Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
yurtripper : I had the same reminder too!
I put in my calender the last date these f&b things can be selected so hope,
it would get settled/accepted in the meantime they would be valid.....
I can see the look on IC AMS's face if i exchange a stack of F&B vouchers to treat my inlaws on the cheap next year
Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by 336
Have you all forgotten the Spire benefits to be announced...
which never came.
LOL! I will keep my plastic Spire RA card as a momento of overpromise and undeliver
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ARR72
Oh wow, that is an interesting turn of events…. I have a reservation at the Everly booked next month, before the amenity fees were implemented. I sure hope that exempts my reservation (it’s been booked for weeks). I’ll keep an eye out, thanks for the head’s up.
They tried to charge me the fee even though I booked it before the fee was instituted. If the reservation was booked before the 12th of August be sure to have them remove it. When I checked out they tried to get me out of there as soon as possible in the hopes I would not notice it. So sad that Kimpton’s in the US degrade their otherwise decent brand with dumb fees.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:23 pm

Are there data points of people being able to use the lounge access on free night awards (or point awards)? I know the blogger are saying it should be usable, but in practice ...
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Are there data points of people being able to use the lounge access on free night awards (or point awards)? I know the blogger are saying it should be usable, but in practice ...
IC Kuala Lumpur IC Pattaya and CP Bangkok, very welcomed. IC Kuala Lumpur was the first stay under the new benefit and they took a picture of the milestone reward selection and now it is already in the system. Massive improvements.
js1993 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by gogooo
IC Kuala Lumpur IC Pattaya and CP Bangkok, very welcomed. IC Kuala Lumpur was the first stay under the new benefit and they took a picture of the milestone reward selection and now it is already in the system. Massive improvements.
Thank you!
Trying to see if I should switch some nights over to IHG to hit the 40 nights.

Anybody here know if you hit the milestone in Nov, can you wait til Jan to select it so you get 2 years? (I mean, obviously nobody has been in this situation, but is there a reason why that wouldn't work?)
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Life
Thank you!
Trying to see if I should switch some nights over to IHG to hit the 40 nights.

Anybody here know if you hit the milestone in Nov, can you wait til Jan to select it so you get 2 years? (I mean, obviously nobody has been in this situation, but is there a reason why that wouldn't work?)
No- the reward is valid through next calendar year from the date of first award- not 24 months after selection.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:31 pm

No- the reward is valid through next calendar year from the date of first award- not 24 months after selection.
So say you earn a milestone award at 40 in November, can you wait til January to actually select it?
It is good for the rest of that year and 12 months. So you mean "rest of that year" means 2022 even though you selected it in 2023?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
So say you earn a milestone award at 40 in November, can you wait til January to actually select it?
It is good for the rest of that year and 12 months. So you mean "rest of that year" means 2022 even though you selected it in 2023?
Right, that seems to be the expectation. Goes by earned date and not selection date, but might not know for sure until after Jan. 1.

On a semi-related note, does everyone still have a 12/31/22 or 12/31/23 expiration date for status in the app and at IHG.com? Wasn't status supposed to be through 2/28?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Well, that's 70 nights, lots of F&B credits that I can't use yet. They've got until Jan when hopefully I can use them at the Six Senses Laamu, $480 and rising, it might cover a couple of dinners!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by js1993
On a semi-related note, does everyone still have a 12/31/22 or 12/31/23 expiration date for status in the app and at IHG.com? Wasn't status supposed to be through 2/28?
I'm Diamond, and my expiration date still shows as 12/31/22, even though this page https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...3b00520a82b82a says "All members’ program status has been automatically extended through February 2023."
js1993 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Saw a new thing at the Kimpton Eventi. They have a special breakfast menu for Diamond members. It is dumbed down from the regular menu. Other hotels in the US give you a dollar limit for breakfast so you can choose what you like. This Kimpton restricts you to only a few items. And they don't seem to understand English very well. One of the options is "eggs any style". So I ordered an omelet. The waiter said "no, you can have eggs any style". I replied that omelet is a style. But they refused and said if I wanted an omelet I would have to pay for it. What a great way to treat your best customers!

Coffee was also limited and if you wanted yogurt you had to pay extra, etc. Really a bad choice.
eugnk and 336 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
That's too bad. I used to like the Eventi a lot.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Where does it actually state this in the T&Cs though? There seems to be a lot of uncertainty around it if you read the various blogs (TPG, OMAAT, LL)
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
it’s in listed on the member benefits chart - https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
  • Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)

and
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrade is valid for 12 months from milestone selection

Remember we have 90 days from earning a reward level to the deadline for selecting the benefit. Dates show in our accounts.

first batch need selecting by 9th September - 90 days from when the scheme officially launched (assuming you had reached a trigger point)

my next reward needs selecting by 3rd November - 90 days after the stay that got me over the trigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.