Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:52 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'll be here for the first time this Sunday through Tuesday. Looking forward to trying it out.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by aulrik
Newer seen any of these suites available for booking online, but I have been upgraded to an Ambassador suite on a stay in the end of August this year.
Cool... what room did you book and on what kind of a rate?

Did you negotiate prior to booking?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Cool... what room did you book and on what kind of a rate?

Did you negotiate prior to booking?
I booked a standard Club Room at cheapest pre-paid rate. The upgrade is of course great, but what I appreciate even more is that it only took a couple of hours from I made my booking until I was upgraded.

No negotiation or contact with the hotel before I made my booking.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´m considering staying at the IC BKK and was wondering what the current opinions are regarding the hotel.

1) What´s the current offering in the club lounge? Are beverages complimentary? How would you rate the lounge offering?

2) What is the upgrade policy for Ambassadors? What room would I need to book to get upgraded to a Club room? (if the hotel upgrades Ambassadors to Club rooms at all) / What upgrade should I expect when booking a Club room?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 20, 2011 at 6:50 pm
Old Aug 21, 2011, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I´m considering staying at the IC BKK and was wondering what the current opinions are regarding the hotel.

1) What´s the current offering in the club lounge? Are beverages complimentary? How would you rate the lounge offering?

2) What is the upgrade policy for Ambassadors? What room would I need to book to get upgraded to a Club room? (if the hotel upgrades Ambassadors to Club rooms at all) / What upgrade should I expect when booking a Club room?

Thanks a lot!
1) I liked the lounge food during breakfast and the evening snacks. Afternoon snacks were not my type. Beverages are complimentary during the day and alcohol during the evening.

2) You need to book the Executive Grande to get the Club Room. And if you book the Club Room you will get the Corner Suite.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I'll be here for the first time this Sunday through Tuesday. Looking forward to trying it out.
How did it go? Upgrades? Lounge access? Breakfast?

... and congratulations on making "Moderator in Training"!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:08 pm

Club room at IC Bangkok

Stayed at a Club room end of August, my review here:

http://travel.bart.la/2011/08/23/clu...ental-bangkok/

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:05 am

Can I have the email id of the GM of IC Bangkok - Mr Markus Platzer.

As a RA, does anyone has experience of early check in at 8 AM at the IC Bangkok when booking the room on points.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

As a RA, does anyone has experience of early check in at 8 AM at the IC Bangkok when booking the room on points.
I do not have his email, but thinking I know where this is going I can tell you the following from the AMB & RA T&Cs http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...tml#ambassador

Under INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR STATUS - Section 9

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.

So if they refuse to grant this they are within their rights, but not very smart. Unless they are really choc-a-bloc full the previous night they should accomodate you even on a reward stay.

I have been able to check in as a regular AMB on a paid stay at 07:30AM the last time coming from a Europe flight and checked out 18:00 a few times also as AMB (RA before that). I have had probably 30+ stays there in the last 3 years though so am not a totally unknown customer.

Just advise that that you would like to arrive early and that you would appreciate if they can accomodate. Don't look for a dead fast guarantee though. I have never been turned away or kept waiting. YMMV.

PS: Why are you even redeeming 40K points for this hotel when Advance purchase rates can be had from 4.5K THB upwards and some corp rates go much lower than that? Not the best value in my book, but you may be staying on an expensive night.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by demue
I have been able to check in as a regular AMB on a paid stay at 07:30AM the last time coming from a Europe flight and checked out 18:00 a few times also as AMB (RA before that). I have had probably 30+ stays there in the last 3 years though so am not a totally unknown customer.
I have never had a hotel that refused to allow an early check-in if they had my room available. However, as a RA you are entitled and they need to make a room available - no matter how.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge

I can ask the staff in the club tonight for the e-mail if you still need it.

In BKK I never had problems checking in early on paid rates as I don't waist my points here, as demue says, paid rates are better value for money than points stays especially with the sales going on right now.

It's busy with RA's right now, I meet 2 RA's this morning (waiting for their room at 0800) and another one this afternoon.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by sven60035
I can ask the staff in the club tonight for the e-mail if you still need it.

In BKK I never had problems checking in early on paid rates as I don't waist my points here, as demue says, paid rates are better value for money than points stays especially with the sales going on right now.

It's busy with RA's right now, I meet 2 RA's this morning (waiting for their room at 0800) and another one this afternoon.
It would be helpful if you can find the email id of the GM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
I booked a Club Room and was upgraded to a Corner Suite. I emailed the hotel and asked about a higher suite category and the hotel replied with a 'surcharge' of 30k THB and 50k THB for their next 2 tiered suites. Wow, I could book 6 more Club rooms for that price!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by silver-tls
I booked a Club Room and was upgraded to a Corner Suite. I emailed the hotel and asked about a higher suite category and the hotel replied with a 'surcharge' of 30k THB and 50k THB for their next 2 tiered suites. Wow, I could book 6 more Club rooms for that price!
When this property was managed my Le Meridien they used to upgrade me to these suites for free, I got engaged in one of them called the Ambassador Suite at the time.

I remember being a few doors away from the Royal Suite and being shown around it by housekeeping.

At the time (2001) I was a member of the Forte Moments program, but this died and I was auto enrolled into PC.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I have stayed at this property twice before but only as an AMB. Now will be there again in June as a R. AMB. What room type should I book to get Lounge Access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.