Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I agree. I thought it was obvious by now that the term "friend" is very loosely applied here and encouraged by the marketing vp.
Yes, just link to Steve's Facebook page and you can then prove you are his friend
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
Similarly, any reports on using this rate at Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre in Singapore?

Thanks!
Update: No issues with using the F&F rate on an executive level room. It was a fantastic deal given that it included free wifi and lounge access. Lounge evening service had sushi, nice hot nibbles, red & white wines, and beer. Breakfast also had hot items like congee/miso (one morning was miso, the other congee) and the little window had an omlette/egg chef.

The room we had did smell a little bit musty but was in a quieter location so we just lived with it.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
well, now it's possible to book nearly all hotels in London until January 14th
Now bookable out to January 29th at nearly all London properties. So it seems like the booking window in the UK is three weeks.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: United Airlines Mileage Plus Premier Executive, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
F&F in Germany

Has anyone used the 'F&F' discount at the IC resort in Berchtesgaden? Any problems? I'm at the Platinum Ambassador level, so I'm curious as to whether they provided an upgrade? Did they give you PC points? Etc...

Also, the hotel charges a 'Extra Person' fee of 40-75 euros starting with the 2nd adult. So if you book a room for a couple they bill you at least an extra 40 euros. Has anyone heard of this? Any ideas on how to get around it? I've heard of an extra charge for more than 2 people, but not for more than 1.

Thanks in advance for all help...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Originally Posted by Beecherman
Has anyone used the 'F&F' discount at the IC resort in Berchtesgaden? Any problems? I'm at the Platinum Ambassador level, so I'm curious as to whether they provided an upgrade? Did they give you PC points? Etc...

Also, the hotel charges a 'Extra Person' fee of 40-75 euros starting with the 2nd adult. So if you book a room for a couple they bill you at least an extra 40 euros. Has anyone heard of this? Any ideas on how to get around it? I've heard of an extra charge for more than 2 people, but not for more than 1.

Same deal here in Japan- extra charge ¥xxxx for 2nd person on. I guess they charge for the extra soap, bathrobe etc etc......
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Ambassador\RA second person should be free of charge?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Beecherman

This is standard for Germany.

You get around it by having Ambassador - one of the benefits is no extra person charge at IC's.

You shouldn't get points for F&F rate, but its an IC so you're only missing out on 2,000! The F&F discount is so huge at Berchtesgaden that it outweighs it.

(One option for poi ntsis to use the 2-4-1 AMB voucher to cover 2 nights over a weekend. 50% off 2 Best Flex weekend nights is cheaper than the F&F rate. Book the other nights on F&F rate. You'll get your 2,000 points and 2 nights credit as the BOGO nights should qualify.)
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Silver,IC Gold Ambassador, Hyatt Gold, SPG Basic
regarding the 2nd person extra charge...it's just strange that it's still calculated to the end price even if you're ambassador AND logged in. tried it with the IC Strings and the 2nd person charge does NOT get waived.

i know that an ambassador does not pay for the 2nd person so this must be some kind of technical problem I guess? better to just book a room for 1 person and arrive with the 2nd at check-in I guess...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by xerobasher
regarding the 2nd person extra charge...it's just strange that it's still calculated to the end price even if you're ambassador AND logged in. tried it with the IC Strings and the 2nd person charge does NOT get waived.

i know that an ambassador does not pay for the 2nd person so this must be some kind of technical problem I guess? better to just book a room for 1 person and arrive with the 2nd at check-in I guess...
It does get waived after you hit the "reservation" button (final step).

When chosing only one person, the hotel needs to manually change the reservation to two people at check-in. If not, you might end up getting only one chocolate at turn-down or -worse- only one bathrobe in the room. Not that this couldn't be fixed by calling the front desk.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jan 11, 2011 at 7:47 am
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
It does get waved after you hit the "reservation" button (final step).

When chosing only one person, the hotel needs to manually change the reservation to two people at check-in. If not, you might end up getting only one chocolate at turn-down or -worse- only one bathrobe in the room. Not that this couldn't be fixed by calling the front desk.
ah wow thanks...didn't know that. but then the system is flawed...I mean it should already be reflected on the total estimated price on the page before IMO...that would be more conclusive.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:31 am

ps: are we actually 100% certain that the 2nd person charge gets waived as ambassador? are we?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by xerobasher
ps: are we actually 100% certain that the 2nd person charge gets waived as ambassador? are we?
Yes:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html
9. InterContinental Ambassador Benefits: [...]
Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:43 am

thanks. just thought that maybe there's some hidden exception in the F&F rate t&c's which I didn't see...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by hautecouTours
Why wouldn't I want Steve Sickel's name on the voucher? It clearly states on the web page "Share this offer with your social network and plan fun trips with friends for less!" and the bolding is Sickel's. I'll simply bring a screenshot of the webpage and tell the clerk if s/he has a problem with it to take it up with their SVP of Marketing.

I intend to use F&F rate at the IC Barclay for my parents stay in February (a wkend in NYC for Xmas gift) since I won't get credit anyway and then save my last two SD nights for IC Cologne, which is $150 more per night.
I found him on FB, and added him. Waiting to see if he accepts!

Where can I get rate information for the hotels?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jenne716
I found him on FB, and added him. Waiting to see if he accepts!

Where can I get rate information for the hotels?
just follow the link in the first post of this topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.