Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Food & Beverage Amenity

Valid for 12 month
worth 20 USD (15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR)
more than one cert can used.
Remaining balance is not carried over

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Requirement (according to this post)
  • email is same as in IHG-account as stayprofile as reservation
  • name match with reservation and IHG-account
  • reception can see the roomcharge of the F&B at the bar (hotel's owned & operated venue)
In some countries, discounts or vouchers cannot applied to alcoholic beverage (e.g.Lithuania).

Hotels, where the F&B Credit was used
IC Bali (only once)

IC San Francisco
IC Yokohama
IC Barcelona (on the 3rd day of stay)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Food & Beverage Amenity

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Received the email too,
Shame & stupid of me that i forgot to ask at Kimpton London!

It would be helpful when these F&B vouchers work,
that members would post their published value ($20) in their local currency of their stayed hotel.

IE: example format:

IHG F&B $20 voucher on DEC 2022 = 19,31 value in The Netherlands | confirmed Voco The Hague)
The Food & Beverage Reward will be issued to the member in 6 local currencies (20USD, 15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR) based on member country of origin; all others will receive the Reward as $20USD. The Reward amount and credit value will be converted to the hotels local currency at time of redemption
----
With a strong USD, an US based member would get more value from the same F&B voucher comparing to a Japan based member
cln likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by pbd456
The Food & Beverage Reward will be issued to the member in 6 local currencies (20USD, 15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR) based on member country of origin; all others will receive the Reward as $20USD. The Reward amount and credit value will be converted to the hotels local currency at time of redemption
----
With a strong USD, an US based member would get more value from the same F&B voucher comparing to a Japan based member
Mine are currently showing as 17.39 at my IC Barcelona stay. I've got a 150 spend on my account at the mo and it looks like I'll able to use these. Although I have the 85 lux life credit and 15 ambassador credit as well.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
I just spent about 2 hours on the phone with IHG customer service after being unable to redeem Food and Beverage awards on the app. After following all the instructions, I got an error message saying they were having trouble redeeming the award and to contact the front desk. Of course, the folks at the front desk had no idea what to to and they referred me back to IHG call center for a frustrating series of conversations with at least 5 different agents - repeating the story over and over again.

I had a similar issue in San Francisco a few weeks back, and the manager was able to complete the transaction as she knew a back door trick to make it happen.

Is anyone else having issues with this? I know IHG is infamous for IT issues, and I wonder if this is the latest debacle with the rollout of the F and B award program. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The F&B milestone credits can be used at Intercontinental Yokohama. I just applied one. Nice to stack them with the 2,000 yen off food Ambassador voucher.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
The F&B credits worked at IC Bali last weekend. Well, they worked one day, but didn't work the next day.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I just tried at IC Berlin they do not work , it seems they did during a trial phase but then stopped 🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:06 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Hmmmm, nothing here sounds really convincing. Guess i go for the points again
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
GM at the HI is stay at regularly in the UK seems to think things will be up and running next month.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Currently at the IC Phuket F&B reward is not working there sadly.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:38 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The Crowne Plaza Milwaukee South had no idea how the f&b amenity worked and decided, that the hotel did not (yet) participate.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Not available yet at the IC Buenos Aires.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Added the 3 hotels in the Wiki, where you can use the f&b credit so far according to the posts in this thread and also the requirements posted by HadesNL in this post.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you for adding the datapoint + wiki......

Let's hope the list of properties will expand where F&B rewards can be used ...
Old May 3, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Now available at Grater China. But, REGENT Taipei violated the T&Cs

REGENT Taipei violated T&Cs
Old May 3, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
update,

stayed IC kuala lumpur malaysia 2 weeks ago, cant use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.