Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jcsimard
I got an email today confirming my 30 night Milestone Reward:
"YOUR REWARDS, YOUR WAY
Cheers to 30 nights! Now it's time to treat yourself. Choose the option that speaks to you (or your stomach). You have 90 days to make your selection."

The reward also shows up on the web site
"30 NIGHT MILESTONE REWARD UNLOCKED! Pick 1 by 01/16/2023"

So it looks like the 12/31/2022 pick by date is not hardcoded.
Oh, I just checked the 30 night milestone award (earned Sep 15) and - would you believe it - the expiry is 15 Jan!

Last edited by yurtripper; Sep 18, 2022 at 10:30 am Reason: Added new info for 30 night milestone expiry
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
The program has launched for almost 6 months, we have yet to see how to use the beverage coupons, and the discount award sale for Plat and Diamond...
What about the dedicated Diamond support desk? Have yet to see that, too.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:21 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by mecabq
Had three recent stays in Dubai -- IC Festival City, HI Al Barsha, and CP Deira, which all have lounges. Although I selected the club lounge benefit, the hotels naturally had no idea what I was talking about and I didn't receive it anywhere on check-in. (IC later gave it to me as a service-recovery gesture for an unrelated issue.)

I see now, logging in to my account, that you're supposed to print out the screen shot and show it to them, which I didn't do.

Still, this is quintessential ICHG garbage. They created this solid benefit, but without informing properties -- much less implementing a business process to make it work, like, I don't know, adding club access to the room reservation details, which wouldn't be difficult -- so it becomes pointless.

You are not expected to print out the club access conditions but showing it in the app helps when you get a more dragonish lounge attendant that is clueless about the new rules (happened to me one evening in Berlin). Showed the reward in the app and everything got squared away.

So I have been completely satisfied with the new benefits as they apply to me so far.

I haven't read through all of this thread, but what are members' success rates with this?
Have had no issues whatsoever getting Diamond breakfast and milestone club access at the two ICs (Montreal and Berlin) that I have stayed in since hitting those milestones. Everything was given proactively and worked flawlessly on my end.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ffgap
What about the dedicated Diamond support desk? Have yet to see that, too.
I have a dedicated phone number on my member page at IHG for diamond support, don't know what else you are expecting?

EDIT (09 Oct 22) This seems to have disappeared from the Diamond Support link on the IHG one dashboard page

ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Oct 9, 2022 at 9:07 am
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by gogooo
One has to get it "registered" in the system with the first day- at the checkin I mentioned the lounge access under new rules- and the staff at IC KualaLumpur quickly took a picture of the milestone reward and added it in the system- was not asked again at other properties in Thailand.
What other properties in Thailand did you get lounge access? Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by kevino
IC Pattaya and CP Bangkok.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Very nice, esp. the IC Pattaya lounge. Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Originally Posted by kevino
Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
InterContinental Bangkok
Holiday Inn Bangkok
InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Holiday Inn Pattaya
Holiday Inn & Suites Rayong City Centre
InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
InterContinental Koh Samui Resort

InterContinental Phuket Resort
kevino, Admiral Ackbar and FLYGVA like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Raffles
pointed out that IHG-suite upgradeawards are only applicable on best flex rate bookings for now.
Not on reward nights at the moment.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...estone-reward/

His quote:You can confirm your suite upgrade by ringing IHG One Rewards 14 days before arrival. If a suite is available for cash, it will be made available for your suite upgrade award. Some hotels are allowed to substitute selected ‘premium rooms’ to be offered instead of suites, which is fair enough if the room is large.

Reward nights are not eligible for suite upgrades. There is a hope at IHG that this can be changed in the future.

And from loyaltylobby:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/10/...-june-10-2022/
- suite upgrade awards also on members discount rate
- diamond breakfast at all Kimptons but not at Six Senses
Is this still the case that suite upgrades are not usable on award bookings?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Is this still the case that suite upgrades are not usable on award bookings?
Yes for now that is still the case. I’m doubtful it will actually ever change but if it does, it would be great. Have two reservations in London and Paris (IC) next March, both awards stays, so I’m going to continue monitoring this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 1:08 pm

So are they hoping we forgot about the F&B rewards? Almost 6 months in and nothing is something else!
cln, Engineering Travel and 336 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
So are they hoping we forgot about the F&B rewards? Almost 6 months in and nothing is something else!
I have a milestone reward to use at 40 nights...Im waiting now for when they are in the UK and working..
Old Sep 30, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
The worst part about it to me is that if you choose the F&B award, the one year expiration clock starts counting down immediately, even though you can't actually use it yet.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I booked a stay on IHG Hotel Indigo in Barcelona, do they offer free breakfast even for chase free night award bookings
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:38 am

I now have 15 food and beverage rewards that I can't use and all with the clock ticking.I check semi-regularly with the hotels I am staying at, and no staff have heard anything from IHG regarding these rewards.
I presume given the fact that the year will be ending soon, that these rewards will not be available this year. Anybody have any information on what IHG's plans might be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.