Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by stevemack
What name are people using for these vouchers btw? Still Steve Sickel lol?
In the U.S.A., I use Maria Garcia or Maria Rodriguez ----the ubiquitous chambermaid who ensures that your bed is properly made, your toilet bowl is clean, and the toilet paper is properly pointed..
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bearvest
In the U.S.A., I use Maria Garcia or Maria Rodriguez ----the ubiquitous chambermaid who ensures that your bed is properly made, your toilet bowl is clean, and the toilet paper is properly pointed..
Did she use to work at the Sofitel in NYC?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:25 pm

Has anyone had problems using/checking in under the F&F rate for IC Miami (Downtown)?

We need 1 night pre-cruise, thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:26 pm

Does one get 2 categories room upgrades as IC RA when booking using F&F rate? Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Does one get 2 categories room upgrades as IC RA when booking using F&F rate? Thanks.
Whilst F+F rate should provide full RA benefits, including the specified RA room upgrade

It is also worth mentioning that RA's do not receive 2-level upgrade and RA upgrade treatment is not so described in t+c's.
Obviously number of levels depends on hotel categories/sub-categories, like same room type, water view (instead of city view) etc.

"An upgrade to an Executive room, Club InterContinental room or a Suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in is guaranteed. Where a Club InterContinental room is given, Club lounge access must also be given. Club lounge access otherwise is only to be given at the discretion of the hotel and is not a benefit. The following Suites are not included in the upgrade policy: InterContinental – Presidential Suite. InterContinental – Royal Suite. "
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:19 am

scubaccr,
You don't sound very convincing: "should" they apply, or "DO" they apply?

The reason I asked is because I have an upcoming stay at IC Bangkok. I emailed/tweeted the hotel and tweeted IC general account... only the get 3 different replies.

1) Email to IC Bangkok: all RA benefits apply to F&F rate. They listed examples and it's 2 category upgrade, though they did make up some rooms types that can't be found online otherwise.

2) Tweet to IC general account: RA benefits, except for upgrade apply.

3) Tweet to IC Bangkok: RA benefits don't apply on F&F rate.

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Whilst F+F rate should provide full RA benefits, including the specified RA room upgrade

It is also worth mentioning that RA's do not receive 2-level upgrade and RA upgrade treatment is not so described in t+c's.
Obviously number of levels depends on hotel categories/sub-categories, like same room type, water view (instead of city view) etc.

"An upgrade to an Executive room, Club InterContinental room or a Suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in is guaranteed. Where a Club InterContinental room is given, Club lounge access must also be given. Club lounge access otherwise is only to be given at the discretion of the hotel and is not a benefit. The following Suites are not included in the upgrade policy: InterContinental – Presidential Suite. InterContinental – Royal Suite. "
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
BigRedBears, I think you should go with reply #1 and print it out for when you stay there.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kevino
BigRedBears, I think you should go with reply #1 and print it out for when you stay there.
Exactly. And, FWIW, I stayed there earlier this year on the F&F rate as RA, and got all benefits applied. Be sure to bring the F&F voucher print out, as they actually want it here
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
scubaccr,
You don't sound very convincing: "should" they apply, or "DO" they apply?

The reason I asked is because I have an upcoming stay at IC Bangkok. I emailed/tweeted the hotel and tweeted IC general account... only the get 3 different replies.

1) Email to IC Bangkok: all RA benefits apply to F&F rate. They listed examples and it's 2 category upgrade, though they did make up some rooms types that can't be found online otherwise.

2) Tweet to IC general account: RA benefits, except for upgrade apply.

3) Tweet to IC Bangkok: RA benefits don't apply on F&F rate.
IC Bangkok has a simple policy...... You will get a room on a high floor with a view and Club. Or you can choos between that and a Corner suite....... This is from their standard rooms.

From what i understand, there arent that many room options, so its mostly about higher floors and views.

Before you get disappointed, the rooms are very decent, views are some of the best in town. If you drink, you better spend a few hours on the 36th floor as this is one of the better lounges in the system. I was just there a few weeks ago, they take good care of RA's. I wouldnt worry about emailing and getting the answer in advance, if there is an issue it will be resolved when you are there.

As far as friends and family at this location, you might want to check some of the Corporate rates. If you work for one of the bigger multinational's the rates will be on par or lower than F&F.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:55 am

Can anyone tell me, if you book the Holiday Inn Bali using 'Anna Lowe', do you qualify for the usual package benefits (ie breakfast included if suite is booked etc)?
Many thanks
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:52 am

Hi everyone I am using the name Wong Yi Bing as IHG Employee. You can find more names of people of work a Holiday Inn by using Linkdin. When was the last time someone use the Friends & Family voucher?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by pennywong
Hi everyone I am using the name Wong Yi Bing as IHG Employee. You can find more names of people of work a Holiday Inn by using Linkdin. When was the last time someone use the Friends & Family voucher?
Just use your name if you want. They don't verify that information, and I have used this discount a couple times now and didn't have to provide the form either time. One name doesn't get you more benefits than another, the rate is the rate. The name of the person whose link you are using to book the reservation is on the first page after you click on the link, so that is the name that was meant to be filled in on the form.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
My recent experience (European IC and Asian CP) is that the voucher wasn't requested. But I always have one available, completed with the name of the person whose link I used.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I'm having trouble opening the form online. It kicks up that "not found on server" error when I try opening the PDF. Been this way for a few days now.

Is anyone willing to send me the file via email? Do drop me a PM
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:59 am

I also have the same issue. Can someone please share the file with me as well? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.