Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by alewal
Does anyone knows if they will honour my Ambassador benefits
They certainly will.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Thumbs down only marginal Ambassador benefits on Friends and Family rate

Originally Posted by alewal
Does anyone knows if they will honour my Ambassador benefits
Originally Posted by clubman
They certainly will.
They most probably will not!

See my post #499 and post #508...
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:42 am

Anybody able to get F & F rates to show for Bangkok this weekend or next weekend? They were showing a couple of days ago, then yesterday the rates disappeared.

I've cleared cookies and that doesn't seem to be changing anything, so I'm assuming it's just a case that F & F rates aren't available for Bangkok anymore. Thought I'd check though in case anyone on here is able to bring the rates up.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by peps2004
Anybody able to get F & F rates to show for Bangkok this weekend or next weekend?
They're available for this Saturday and for the next weekend (don't forget about their advance purchase requirement: "MUST PURCHASE AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE")
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I can see them for all hotels except the CP in Bangkok.

The advance purchase period seems to differ from hotel to hotel even within cities. I have been looking at NYC and the IC requires longer than the Indigo (or vice versa).
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
They're available for this Saturday and for the next weekend (don't forget about their advance purchase requirement: "MUST PURCHASE AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE")
I thought there was a 5 day rule, but I'd been able to view rates for Thursday this week only 2 days ago, which was less than 5 days, so I wasn't sure. edit - OK, just realised that was 5 days ago

It's still saying the rates aren't available though - weird. Thanks for checking though.

Last edited by NoHomeJustRoam; Feb 14, 2011 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by peps2004
I thought there was a 5 day rule, but I'd been able to view rates for Thursday this week only 2 days ago, which was less than 5 days, so I wasn't sure. edit - OK, just realised that was 5 days ago

It's still saying the rates aren't available though - weird. Thanks for checking though.
Some times it shows that no rates are available. but if you click on the Show more Rates icon, you will see F&F rates are available....try it.

Specifically hapenning for bangkok
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Where is the icon? I'm trying for Phuket on March 4th-6th and it doesn't show any and I don't see an icon for more rates. There is something for 'view hotel packages' but that doesn't show it either. Once I press that it doesn't show any package rates but the text changes to "view additional rates". But that just takes me back to my corp rate and the best available.

Over on the left it still shows rate preference of "IHG Friends...." so I came to the right location. It looks like they just don't offer them during this timeframe. Maybe inventory controlled. When I put in some random dates in May it does show them...

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Some times it shows that no rates are available. but if you click on the Show more Rates icon, you will see F&F rates are available....try it.

Specifically hapenning for bangkok
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, IHG Platinum
------

Last edited by Plizatnum; Mar 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm Reason: Acct closed
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Plizatnum
The easiest way to do this is by....
a) first booking a "flexible rate" (i.e. a rate that be changed such as "Best" Flex, or AAA, or AARP),
b) dialing the property directly, asking for the Front Desk Manager.
c) Explain to the manager you already have a reservation, but you're hoping to get the "Friends and Family rate."
d) Then, offer your confirmation number to the Manager, so that he/she can process the change
e) Finally, when the manager confirms your new rate, think back to this post and be thankful you read this awesome advice.

The F&F rate, if booked online via an employee's personal website (such as this one I found via a Google search: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...328-_-AM171249), you will have to pre-pay for the entire stay in full, and it's non-refundable. That's worse than buying a plane ticket!

If the Manger consents to honor the hotel's F&F rate (and they usually will), you are getting the F&F rate with pretty much the same obligation you'd have for a normal, flexible reservation. Since you've already booked a flexible reservation - all the Manager (or front desk agent) has to do is change a five digit code in the hotel's property management system for your booking, and then you're golden. For the front desk, changing your rate is just as easy as picking up the phone.

Trust me. This works...
Did you get points this way?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, IHG Platinum
-----

Last edited by Plizatnum; Mar 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm Reason: Acct deleted
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not always. If your F&F rate (or any rate you end up paying for that matter) is less than 70% of the hotel's "Best Flexible" rate for that day - then the hotel has the option not to award you points. The "BF" rate is the hotel's normal, standard published rate for that day, found on their ihg.com website.

Some hotels will award points for low-rate paying guests; some won't. It all depends on the hotel's Revenue Manager.

...so I hear.
The 30% rule applies only to locally negotiated rates, and only in North, South and Central America and the Caribbean.
Originally Posted by PCR terms
In addition, in North, South and Central America and the Caribbean, points may be collected on locally negotiated rates if these rates are discounted less than 30%. At Asia Pacific hotels, Qualifying Room Rates also include all locally negotiated rates.
http://www.priorityclub.com/terms
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
All my F&F rates have been credited with non-qualifying and hence no points.
Sadly there is no way around that?

On a side note, I can't find any rate in Taipei, Taiwan at all. None of the hotels seem to be offering an F&F rate.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
The easiest way to do this is by....
a) first booking a "flexible rate" (i.e. a rate that be changed such as "Best" Flex, or AAA, or AARP),
b) dialing the property directly, asking for the Front Desk Manager.
c) Explain to the manager you already have a reservation, but you're hoping to get the "Friends and Family rate."
d) Then, offer your confirmation number to the Manager, so that he/she can process the change
e) Finally, when the manager confirms your new rate, think back to this post and be thankful you read this awesome advice.

The F&F rate, if booked online via an employee's personal website (such as this one I found via a Google search: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...328-_-AM171249), you will have to pre-pay for the entire stay in full, and it's non-refundable. That's worse than buying a plane ticket!

If the Manger consents to honor the hotel's F&F rate (and they usually will), you are getting the F&F rate with pretty much the same obligation you'd have for a normal, flexible reservation. Since you've already booked a flexible reservation - all the Manager (or front desk agent) has to do is change a five digit code in the hotel's property management system for your booking, and then you're golden. For the front desk, changing your rate is just as easy as picking up the phone.

Trust me. This works...

Wow great advice! Maybe you should be the ICH Lurker

Meanwhile, does this method work well with emails? For those that book hotels on different continents the IDD rates + time zones can be a hassle at times.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by lsed
All my F&F rates have been credited with non-qualifying and hence no points.
Sadly there is no way around that?

On a side note, I can't find any rate in Taipei, Taiwan at all. None of the hotels seem to be offering an F&F rate.
I just checked, the Taichung and Kaohsiung in Taiwan both have F&F rate available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.