Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Raffles
pointed out that IHG-suite upgradeawards are only applicable on best flex rate bookings for now.
Not on reward nights at the moment.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...estone-reward/
Which isn't quire correct as the IHG T&Cs say this

"Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Government, and select Corporate and package rates"

Which is significantly better than simply Best Flexible Rates

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems that the select mention has been removed.
Well that is some good news. Clearly free breakfast for elites is regarded as table stakes in the competitive field of business hotel chains.

Then again the Kimpton in Austin Texas that I stayed at a couple of weeks ago did not have a breakfast restaurant. So "due to COVID" is still a limiting factor.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:49 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by HadesNL
- diamond breakfast at all Kimptons but not at Six Senses
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by escape4
Breakfast is included with the rate at a lot of Six Senses, but of course… not on award stays
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dw
Breakfast is included with the rate at a lot of Six Senses
Which is not the same as getting breakfast as an elite benefit when a hotel has rates with and without breakfast
Keefy-boy likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:36 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Wonder if we can use multiple SNU for stays longer than 5 nights. Nothing I can see against it in the T&C after quick glance
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Breakfast is included with the rate at a lot of Six Senses, but of course… not on award stays
I have a booking at SS Laamu and they confirmed before the change that breakfast was included on all stays irrespective of how they are booked, points included.
dw and jphripjah like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Wonder if we can use multiple SNU for stays longer than 5 nights. Nothing I can see against it in the T&C after quick glance
Definitely can use 3 for a 15 night stay assuming eligible suites available. The only question is are 3 separate 5 night reservations needed to be able to attach them to the reservations successfully.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well it would indeed depend in the availability,

What if the suite isn’t available on your middle 5 night block for example? Or only for the first 3 nights?

Plus you have the timing of using the vouchers to factor in with the earliest you can request being 14 days before the stay so it’s not something you can request for the whole stay at the same time unless you left it very close to the first night in which case availability for the first block might have already gone.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Is anyone going to come up with a list of best IHG hotels to use confirmed suite upgrades at? You know, hotels where value of suite far exceeds value of base room by many hundreds of dollars.

Or will the suites always be "unavailable" at said hotels?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:06 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Is anyone going to come up with a list of best IHG hotels to use confirmed suite upgrades at? You know, hotels where value of suite far exceeds value of base room by many hundreds of dollars.

Or will the suites always be "unavailable" at said hotels?
Isn't that what the sticky 'experiences' threads are for?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Irishash
I emailed and had Dec23 and 25,000 choice award credited within 24hours after noticing same a few days ago. Email response appeared to suggest a known issue.
Originally Posted by greggrant
I've just had an email confirming that I should have been re-qualified until 31/12/23 and now have been. No apology despite being told twice that I was wrong. So, please persevere - you'll get there in the end!
Can I ask what email you used to address this issue?

I requalified for Spire on April 9th with >55k points. Received 25k points Spire benefit. Was switched over to Diamond status but just noticed that expiration is still showing as 12/31/22. I called Diamond hotline twice but it was useless. First person kept telling me that I was wrong and that 2022 expiration was correct. Second person (after several attempts at explaining the situation) finally apologized and told me that I was correct and that I should show expiration of 2/28/23 (which is also wrong).

I don't have the energy to call again and would rather send an email but only option I can find is the "missing points" submittal forrm.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
have anyone been able to select annual lounge pass and access any lounge?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Before getting too excited about suite upgrades I fear that they will be to a junior suite in more upmarket hotels and in an HI with one suite only you might need the moon to be in the right phase
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If I get the breakfast benefit without argument (and no funny exclusions of items) and maybe an actually decent room that is not just on a higher floor only, but then facing a wall or busy road or kitchen exhaust vents - I'm already content and would consider that a success.
Engineering Travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.