Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Food & Beverage Amenity

Valid for 12 month
worth 20 USD (15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR)
more than one cert can used.
Remaining balance is not carried over

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Requirement (according to this post)
  • email is same as in IHG-account as stayprofile as reservation
  • name match with reservation and IHG-account
  • reception can see the roomcharge of the F&B at the bar (hotel's owned & operated venue)
In some countries, discounts or vouchers cannot applied to alcoholic beverage (e.g.Lithuania).

Hotels, where the F&B Credit was used
IC Bali (only once)

IC San Francisco
IC Yokohama
IC Barcelona (on the 3rd day of stay)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Food & Beverage Amenity

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Now clubwards at IC PL,

With my morning tea, another look at the possibility of redeeming all 30 F&B vouchers via the app.

(anything to avoid a long lengthy checkout experience .....)

Behold,
All applicable F&B charges were properly reflected,
AND the systen allowed me to offset the value against the balance ....

Phew...
More than half my F&B expenses were swept clean,
meaning it was a free Cornish afternoon tea at the Wellington lounge or a free extravaganza at Theo's....

Most enjoyable as always ! And now free

So it seems at IC PL,
only at the day of checkout,
will the hotel system update the folio to reflect via IHG global (app) & IHG1reward account
what outstanding applicable F&B charges are still due .

A chat with with someone from reception revealed that IC PL can see how many vouchers one has redeemed in the past but not where and when .

Hope this will be informative for you all.
kevino likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jan 21, 2024 at 3:38 am
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Currently racking up a heathy bill at IC PL ....

No worries me thinks, my kingdom for the opportunity to use the F&B voucher,
So nightcaps galore and rounds for everyone ....

This afternoon i tried to redeem a F&B ,
Hmmm, trying to redeem the voucher and its says
Worth 15.69 a piece
F&B balance at hotel 0 .....

I do have receipts totaling XXX spend,
Was it not properly inputted,
did i strike lucky and got a free round of drinks...?

Did NorthernLass or Atacama40 or nicolas75 pick up my tab to delight me with the joy of miracles?

So off i went to reception,
Explaining the situation,
Answer back:
"' oh you do have expenses on the hotelfolio,
you cant use the F&B redemption via the app instantly,
At this hotel, it will only work,
when the hotel folio is going to be settled at check out,
as we accumulate all F&B charges and will ask you then how much F&B vouchers you'd like to use to redeem
AND
we are going to do this manual step by step together ......at checkout

"I see,
a possibility for a time consuming checkout,
better to keep battery at 100%
and A difficult system to process those F&B .... even at the flagship IC PL

Well i am checking out tomorrow,
i'll report
How the pocess went .... i have 30x vouchers ... how many G&T can i get out of it ....,,

I had to do a manual F&B reward redemption at IC Cancun last week, too. It wasn't a huge issue but just so much easier to do on the app!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 12:23 am
wsc

I have 30x F&B vouchers.

Looking to book consecutive days somewhere with:
My points first night
my free night award second
my wifes free night award 3rd night

Thoughts / advice on if their system will allow me to roll the folio (usually you can) to the last day and settle with my F&B awards. Or maybe I swap day 2+3 booking so checking out in my name where the awards sit.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Had a strange experience today. Tried to use four F&B vouchers at Holiday Inn, J28, M1. The app showed the wrong HI. It showed Paris where I stayed last month and spent nothing on F&B. Inbetween the two HI stays we spent at night at Kimpton Fitzroy (and ordered dinner on room service) but neither this nor the correct HI were on the list.
Modo and HadesNL like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I had a similar experience in HI Gdansk. The correct hotel and room was showing but the charges weren't correct. Reception couldn't understand why so applied them themselves. They could see my reward wallet on their screens.

Oddly, my emails from IHG said my vouchers had been removed rather than the usual redeemed email. Nevertheless, foilio at checkout showed the rewards correctly as a deduction.
I still don't think they've quite nailed the seemless use of these for us customers.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:04 pm

Well this is a new one.

Had 208 euros of spend at Holiday Inn Vilnius. Applied 11 F&B vouchers. Checked with reception a few hours later to see they've been applied correctly. Told by reception they have, but they don't apply to alcohol so I now have 41 Euros overspent.

They can't/won't refund the 3 vouchers I've effectively wasted and just told me to buy more food and non alcoholic drinks (which I had no intention of doing).

Anyone else had this? I've used these in London, Gdansk, Maldives, Mauritius....no issues.

I've emailed amb help desk but not very happy.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Well this is a new one.

Had 208 euros of spend at Holiday Inn Vilnius. Applied 11 F&B vouchers. Checked with reception a few hours later to see they've been applied correctly. Told by reception they have, but they don't apply to alcohol so I now have 41 Euros overspent.

They can't/won't refund the 3 vouchers I've effectively wasted and just told me to buy more food and non alcoholic drinks (which I had no intention of doing).

Anyone else had this? I've used these in London, Gdansk, Maldives, Mauritius....no issues.

I've emailed amb help desk but not very happy.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I hope you get some resolution. The Ambassador people will probably throw some points at you if they can't reinstate the vouchers.

It looks as if this is going to be an ongoing problem with F&B vouchers where they are only valid for some expenses and not others. When checking in the hotel doesn't know whether you will use a voucher or not, but they should explain the T&Cs. Otherwise it is incumbent on the guest to ask before redeeming vouchers. This is also an issue with the Ambassador F&B credit of US$20 (or equivalent) which can only be used for certain charges - so much so that some hotels are now giving guests a voucher at check-in indictaing where the credit can be used (Change to Ambassador F&B voucher)
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:58 pm

For me that's the biggest point here, unclear ts and Cs.

If the IHG app shows me applicable charges of X which I then apply vouchers to, it can't be right that the hotel then tells me some don't actually apply. It shouldn't have appeared in the app in the first place.

Each hotel I stay at now I will ask before using. And if they don't know, I won't use at that hotel.
FLYGVA and HadesNL like this.

Last edited by Smythmeister; Feb 16, 2024 at 1:00 am
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:58 am

After ambassador support emailed the hotel and copied me in, it transpires that Lithuanian law prevents discount on alcohol, hence why they can't be applied. Would have been good if reception told me that on either of the visits to them to ask.
​​​​​​
Regardless though, the IHG app still allowed me to apply the rewards to the full amount, leaving me with a decent "credit" on the hotel bill which I now won't use.

​​​​​​Hopefully ambassador support can help. Or I've just been a test case for everyone else!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:04 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
After ambassador support emailed the hotel and copied me in, it transpires that Lithuanian law prevents discount on alcohol, hence why they can't be applied. Would have been good if reception told me that on either of the visits to them to ask.
​​​​​​
Regardless though, the IHG app still allowed me to apply the rewards to the full amount, leaving me with a decent "credit" on the hotel bill which I now won't use.

​​​​​​Hopefully ambassador support can help. Or I've just been a test case for everyone else!
Is it really a discount on beverage, not more a kind of credit in the terms of giftcard? Might it as it be, I have added this to the Wiki as general remark.

And hope, that IHG / Hotel find a solution
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:33 am

IHG credited me with two more F&B rewards so I didn't lose out.

I did do a bit of Googling and what the hotel said does seem to be correct.

Other than this, the Holiday Inn in Vilnius is excellent and I would highly recommend it.

My big takeaway here though is I will always apply my F&B rewards after checking with hotel reception first.
FLYGVA, HadesNL, Ldnn1 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Wasting my life getting these credits applied properly

I had a $83 restaurant bill and the hotel accidentally checked me out when I simply asked to store bags.

Front desk manager ended up spending 40 minutes with IHG support to apply my $80 F&B credit.

IHG should apply the F&B credit automatically rather than make us spend minutes tapping through the app.

App is way laggy and sometimes doesn't work. The backend code must be poorly designed.

Last edited by eethan; Feb 25, 2024 at 8:05 pm
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
IHG should absolutely not apply the vouchers automatically!

I’ve not had any problems using the app to apply them. True you need to apply the vouchers one by one but it gives me the control of when and how I use my vouchers.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by eethan
I had a $83 restaurant bill and the hotel accidentally checked me out when I simply asked to store bags.

Front desk manager ended up spending 40 minutes with IHG support to apply my $80 F&B credit.

IHG should apply the F&B credit automatically rather than make us spend minutes tapping through the app.

App is way laggy and sometimes doesn't work. The backend code must be poorly designed.
Check out the Hilton food and beverage credits thread if you think it should apply automatically
HadesNL, marcel.baden and ffgap like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
That thread is hilariously similair to a Greek tragedy of agony & comedy of errors combined

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.