Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I cant find the info: are they considered qualifying nights for status?
yes
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Lionheart
Can I just clarify a stupid question?

Is it fully expected that Holiday Inns within Europe provide Breakfast to Diamond Elite on Reward Stays specifically? Or is this at their discretion? I just don't want to push the point if I am not actually entitled to it ! Thanks
My stay at the Kimpton Palomar on Tuesday was on a second night free Ambassador certificate, and free breakfast was honored. It's my understanding from the T&Cs that the free breakfast applies to award stays as well as paid stays.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
We were there at the same time - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34373126-post33.html

Did you remember to use the secret password?
I didn't. I hadn't stayed in a Kimpton for a long time and forgot about the password!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: United 1K, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Stayed at Intercontinental St. Paul Downtown this week as diamond amb. Proactively offered breakfast at the main restaurant. The breakfast was in the form of a voucher card. It covered one free entree from the menu + coffee.

Picture attached showing my eggs benedict. Not too bad for complimentary breakfast.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Crown Plaza Marlow, UK.
I’d booked a suite on a non-refundable breakfast inclusive rate a long while back so there was nothing they could do for my Diamond status but I’m reporting because they’ve now closed their Club Lounge permanently. It was never particularly good but I’m wondering if they’ve closed it to save costs as they now have to give free breakfasts to top tier members? Concerning if this becomes a trend.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Now at IC AMS:

Diamond: buffet + 1 hot item complimentary

Royal Ambassador: buffet + unlimited hot items inclusive
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Crown Plaza Marlow, UK.
I’d booked a suite on a non-refundable breakfast inclusive rate a long while back so there was nothing they could do for my Diamond status but I’m reporting because they’ve now closed their Club Lounge permanently. It was never particularly good but I’m wondering if they’ve closed it to save costs as they now have to give free breakfasts to top tier members? Concerning if this becomes a trend.
Shouldn’t you have still been offered the other usual welcome amenities which IIRC are some points or a drinks voucher.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Shouldn’t you have still been offered the other usual welcome amenities which IIRC are some points or a drinks voucher.
Yes and I took the points, didn’t mention that as I was focussing on the new Diamond benefits. Also got given a late check-out but we don’t really want it as we have a cat to get back to!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: IHG
Just checked out of IC Park Lane and as I was doing so, a gentlemen beside me was attempting to invoke his “guaranteed 12pm checkin, as an Ambassador member” - Is that a thing? Not heard of this before, only for RA, and that’s now 10am.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by turner32
Just checked out of IC Park Lane and as I was doing so, a gentlemen beside me was attempting to invoke his “guaranteed 12pm checkin, as an Ambassador member” - Is that a thing? Not heard of this before, only for RA, and that’s now 10am.
Your understanding is correct. There is no such thing.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Your understanding is correct. There is no such thing.
Thanks. I thought as much. It did seem very much as if he was trying to strong-arm the agent into allowing an early checkin using program conditions that don’t actually exist.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by turner32
You are right, early check in always subject to availability for regular Ambassadors. 10AM guaranteed for RA except at Regents in Greater China or Six Senses Residences.
turner32 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by jaytw
You are right, early check in always subject to availability for regular Ambassadors. 10AM guaranteed for RA except at Regents in Greater China or Six Senses Residences.
I know there aren't many RA out there and hotel sellouts are relatively rare, but how do they "guarantee" a check-in time that's before checkout time?
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
I know there aren't many RA out there and hotel sellouts are relatively rare, but how do they "guarantee" a check-in time that's before checkout time?
When I was RA, on the occasions I used early checkin, if the room wasn’t ready, they would provide an alternative room until the final room was ready. Alternatively, you would be directed to the club lounge, until arrangements could be made.

Not sure what happened to the guy trying his luck for 12pm because it was a full house the night before and his attitude won’t have won him many friends.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by js1993
I've never been denied a room when arriving at 8am, back when we had the 8am rule. As noted, sometimes you get a temporary entry level room. But sometimes when I show up early they give me a high end suite that was unsold the night before. I had that happen at the Hong Kong IC in an amazing suite.
Traveler Dave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.