Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Stayed at the HI BKK recently using F&F rate. Was asked for the voucher during check-in.

The club lounge receptionist casually asked me my relationship with the name of the person working in IHG. No issue for me as the F&F link was sent to me by my friend working in IHG.

The receptionists on the club lounge are wonderful, very friendly and fun.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Just was checking out some hotels for Shanghai in early January and booked the Pudong Intercontinental for 370RMB on Jan 3. Checking other dates I couldn't find it for less than 500 so I just pulled the trigger.

Never used this before - I can just show up prepared with a voucher and it will definitely work?
Dang, that is cheap! Granted the expo is over...
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Never stayed at Ashkelon, stayed most of the other properties in Israel (CP Tel Aviv - Both of them, IC Tel Aviv, CP Jerusalem, CP Dead Sea)

I have definitely seen the CP Jerusalem before on F&F, although since the recent adjustments it may now have dropped the rate.
Just booked 4 nights in Jerusalem for $105/night. Was shocked it showed. Now I need a couple more nights and we are all set.

How would you rate the CP in Jerusalem and Haifa? IC in Tel Aviv?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Shimon
Just booked 4 nights in Jerusalem for $105/night. Was shocked it showed. Now I need a couple more nights and we are all set.

How would you rate the CP in Jerusalem and Haifa? IC in Tel Aviv?
cp Jerusalem is ok...if you can get an exec room then all the better as the standard rooms are pretty standard. Exec rooms give you access to lounge which again is pretty basic. (Free drinks and cookies etc) Breakfast however is pretty good and there is a lot on offer. Location is not the best and is about 15minutes from the centre.

Not stayed at CP Haifa but IC Tel Aviv is one of my favourite IC's. They look after their RA's (Not sure of your status) with Club rooms (sometimes suites) including lounge access. The lounge is very very good with food throughout the day and good meals at night. Breakfast is superb. All in all a very nice hotel which I cant recommend enough! Also great rates available on f&f from about $165 a night.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I had planned to book 2 nigths in London in january, last time I checked, about a week ago, there was plenty of availability but now there's only the 2 Indigos and the IC left.
Untill December 24th there's plenty of availability, but after that regardless of date or month (jan, feb, march) the situtation is the same.first the Promotional Leisure rate and now this
well, now it's possible to book nearly all hotels in London until January 14th
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:05 am

Not stayed at CP Haifa but IC Tel Aviv is one of my favourite IC's. They look after their RA's (Not sure of your status) with Club rooms (sometimes suites) including lounge access. The lounge is very very good with food throughout the day and good meals at night. Breakfast is superb. All in all a very nice hotel which I cant recommend enough! Also great rates available on f&f from about $165 a night.
Thanks! I am a platinum. Do you think they will upgrade me?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Thanks! I am a platinum. Do you think they will upgrade me?
i doubt it..maybe a standard to a deluxe as a token gesture but I wouldn't expect any more than that. You definitely wont get lounge access.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
Does anyone know whether your can get cash back from ebates or quidco with this rate?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by FrankieTse
Does anyone know whether your can get cash back from ebates or quidco with this rate?
Not sure. You can with the 2-4-1 etc rates so it might work. I am currently waiting to see if a F&F booking just completed actually tracked via Quidco.

The issue is that you cannot use the main PC website to book F&F. All you can do is go into Quidco/Ebates and use their link to the PC website. You then need to manually type in a link to the F&F website and hope that the tracking cookie continues to work. This is the biggest issue.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not sure. You can with the 2-4-1 etc rates so it might work. I am currently waiting to see if a F&F booking just completed actually tracked via Quidco.

The issue is that you cannot use the main PC website to book F&F. All you can do is go into Quidco/Ebates and use their link to the PC website. You then need to manually type in a link to the F&F website and hope that the tracking cookie continues to work. This is the biggest issue.
Or go to the F&F link first then go to quidco. The friends rate will still show up. I don't no which way is more likely to track.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Or go to the F&F link first then go to quidco. The friends rate will still show up. I don't no which way is more likely to track.
That's the way i do it...however most of my f&f does not hit with Quidco.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:52 pm

hi guys,

back again with another request.....i just tried to book crowne plaza bham using f and f...it gave me discounted rates but then redirected me to a page with error message ...ggrrrrr!!! really annoyed....can anyone point me in the right direction?? i need a uk link that works.
cheers!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
That's the way i do it...however most of my f&f does not hit with Quidco.
Ditto, my F&F's do not track with Quidco but rarely have issues with 2 for 1.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes

There is a different link at www.tinyurl.com/ihgjenni if you don't want Sickel's name on the voucher (given he is PC head honcho!)
Why wouldn't I want Steve Sickel's name on the voucher? It clearly states on the web page "Share this offer with your social network and plan fun trips with friends for less!" and the bolding is Sickel's. I'll simply bring a screenshot of the webpage and tell the clerk if s/he has a problem with it to take it up with their SVP of Marketing.

I intend to use F&F rate at the IC Barclay for my parents stay in February (a wkend in NYC for Xmas gift) since I won't get credit anyway and then save my last two SD nights for IC Cologne, which is $150 more per night.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by hautecouTours
Why wouldn't I want Steve Sickel's name on the voucher? It clearly states on the web page "Share this offer with your social network and plan fun trips with friends for less!" and the bolding is Sickel's. I'll simply bring a screenshot of the webpage and tell the clerk if s/he has a problem with it to take it up with their SVP of Marketing.

I intend to use F&F rate at the IC Barclay for my parents stay in February (a wkend in NYC for Xmas gift) since I won't get credit anyway and then save my last two SD nights for IC Cologne, which is $150 more per night.
I agree. I thought it was obvious by now that the term "friend" is very loosely applied here and encouraged by the marketing vp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.