FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milestone Discussion: Food & Beverage Amenity
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:42 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
I just spent about 2 hours on the phone with IHG customer service after being unable to redeem Food and Beverage awards on the app. After following all the instructions, I got an error message saying they were having trouble redeeming the award and to contact the front desk. Of course, the folks at the front desk had no idea what to to and they referred me back to IHG call center for a frustrating series of conversations with at least 5 different agents - repeating the story over and over again.

I had a similar issue in San Francisco a few weeks back, and the manager was able to complete the transaction as she knew a back door trick to make it happen.

Is anyone else having issues with this? I know IHG is infamous for IT issues, and I wonder if this is the latest debacle with the rollout of the F and B award program. Any thoughts or suggestions?