you somehow need to calculate the correct time zone.

I gave you the correct hint and offered to book it for you for a very reasonable amount. But your reply was (since you quoted my PM, I also take the liberty of quoting yours):

LMFAO! I take it that I have just wasted my time asking you this ultra exotic "trade secret" *rolls eyes* moving along.

The condescending remarks I received from some people when initially politely messaging others for help has done nothing but backfire on me
just a few weeks ago, I was met with hostility when messaging members regarding booking this property on points
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:57 am

I'm looking to trade: 9/10/18 for 9/16/18 at Thalasso. Lmk. Thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:23 pm

If anyone has 8/31, 9/1, or 9/2 and are going to release them, please let me know.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:21 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Dear Flyertalkers,

I have during the last couple of months received a large number of PM and RBP about this thread. In those, this thread was described as no helpful anymore, against t&c as some were selling reward nights against cash or offering to help booking rewards either free or against a service fee. it seems not everything was done in public but via PM.

I therefore have decied to close this thread to be able to review it.

Thank you for your understanding.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Internet / Data

My question is specifically about Thalasso, my aoplogies as existing thread is closed.

What are internet speeds like at the hotel?

Can you use Netlifx?

How many devices can you login per room? Do they stay logged in?

Also I have checked phone services / mobile internet with my service provider T-mobile, very expensive, can somebody reccomend a pre-paid data sim option?

I will need to attend some web meetings therefore will need to factor in internet access.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by navatwal
My question is specifically about Thalasso, my aoplogies as existing thread is closed.

Can you use Netlifx?

Also I have checked phone services / mobile internet with my service provider T-mobile, very expensive, can somebody reccomend a pre-paid data sim option?

I will need to attend some web meetings therefore will need to factor in internet access.
Netflix will refuse to work since you are out of the us. Unless you have downloaded the show or used a vpn
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:43 am

Can you use Netlifx?

Here is how I handled the number of devices limitation. It worked great.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25514569-post1807.html

Of course, they may have changed things since 2015. The internet speeds were very good. FP is on the fiber optic cables that connect Australia and NZ with North America. They have amazingly fast internet for such a remote location.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Great, just ordered one!

Originally Posted by mercruiser

Of course, they may have changed things since 2015. The internet speeds were very good. FP is on the fiber optic cables that connect Australia and NZ with North America. They have amazingly fast internet for such a remote location.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:23 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Exclamation

I have reopened this thread to avoid discussions related to this property in other threads. But I would like to use this opportunity, that I will move newer posts related to this property to a new thread in the next couple of days.

There will most likely not be any posts about booking of award stays allowed. I find a way to deal with those posts.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Dear Flyertalkers,

I have during the last couple of months received a large number of PM and RBP about this thread. In those, this thread was described as no helpful anymore, against t&c as some were selling reward nights against cash or offering to help booking rewards either free or against a service fee. it seems not everything was done in public but via PM.

I therefore have decied to close this thread to be able to review it.

Thank you for your understanding.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:40 am

Ditto

Cannot confirm the internet speed at Thalasso specifically. But can confirm that the internet speed in FP as a whole is fast, no difference from what you get in first world countries

I have stayed at both 5* hotels and also B&B style homes in FP. In all places, same speed, no complaints.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:41 am

Can you use Netlifx?

Ditto

Cannot confirm the internet speed at Thalasso specifically. But can confirm that the internet speed in FP as a whole is fast, no difference from what you get in first world countries

I have stayed at both 5* hotels and also B&B style homes in FP. In all places, same speed, no complaints. Like mercruiser said, amazing for a remote locale
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I have reopened this thread to avoid discussions related to this property in other threads. But I would like to use this opportunity, that I will move newer posts related to this property to a new thread in the next couple of days.

There will most likely not be any posts about booking of award stays allowed. I find a way to deal with those posts.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Great news and good idea. Thanks... it was completely out of hand and speculators...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Netflix will refuse to work since you are out of the us. Unless you have downloaded the show or used a vpn
https://www.operavpn.com

Used this for 2 weeks in Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora. There were a couple times Netflix/Amazon would buffer. But most times no issues.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 pm

I have good VPN connectivity but more concerned with speeds and number of connections per room.

I will have 6 devices for my stay attached to my room that will require IP connectivity

Originally Posted by delder
https://www.operavpn.com

Used this for 2 weeks in Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora. There were a couple times Netflix/Amazon would buffer. But most times no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.