Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: KFEG
Attempted to pay $200 for Ambassador yesterday, the website says payment error but the transaction actually went through when I checked it, so I emailed [email protected]. 10 hours later and still no communication from IHG about my Ambassador enrollment, should I be worried? I have a stay at IC Kuala Lumpur tomorrow and was initially excited about the perks, but IHG's feeble IT system and lack of customer support are tiring me out.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've been to an awful lot of HI's around the world and they do offer breakfast at a price. In some places breakfast can be rather expensive. HIX's and Staybridge Suites of course have free breakfast. Diamond breakfast is useful also at CP's, IC's and Kimpton. I think at Voco too. Maybe also at Six Senses and Mr. & Mrs. Smith?
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
As posted above, main difference between HI and HIX (in North America at least) is HI have a restaurant so you would get free breakfast there as Diamond which is decent benefit.

Some HI and HIX have suites or bigger rooms so I usually get upgraded to those when available.
So outside of the US is a different thing altogether, as even platinum status gives you some benefits. In the US, I feel wanting your status honored at a HI or HIX is just asking for disappointment (and I prefer HIX as they are newer and HI are pretty old sometimes). And CP? Generally horribly outdated hotels, which sometimes have a lounge (eg Anchorage).
And for the extended stay they follow the same rules as Marriott. You just cannot be upgraded to a two-bedroom (got told at Staybridge, got told at Residence Inn, all the same. Of course, there aren't corporate rules, but rather rules seemingly every property follows).
I guess the relationship of IHG diamond to platinum is like Marriott platinum to gold.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by drawar
Attempted to pay $200 for Ambassador yesterday, the website says payment error but the transaction actually went through when I checked it, so I emailed [email protected]. 10 hours later and still no communication from IHG about my Ambassador enrollment, should I be worried? I have a stay at IC Kuala Lumpur tomorrow and was initially excited about the perks, but IHG's feeble IT system and lack of customer support are tiring me out.
They have been hacked. Their systems aren't working fully/properly at the moment.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by stimpy
HIX's and Staybridge Suites of course have free breakfast. Diamond breakfast is useful also at CP's, IC's and Kimpton. I think at Voco too. Maybe also at Six Senses and Mr. & Mrs. Smith?
Can confirm free brekkie for Diamonds at Voco hotels.
In my case at Voco The Hague the buffet was included for the 2 of us staying in the room.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So outside of the US is a different thing altogether, as even platinum status gives you some benefits. In the US, I feel wanting your status honored at a HI or HIX is just asking for disappointment (and I prefer HIX as they are newer and HI are pretty old sometimes). And CP? Generally horribly outdated hotels, which sometimes have a lounge (eg Anchorage).
And for the extended stay they follow the same rules as Marriott. You just cannot be upgraded to a two-bedroom (got told at Staybridge, got told at Residence Inn, all the same. Of course, there aren't corporate rules, but rather rules seemingly every property follows).
I just posted above your post that I got a suite at an HIX in the US recently. And I didn't even ask for it. True you cannot count on suite upgrades with HI's and CP's, but it does happen. True most CP's in the US are old and outdated, but there are a few exceptions. And some get nice renovations like the CP San Pedro, CA. You learn where the good ones are and stick with those.

As for Staybridge or Residence Inn, when I book a room for 3 or 4, I generally get a two bedroom suite. Or sometimes I just book a 2 bedroom it because it isn't a big price difference anyways at those hotels. I did that recently in Durham, NC for only about $30 extra. And it was a really nice Staybridge. In that case, Diamond paid off well because they had run out of water bottles. I asked if I could grab some of the Vitamin Water bottles in the Pantry. The first guy said I had to buy them, but then the manager said because I was Diamond I could grab 4 bottles for free.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:52 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by drawar
What does yoour online profile or the app show? I have encountered similar problems last year, but despite the same message, it showed up correctly in app and on the website.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
The program has launched for almost 6 months, we have yet to see how to use the beverage coupons, and the discount award sale for Plat and Diamond...
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: CX Green Marriott Titanium Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pbd456
The program has launched for almost 6 months, we have yet to see how to use the beverage coupons, and the discount award sale for Plat and Diamond...

The discounted award sale may have already happened.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Twice or even Thrice,

Discounted sale courtesy of IHG, its interns, its IT-department or the hackers ....
Admiral Ackbar and demue like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The Milestone Reward dates got reset to 31/12 expiry after the hack, and are still showing that date.

Which makes me wonder, what if such rewards earned in October (or later) also hardcode to a 31/12 expiry? This will mean the (possible) hack of getting nearly 2 years of lounge access (by delaying the choice till 2023) is gone.

Maybe this is a cunning plan by IHG to sidestep this issue?

And it's ridiculous that we still can't select F&B vouchers yet. I just earned my 30-night award, and all I can currently select is the 5,000 points (obviously I've left it unselected for now)
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
The Milestone Reward dates got reset to 31/12 expiry after the hack, and are still showing that date.

Which makes me wonder, what if such rewards earned in October (or later) also hardcode to a 31/12 expiry? This will mean the (possible) hack of getting nearly 2 years of lounge access (by delaying the choice till 2023) is gone.

Maybe this is a cunning plan by IHG to sidestep this issue?

And it's ridiculous that we still can't select F&B vouchers yet. I just earned my 30-night award, and all I can currently select is the 5,000 points (obviously I've left it unselected for now)
I agree,

It almost seems that Baldrick has devised a devious & cunning plan for his scheming master The Blackadder!
The 31/12 expiry date seems to be the set standard now, best to claim any rewards om the 30/12 date because otherwise mass redeeming on 31/12 would cause the IT to crash in a blazing fire...
yurtripper likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:26 pm

I got an email today confirming my 30 night Milestone Reward:
"YOUR REWARDS, YOUR WAY
Cheers to 30 nights! Now it's time to treat yourself. Choose the option that speaks to you (or your stomach). You have 90 days to make your selection."

The reward also shows up on the web site
"30 NIGHT MILESTONE REWARD UNLOCKED! Pick 1 by 01/16/2023"

So it looks like the 12/31/2022 pick by date is not hardcoded.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Lounge access fail

Had three recent stays in Dubai -- IC Festival City, HI Al Barsha, and CP Deira, which all have lounges. Although I selected the club lounge benefit, the hotels naturally had no idea what I was talking about and I didn't receive it anywhere on check-in. (IC later gave it to me as a service-recovery gesture for an unrelated issue.)

I see now, logging in to my account, that you're supposed to print out the screen shot and show it to them, which I didn't do.

Still, this is quintessential ICHG garbage. They created this solid benefit, but without informing properties -- much less implementing a business process to make it work, like, I don't know, adding club access to the room reservation details, which wouldn't be difficult -- so it becomes pointless.

I haven't read through all of this thread, but what are members' success rates with this?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I too have lounge access milestone chosen but yet to stay somewhere with a lounge. Suspect it'll be hard work.

At a Holiday Inn in Shepperton right now. Second stay here since New diamond rules. Second stay with breakfast issues. Pulled out check in guidance stating it is only for first night.

I helpfully turned over the free voucher she'd just given me and read her out the ts and cs. After a bit of back and forth even after that, I got it for all nights.

As with lounge access, I really don't get how it's so hard. If the properties don't agree with the changes that's for them argue with IHG or move their franchise. It should never be the customer arguing the toss.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by mecabq
Had three recent stays in Dubai -- IC Festival City, HI Al Barsha, and CP Deira, which all have lounges. Although I selected the club lounge benefit, the hotels naturally had no idea what I was talking about and I didn't receive it anywhere on check-in. (IC later gave it to me as a service-recovery gesture for an unrelated issue.)

I see now, logging in to my account, that you're supposed to print out the screen shot and show it to them, which I didn't do.

Still, this is quintessential ICHG garbage. They created this solid benefit, but without informing properties -- much less implementing a business process to make it work, like, I don't know, adding club access to the room reservation details, which wouldn't be difficult -- so it becomes pointless.

I haven't read through all of this thread, but what are members' success rates with this?
One has to get it "registered" in the system with the first day- at the checkin I mentioned the lounge access under new rules- and the staff at IC KualaLumpur quickly took a picture of the milestone reward and added it in the system- was not asked again at other properties in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.