Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:08 pm

I freely admit that I have not yet sloughed through all 62 pages of this thread, so I am sure my question has been answered, but, since I am now a dear, long-time good friend of Steve Sickel...

Do I just go to the hotel I want and one of the rate choices will be F&F? I tried it but could not find that rate choice. Is it because I logged in under my account and the cookies have me under my own profile?????? How do I find that rate?

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Pizzalady1
I freely admit that I have not yet sloughed through all 62 pages of this thread
Maybe page 1, post 1 would be a good place to start!

Follow the link and that will take you to the booking page.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Maybe page 1, post 1 would be a good place to start!

Follow the link and that will take you to the booking page.
Hmmm, did that earlier and step 3 did not give me the F&F option. I just dumped my cookies for this site and tried it again. It did work fine-- Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
Just back

Originally Posted by kpriestnal
Hi

Does any one have any experience in using F and F rate at the IC in HongKong. Were planning to travel in November this year.

Thanks
They do honour it but they also make it VERY CLEAR that you can expect no priviliges whatever your level.

Do read the IC GS vs IC debates before you choose which side of the road you want to stay.
I dare to summarise that most will suggest you get a club rate in the GS rather than a basic rate in the IC.
Considering Ambassador membership (if not already) is financially worthwhile if you are going for more than a couple of nights.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Seems like the f & f page is down for me. Is it working for anyone else?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: SQ
think everything's down at the moment...at least for me with the PC site..
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Hi,
the new Steve Sickle link doesn't work...can't open the website!
Anybody can help?
THX
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by cz4444
Hi,
the new Steve Sickle link doesn't work...can't open the website!
Anybody can help?
THX
Look at the two posts directly above yours.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Plizatnum
If it's your first time using the F/F link, a suggestion to bypass all of the small print/legal speak is to select "Option #3" when accessing the link. Option #3 will take you straight to a screen where you can choose where and when you want to travel within the IHG system.

Also - when and if you do decide to book using the F/F link, besides not getting your PCR points - remember that your booking is pre-paid, non-changeable, non-cancelable, and non-refundable as soon as you hit "get confirmation".... so I hope your plans are set and do not suffer from buyer's remorse.

Lastly - don't forget to print out your F/F voucher (Option #2 when you access the link).

Hope this info was helpful and not too redundant from what has already been posted...
Thanks for this helpful information.

No points for stay, how about for incidentals? Can we still charge them in the room to get some points?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by milemission
Thanks for this helpful information.

No points for stay, how about for incidentals? Can we still charge them in the room to get some points?
Search and you will find your answer ....

Use Search this Thread and search for "incidentals"
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
think everything's down at the moment...at least for me with the PC site..
Works just fine...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Just stayed two nights (4-6MAR2011) in IC Semiramis Cairo using IHG F&F rates. Used Ana Lowe link. Front office didn't ask for voucher or anything on F&F. Payment settled at check-out (credit card given at booking stage was for guaranteeing reservation). Painless.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Hi

Does any one have any experience in using F and F rate at the IC in HongKong. Were planning to travel in November this year.

Thanks
My experience is in post #735.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Check my comments in the IC Hongkong thread concerning my stay there two weeks ago.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
does anyone know if they offer flexibility around cancelling in situations of earthquake/tsunami?

I booked a few rooms from Monday for my neighbours and they are not going anymore

I have tried PC line and they say it is up to the hotel but the hotel is not answering - obviously have more going on over there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.