Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Is there any reason to use "Point+cash" instead of the F&F discount if both are available?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
Actually, a F&F stay will count toward the "silly suitcase game." Any paid rate qualifies for the Crack the Case promotion (but only for that promotion). No need to book that second night at regular rates if you're worried about CTC only (however, you will most likely not get points or credit toward the Sweet Dilemma free nights promotion).
Thanks - I forgot to mention I need the points from the sat stay anyway so I can keep plat for next yr.

So I will do the 3 bookings...

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:31 pm

When I make a reservation at Grand IC in Korea, reservation staff require me a ID card!!! He said, "If you don't have ID card, you should pay daily rate even making reservation by Family and Friends rate. I am so sorry thet IC staff cannot understand their loyalty program.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Just booked a room under F&F for a friend in HI Bangkok
Placed her name as additional guest. But on the email form it shows that Credit card must be presented upon check in.

Do I really need to pass my CC to her when she checks in?
Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Just booked a room under F&F for a friend in HI Bangkok
Placed her name as additional guest. But on the email form it shows that Credit card must be presented upon check in.

Do I really need to pass my CC to her when she checks in?
Thanks in advance!
You'd better comment partner's name. That's it. You don't need to pass your CC to her.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Am checking in at Cherry Hill Corwne Plaza this Thursday and booked the F&F rate a couple of months ago. One of the nights is now cheaper with senior or AA or entertainment booking (and I'd be eligible for any of them). I know I consented to an advance purchase price....but, does this happen often that rates will be less expensive closer in? There is an event at the hotel and it is fully booked Friday and Saturday nights....but Thursday and Sunday are less expensive now. Advice or comments? Maybe this is a lesson learned...to book the most popular nights early and wait it out on the extras. Would have liked to get points AND a room for less $$, obviously. Oh....and credit towards the Sweet Dilemma promotion.
Any chance the hotel would break up the reservation?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:42 pm

Unhappy

I had a stay last week at the Crown Plaza (Old City) Istanbul using this promotion for two friends and they gave us such grief. They kept telling us that the offer was only for friends and family of the employees and that they must verify we are "truly" a friend.

They were not going to allow us to check in until the priority club call center verified that the employee (Steve Sickel) was truly an employee of IC. They wanted to know which hotel he worked for (and wouldn't accept he works for corporate). I even showed them the website he has and they tried to say that they didn't have to honor this. After arguing with them for over 20 minutes, they told me that as a favor for being an Ambassador member they'd let us check in.

I think IC needs to do a better job of educating its properties about the promotion and not give customers such a nightmare. I won't be staying at this property again.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
I had a stay last week at the Crown Plaza (Old City) Istanbul using this promotion for two friends and they gave us such grief. They kept telling us that the offer was only for friends and family of the employees and that they must verify we are "truly" a friend.

They were not going to allow us to check in until the priority club call center verified that the employee (Steve Sickel) was truly an employee of IC. They wanted to know which hotel he worked for (and wouldn't accept he works for corporate). I even showed them the website he has and they tried to say that they didn't have to honor this. After arguing with them for over 20 minutes, they told me that as a favor for being an Ambassador member they'd let us check in.

I think IC needs to do a better job of educating its properties about the promotion and not give customers such a nightmare. I won't be staying at this property again.
From PC connect http://community.priorityclub.com/t5...ate/td-p/5614?

Hi Petr,

Looking at the responses I think Rick has already answered your question, sorry for the delay, Rick is correct, on the form just complete my name, ANA LOWE, I am an employee, work at the corporate offices in the UK, you should have no problems at all.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Nov 6, 2010 at 2:03 am
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Iamhappy
Thanks Soitgoes, will give IHG a call when my honeymoon is over (only 11 days left...).
Well, we got back from our honeymoon and I found myself some time and raised a complaint with ICH.

Explained the details to the agent, and my only request was for the night to be refunded. I was told that the hotel would reply via email within 48 hours - which didn't materialise.

Called the CS centre again after about 4 days, the same agent told me that the hotel had replied to the CS and explained that they will not be offering anything apart from more detailed explanations that they have done the right job and that was it. I enquired with the agent whether there is anything done at the corporate level, and was told that the hotel have the final say on whether compensation is given or not.

Anyway, this agent attempted to raise it further with the hotel (with the General Manager?), and I was once again told that the hotel would email me within 48 hours. I got a call from the CS centre 3 days later, who asked me whether I got anything from the hotel, and guess what, nothing! The agent then told me that the hotel had offered to give me a free upgrade to junior suite and free breakfast on my next visit! I laughed and told the agent that the chance of me going to this hotel again is pretty slim...

From my understanding, this agent has done everything possible under his power and that it is not going to help whether I persist and keep bugging him. I should probably say that ICH have done a very very poor job with dealing with its hotel on this "promotion".

FTs, be aware of what ICH is doing (tricking customers into booking with them and then giving them hotels in different hotels).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Iamhappy
Well, we got back from our honeymoon and I found myself some time and raised a complaint with ICH.

Explained the details to the agent, and my only request was for the night to be refunded. I was told that the hotel would reply via email within 48 hours - which didn't materialise.

Called the CS centre again after about 4 days, the same agent told me that the hotel had replied to the CS and explained that they will not be offering anything apart from more detailed explanations that they have done the right job and that was it. I enquired with the agent whether there is anything done at the corporate level, and was told that the hotel have the final say on whether compensation is given or not.

Anyway, this agent attempted to raise it further with the hotel (with the General Manager?), and I was once again told that the hotel would email me within 48 hours. I got a call from the CS centre 3 days later, who asked me whether I got anything from the hotel, and guess what, nothing! The agent then told me that the hotel had offered to give me a free upgrade to junior suite and free breakfast on my next visit! I laughed and told the agent that the chance of me going to this hotel again is pretty slim...

From my understanding, this agent has done everything possible under his power and that it is not going to help whether I persist and keep bugging him. I should probably say that ICH have done a very very poor job with dealing with its hotel on this "promotion".

FTs, be aware of what ICH is doing (tricking customers into booking with them and then giving them hotels in different hotels).
Sorry to hear that. Indeed, the hotel will always have the last say about compensation.

Have you got the "online reservation guarantee" and the first night with all incidentials free? I take it you have not? In this case, I would (threaten to) sue the hotel or "agent" (IHG) for the "online reservation guarantee" and see what happens. Two or three simple lines sent by regular mail to the hotel.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by britinva79

Oh dear, I'm intending booking 4 rooms for a total of 14 nights on F&F for this very hotel next week and it would be a disaster if they refused to honour it
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too have a F&F stay coming up - I shall be printing off my 'online guarentee' as I am guessing they would far rather having me paying something to stay with them than nothing!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi Folks,

Has anyone stayed in Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore with F&F rate
Similarly, any reports on using this rate at Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre in Singapore?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok, I swear I posted this yesterday too but maybe it never got through, so I hope it's not a dupe.

After reading a bunch of the pages on this thread I think I get the FF concept, but want to confirm I am getting this. Please help provide feedback if I'm getting this right:

1. F&F is a program for those F&F of employees of IHG, offering wicked discounts at all IHG hotels. In reality, anyone can really use this under the premise that they are "friends" with an IHG employee's link you use.

2. F&F is not a qualifying not for elite status nor does it earn any PC points. It does seem to count for some promos though (eg CTC).

3. F&F is immediately booked with no cancellation allowed, very similar to AP purchases.

4. Some elite and RA benefits seems to be offered, but NOT upgrades.

Did I get this right?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I don't recall that NO CANCELLATIONS were a part of the F&F program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.