Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Was to be expected:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/30/...clarification/

- CSU for suite does not come with club access : you just get the physical suite
- complimentary upgrade to a club room does not include access : you just get the club room

* no diamond brekkie at 2 residence properties in Dubai/Qatar

nicolas75 : sorry to read your comment got a beating there, but i will say it again:
commenting on some matters there is usless because some there are oblivious.....
better to let them be oblivious so we can keep IHG/diamond/RA undervalued
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 31, 2022 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Was to be expected:

- CSU for suite does not come with club access : you just get the physical suite
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is CSU? Complimentary? If so then I do not disagree with the rule. Lounges for folks with 40+ nights and people paying for access, nobody else.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
escape4 : no worries

CSU = confirmable suite upgrade

as in milestones rewards chosen:
Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

And escape4 : i couldn't agree more
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by escape4
Lounges for folks with 40+ nights and people paying for access, nobody else.
Well, and Royal Ambassadors of course.

I'm not sure why I would want to choose the Club access benefit? I already get club at all IC's, and apparently at Regent too. And I've always gotten club at the handful of CP's I stay at, such as the CP CPH. Kimpton's do not have clubs AFAIK. So far these milestone benefits seem pretty useless to me. 5K points is not worth very much.
ninjalad likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Was to be expected:

- complimentary upgrade to a club room does not include access : you just get the club room

* no diamond brekkie at 2 residence properties in Dubai/Qatar

nicolas75 : sorry to read your comment got a beating there, but i will say it again:
commenting on some matters there is usless because some there are oblivious.....
better to let them be oblivious so we can keep IHG/diamond/RA undervalued
Travel blogs have even more whiners than FT, but a club room without club access has always been really odd and you can't blame anyone for being confused or disappointed.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
.......Kimpton's do not have clubs AFAIK. So far these milestone benefits seem pretty useless to me. 5K points is not worth very much.

Kimpton Epic Miami does. Think thats the only one.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Has anyone any experience with the new Diamond-level program benefits (especially breakfast) in Canada and France? I have awards stays booked at the Vancouver Downtown HI and Paris Opera - Grand Blvds in October. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Has anyone any experience with the new Diamond-level program benefits (especially breakfast) in Canada and France? I have awards stays booked at the Vancouver Downtown HI and Paris Opera - Grand Blvds in October. Thanks.
Yes at the Kimpton Paris.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:47 am

Has anyone any experience with the new Diamond-level program benefits (especially breakfast)
IHG Diamond here. We stayed in Italy at a CP twice in July, each time 2 adults + 3 kids spread across two interconnecting rooms (effectively a suite but they don't call it that). First time all five of us got full free breakfast, second time [same hotel, a few weeks later] they'd obviously read up the T&Cs and we were told free Diamond breakfast only applies for up to two. So after a short negotiation we got two full breakfasts free and paid €5/each extra for the kids.

... in Canada and France? I have awards stays booked at the Vancouver Downtown HI and Paris Opera - Grand Blvds in October. Thanks.
I'll be staying in a HI in Paris in a few weeks, I'll report back...
SFOTerry likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
My last stay at IC Berlin I was offered breakfast as Diamond, then as RA it is automatic and as I already had Club suite booked they didn’t know what to say lol
It seems most hotels are good with offering breakfast for Diamonds for up to two in same room, for further guests it’s up to check in agent and hotel policy
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:24 pm

Proactively offered breakfast as Diamond.

I was very pleased to be offered breakfast at two Intercontinental stays this summer - in late June in Toronto and in early July in Chicago. Both buffets were very good, with the Chicago location including Eggs Benedict as well as lox each day. These were both points stays.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Yes, I received the breakfast offer at Holiday Inn London Ontario last weekend.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Diamond 2024 re-qualification question

Hi there,

Got qualified as Diamond prior to the April deadline, so my status is valid til 31/12/2023.

If I reach the 120k points in 2022, would those count towards 2024 renewal? or those are basically useless points for Diamond qualification purposes?

Thank you for your inputs!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by longliveKA
Hi there,

Got qualified as Diamond prior to the April deadline, so my status is valid til 31/12/2023.

If I reach the 120k points in 2022, would those count towards 2024 renewal? or those are basically useless points for Diamond qualification purposes?

Thank you for your inputs!
Unlike surplus nights you can't carry forward points to the next year for requalification.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:14 am

Does anyone know whether free breakfast as Diamond at Intercontinental is also applicable when on reward night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.