Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Stimpy's suggestion to spend even more money with IHG is laughable in my situation. I can get everything and more from my LT Marriott Titanium status and can stay at a broad range of higher end properties with plenty of choices at properties without the sham fees.
Well as a Marriott LT Titanium myself, I agree that you have a broad range of higher end properties. But the elite treatment at those properties is nothing compared to IHG top elite treatment. Not even close.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by stimpy
That's why it is so valuable to have elite status. IC's and RA's don't pay these fees.

We are of course paying a lot more to earn the status, but if we are traveling anyways...
Okay, this may be a (another) dumb question but what is an "IC" that doesn't pay amenity fees? Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Okay, this may be a (another) dumb question but what is an "IC" that doesn't pay amenity fees? Thanks.
IC = Inner Circle which is the Kimpton Elite Status program.
SFOTerry likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Kimpton 'Inner Circle (IC)' - their highest reward tier by invitation, doesnt pay Hotel Amenity Fees as a term of their status.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:20 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Out of the 3 diamond welcome amenities, the breakfast is obviously the best value to choose from. Now that I have Club access after 40 nights, I am wondering what I should do for an upcoming 9 night stay at IC Berlin. Is the breakfast available at the restaurant much better than the one in the Club so would still be worth choosing as welcome amenity? I know I could get equivalent breakfast for cheaper in the surrounding area but which amenity would you choose when you have both Diamond and Club access?
Not an important topic at all was just curious!
​​​​​
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have never had breakfast at the IC Berlin lounge, but I found the restaurant breakfast (pre-Covid) very good and my family members loved it. It definitely holds a spot in top IC breakfasts for us and we stayed in ICs around the world.
Admiral Ackbar and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Totally agree with this. IC Berlin was the best breakfast I ever had at an IHG property.
Admiral Ackbar and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Well if the hotel is busy the the main restaurant can be just too full ! It has a vast selection of food on offer from local items to Asian and selection of European products. If you get them to make coffee from the big espresso machine it’s much better than that in the club lounge.
The lounge obviously has a smaller selection plus dishes to order from a menu for me it is more than enough and a nicer place to be . Being only a few steps from my room also beats the trek downstairs and across the lobby
I’ll also be there in a couple of weeks , I guess amenity will have to be the 600 points lol
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:30 pm

Food and Beverage Rewards Redemption in Asia?

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Food & Beverage Rewards coming soon! While Food & Beverage Rewards are not available for use at hotels quite yet, you can still select this reward for use later this year. Stay tuned for more details.

Seeing this for a check-in at IHG Tahiti tomorrow

TD
I am wondering if anyone had a chance to redeem F/B Milestone Rewards in Asia? Thank you in advance for the information.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:01 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by janejay123
I am wondering if anyone had a chance to redeem F/B Milestone Rewards in Asia? Thank you in advance for the information.
They are not available for use anywhere yet (which is annoying as the expiry date was set at selection and is ticking by)
cln, HadesNL and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:09 am

Exactly. They should do something on expiration dates. Thank you.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
They are not available for use anywhere yet (which is annoying as the expiry date was set at selection and is ticking by)
It's getting beyond a joke isn't it?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:41 pm

Have you all forgotten the Spire benefits to be announced...

which never came.

Last edited by 336; Aug 22, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by 336
Have you all forgotten the Spire benefits to announced...

which never came.
Any day now ...
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
And to add insult to injury I keep getting reminders from IHG that I should make my selection for the Milestone reward.. even though the selection I want to make remains unavailable
HadesNL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.