Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
it certainly is weird, sometimes you can only book properties within 21 days
the next day you can only book from 21 days until the end of the year
I know...it's very strangely inconsistent. I think I prefer the long term option!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This is not good! I have a 5-nighter in a suite booked for 16 days time, booked on a Best Flex but with the intention of switching it to a F&F when I was 100% certain. The F&F option has now gone, which leaves me in the position of paying around Euro 1,000 more than I expected!!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is not good! I have a 5-nighter in a suite booked for 16 days time, booked on a Best Flex but with the intention of switching it to a F&F when I was 100% certain. The F&F option has now gone, which leaves me in the position of paying around Euro 1,000 more than I expected!!
Ouch!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:45 am
Zig

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
I know...it's very strangely inconsistent. I think I prefer the long term option!
I am finding the site very inconsistent. I have searched for certain dates and the results indicate the rate isn't available. Two minutes later I open the link again and search for the same dates and there is availability....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Something is being done to the F&F rates, going up. I was in there looking to book and then changed the number of people and the rates disappeared.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA, PC Plat
FWIW, I was looking for rooms near MXP earlier today and none were available. Suddenly tonight they are back. So I'd suggest trying again every 6-12 hours maybe? Who knows how it all works...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: SQ
for me, generally I find that most of the properties are available up until 7 days prior, with the exception of some HI's and HIX's which allow 5....of course, the top tier properties are often exempt from this, along with various others....

Just do some testing of dates, and find the cut-off date...I'm only really familiar with the A/P region and USA properties, but it's most often 7 days...I often find that the rates are the cheapest closest to that 7-day cutoff date and if you book months in advance are much more expensive....which is usually true for most hotels when you pay full price...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Originally Posted by Zig
I am finding the site very inconsistent. I have searched for certain dates and the results indicate the rate isn't available. Two minutes later I open the link again and search for the same dates and there is availability....
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Something is being done to the F&F rates, going up. I was in there looking to book and then changed the number of people and the rates disappeared.
Clear your cookies and history and restart your browser and check again
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:14 pm
Zig

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Clear your cookies and history and restart your browser and check again
Thanks for the suggestion, I took your advice, however it hasn't fixed the problem.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:21 am
uk1
Suspended

For what it's worth .....

If you have a regular relationship with the property you're booking with (I'd even try direct contact if you don't ... and see what they say) I book directly with the hotel contact asking for the F&F rate. I would have thought that most properties would be happy for the booking.

I have many forward bookings at the rate even though the rate may not show as being available. They haven't taken an advance payment and the other potential advantage is that you have a better chance of deferring or cancelling using this "manual" approach because of your "human" contact.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:48 am
Zig

Good suggestion UK1, I don't have a regular relationship with the properties, but it is worth a try, after all they can only say 'no'.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: PC Gold, HH, True Blue, Elevate, Delta SkyMiles, AVIS Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold
Question F&F and Reward Nights..

I read through the thread and had my question pretty much answered but I just want to be absolutely certain...

I'm staying at the Staybridge in Vegas for 5 nights. I want to use Reward Nights for 4 nights. Would I be given a hard time at check-in if I booked one night using the F&F rate and used points for the rest or should I save myself the anxiety and pay full price (currently a $30 difference) for one night?

Also, if using F&F should I use it for the first night or the last?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by naejae978
I read through the thread and had my question pretty much answered but I just want to be absolutely certain...

I'm staying at the Staybridge in Vegas for 5 nights. I want to use Reward Nights for 4 nights. Would I be given a hard time at check-in if I booked one night using the F&F rate and used points for the rest or should I save myself the anxiety and pay full price (currently a $30 difference) for one night?

Also, if using F&F should I use it for the first night or the last?
Shouldn't make any difference ... just let the front desk know you have 2 reservations and to combine them into 1.
FWIW, I always book a "revenue" rate first and points after. That way, if they look at the revenue rate first they might upgrade you for the entire stay, even though the rest of the stay is on points .... however, this is not certain!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: PC Gold, HH, True Blue, Elevate, Delta SkyMiles, AVIS Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Shouldn't make any difference ... just let the front desk know you have 2 reservations and to combine them into 1.
FWIW, I always book a "revenue" rate first and points after. That way, if they look at the revenue rate first they might upgrade you for the entire stay, even though the rest of the stay is on points .... however, this is not certain!
Can't see how they can upgrade me any more as I'm booking the top room (more square feet and a seperate shower- meh!) but I will book the paid rate first. Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: IC Plat Ambassador, GHA Platinum, HH Gold, A Club Plat, FB, Millemiglia, LH MM
IC NY TIMES SQUARE - F&F rate & Ambassador Bonus

Hi, I will be in NYC for a couple of days late march and there are some good F&F rates. Does anyone knows if they will honour my Ambassador benefits (UPG, late chek out)= Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.