Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Markus1301
Accidental I have booked the F&F rate at the HI Bali. After checking my account I have noticed that I've received points and a qualifying stay which was counting towards my RA status which is renewed right now.

I was wondering if others can report the same, did they change the system? As I'm planning a stay over eastern, it would be great to uses the F&F, save costs and renew the RA in the same way....
I stayed at the Bali IC on a F&F rate recently but didn't get points so you just got lucky I would say.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
i have never booked using F&F so a couple of questions just for confirmation.

- i am looking to do a mattress run to complete my 6 nts left for sat stay (CTC, 180,00pts)
- found nice rate of $54 using F&F so def worth the expense if...
- 100% sure F&F rate qualifies for CTC nt earning??
- no issues using F&F, any suggestions on whose invite works at this time frame?

any confirmation appreciated. Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by ncgator
i have never booked using F&F so a couple of questions just for confirmation.

- i am looking to do a mattress run to complete my 6 nts left for sat stay (CTC, 180,00pts)
- found nice rate of $54 using F&F so def worth the expense if...
- 100% sure F&F rate qualifies for CTC nt earning??
- no issues using F&F, any suggestions on whose invite works at this time frame?

any confirmation appreciated. Thanks
Read this thread and the "Crack the Case" Promo thread (link included below); you will find your questions answered several times ....

Crack the Case Promo:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ase-promo.html

Bottom line:
Do it! Many others have and have received the credit/s they were seeking.

Last edited by jgxtrav1; Mar 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:42 pm

looking to book one in NY Time Square. Can anyone tell me their experience? i'd much appreciate it.

-Vee
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:43 pm

deleted.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by alewal
Hi, I will be in NYC for a couple of days late march and there are some good F&F rates. Does anyone knows if they will honour my Ambassador benefits (UPG, late chek out)= Thanks
just wanted to see what was your experience since i am planning to go there in May.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I have tried booking this rate over the last couple of weeks for various travel plans in June (Seattle, Orlando), and September (Lisbon, Athens, var UK) and noticed that the F&F rate was the same or more than the lowest other rates that earned points (Adv purchase or AAA) otherwise available thus providing no savings. When I originally compared back in Jan - Feb there were savings. Anyone else notice this lately?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by tobegold
I have tried booking this rate over the last couple of weeks for various travel plans in June (Seattle, Orlando), and September (Lisbon, Athens, var UK) and noticed that the F&F rate was the same or more than the lowest other rates that earned points (Adv purchase or AAA) otherwise available thus providing no savings. When I originally compared back in Jan - Feb there were savings. Anyone else notice this lately?
I don't think it's a trend - it just varies from hotel to hotel and from time to time. I booked the HI in Sandton on AP because the rate was identical to the F&F rate. But that might not always be so: a month ago I booked the Indigo Chelsea on F&F and this week the rate was down 20%! So it looks like the F&F rate is dynamically managed.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG
First time F&F

My first F&F booking.

Holiday Inn Bangkok (Ploenchit).

Club room booked, voucher not requested (although not checked out yet).

Upgraded to top floor 1 Bed Suite upon check in.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:37 pm

Any F&F experiences with the IC/HI Paris?

Looking to book one of the IC's or one of the central HI's (not decided yet) and wanted to know if there were any issues.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by TapioR
Booked two rooms with F&F in July 2010 for stays in February 2011. HI Rosebank, Johannesburg charged my CC in December. HIX Cape Town hasn't shown up on the CC statement yet.
Booked one room with F&F in March 2011 for stay in April 2011 at Johannesburg IC O.R. Tambo International Airport. CC charged on check-out date. Clerk didn't want my F&F voucher, so I kept it. Upgraded to a corner executive room. No PC credit as expected.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Very limited availability ?

This is a very long thread so I have not read every post, but I've skimmed through most of it, and not seen the answer to my question.

So, the title suggests that this rate is available at all ICHG hotels. But trying various dates in London in July I find only a very limited selection (10-20% of hotels) offering the rate.

Is this normal ?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by dgwright99
But trying various dates in London in July I find only a very limited selection (10-20% of hotels) offering the rate.
For July 5-9 the rate is offered by 40 hotels out of 64.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:47 am

Voucher

Is the voucher supposed to be just a form I fill out?

Do I just put this fella's name in for the Employee line or is there a code I should know?

Also, does booking this rate typically come with an upgrade upon check in? How about free breakfast buffet?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by soxrok3
Is the voucher supposed to be just a form I fill out?

Do I just put this fella's name in for the Employee line or is there a code I should know?

Also, does booking this rate typically come with an upgrade upon check in? How about free breakfast buffet?

Thanks!
There is a link to print the voucher on the F&F web page. Stick in whoevers name shows up on that page.

Upgrade - depends on hotel, some take a dim view on F&F bookings, some are fine and treat them like full price bookings. Assume you will be at the back of the queue behind people with the same status as you but who are paying a higher rate.

Breakfast only included if you can get a club room on F&F or stay at a HIX where everyone gets it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.