IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Unlike surplus nights you can't carry forward points to the next year for requalification.
If currently have Diamond Status until end December 2023, if stay 40 nights this year, will the 40 nights this year be brought over to next year (2023) and count towards Diamond requalification for 2024? Or gotta start the nights count from scratch at the start of next year? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by daruda
Does anyone know whether free breakfast as Diamond at Intercontinental is also applicable when on reward night?
Free breakfast as welcome amenity is available for Diamonds on reward nights also
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:30 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by wondrousnature
If currently have Diamond Status until end December 2023, if stay 40 nights this year, will the 40 nights this year be brought over to next year (2023) and count towards Diamond requalification for 2024? Or gotta start the nights count from scratch at the start of next year? Thanks in advance!
I believe the only nights that carry over to the next year are the ones over the normal 70-night qualification threshold
ninjalad, js1993, Moh20 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I believe the only nights that carry over to the next year are the ones over the normal 70-night qualification threshold
Thanks so much for the useful clarification!
​​​​
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Anyone had any experience with ambassador weekend night cert and comfirmable suite upgrade? My assumption is it isn't an eligible rate but I've emailed ambassador services to ask.

I know it can be used for 5 nights but I'm struggling to see where I'd use it for that length and will be in London fri/sat night this week. May be a good use of it at Kimpton or ICPL.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:52 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by daruda
Does anyone know whether free breakfast as Diamond at Intercontinental is also applicable when on reward night?
It should be, yes
ARR72 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Anyone had any experience with ambassador weekend night cert and comfirmable suite upgrade? My assumption is it isn't an eligible rate but I've emailed ambassador services to ask.

I know it can be used for 5 nights but I'm struggling to see where I'd use it for that length and will be in London fri/sat night this week. May be a good use of it at Kimpton or ICPL.
I spoke to IHG customer care yesterday and they confrimed thet the CSU cannot be used on an ambassador weekend night booking. They also confirmed that they do noy have a date yet when the food and beverage vouchers can be used.
freakazoid likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by MBDublin
I spoke to IHG customer care yesterday and they confrimed thet the CSU cannot be used on an ambassador weekend night booking. They also confirmed that they do noy have a date yet when the food and beverage vouchers can be used.
Thanks for that info. Meanwhile my f and b vouchers tick down towards expiry date.
Admiral Ackbar and cln like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Thanks for confirming, and as expected albeit disappointing.
cln likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What's the deal with the F&B voucher delay? Are they even gonna appear before the end of the year?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The new "benefits" appear to be paid by increasing amenity fees. Just having a look at Los Angeles, and the Kimpton Everly has added a new $11.62/day fee. Kimpton Wilshire raised theirs to $40.50/day. Kimpton LaPeer $50.06/day. Kimpton Palomar $45.17. Getting ridiculous with the rip off fees.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The new "benefits" appear to be paid by increasing amenity fees. Just having a look at Los Angeles, and the Kimpton Everly has added a new $11.62/day fee. Kimpton Wilshire raised theirs to $40.50/day. Kimpton LaPeer $50.06/day. Kimpton Palomar $45.17. Getting ridiculous with the rip off fees.
That's why it is so valuable to have elite status. IC's and RA's don't pay these fees.

We are of course paying a lot more to earn the status, but if we are traveling anyways...
HadesNL and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Oh wow, that is an interesting turn of events…. I have a reservation at the Everly booked next month, before the amenity fees were implemented. I sure hope that exempts my reservation (it’s been booked for weeks). I’ll keep an eye out, thanks for the head’s up.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Scandalous that US Kimptons have no shame with such resort/destination fees increases!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Scandalous that US Kimptons have no shame with such resort/destination fees increases!
Exactly why I have largely abandoned IHG. I have no interest in most of their brands and if you stay at a higher-mid range brand like Kimpton, you are paying tons of fees which more than negate any benefits from Diamond. Was just trying to use up my Ambassador BOGO certificate and found that the crazy fees are now every crazier providing me with nothing in return except for a bad taste in my mouth. Stimpy's suggestion to spend even more money with IHG is laughable in my situation. I can get everything and more from my LT Marriott Titanium status and can stay at a broad range of higher end properties with plenty of choices at properties without the sham fees. If Kimpton got rid of the fees--they are quite good. With the fees, they are just an annoyance.

Got a year extension of Diamond by renewing Ambassador status. At least I can use up my certificate at the Kimpton Everly as I booked before the fee was instituted today and can use up the rest of my points but the value of the IHG program for me has been on a rapid decline over the past 5 months.
HadesNL likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.