Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG® and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I just renewed Amb, using the 200USD option, and immediately after my phone app says my spire élite membership is good till 31DEC2023. I have not had any stays this year nor do I have any nights carried over from 2021. Hope it means I will have diamond for the entire year of 2023.
Thanks for the data point, and congrats. I have the same scenario you did, but my Spire Elite membership shows expire Feb 1, 2023. Not sure what to make of the discrepency. This is on an Android app.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by DaveH
Thanks for the data point, and congrats. I have the same scenario you did, but my Spire Elite membership shows expire Feb 1, 2023. Not sure what to make of the discrepency. This is on an Android app.
Was your prior expiration 12/31/22? Feb. 1 is a weird expiration date, as it fits neither the old nor new programs, and 2/1/23 isn't much of an extension from 12/31/22 (both of which I'm sure you know).
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by js1993
Was your prior expiration 12/31/22? Feb. 1 is a weird expiration date, as it fits neither the old nor new programs, and 2/1/23 isn't much of an extension from 12/31/22 (both of which I'm sure you know).
My apologies, I didn't dig around thoroughly enough.

The in-app "Ambassador membership card", with a silver backdrop, says 2/1/23, for "Spire Elite." But come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's just 12 months after my last Ambassador membership expired.

If I click on the area that says "2022 Track to Elite Status" in the android app, then it pulls up an "Earnings Summary" page. At the bottom, in a red box, is "You are Spire Elite", with an expiry of 12/31/23.

So, it looks like my date was extended just like ernestnywang's was after all--confirming his data point.
ernestnywang and js1993 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Another data point: Just renewed Ambassador with 40K points. Ambassador now expires 3/1/2023. Spire Elite expires 12/31/2023.
ernestnywang and ARR72 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Does Ambassador expire exactly one year from subscription date or always on the 1st of a month? Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
Does anyone have any DPs if using the Ambassador BOGO certificate will trigger the 20,000 bonus points offer for staying 2 nights?
The fine print says, "To qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points, each of the two nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night."

The BOGO cert excludes "Resort, Destination, or Amenity fees" so the way I'm reading it is a stay at a property where you are charged a $30+ resort fee on the free night should count. I haven't tried it myself yet.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:01 pm

Looking for DPs if using the Ambassador BOGO certificate will trigger the 20,000 bonus points offer for staying 2 nights...
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Do the two nights have to be part of the same stay, or can they be different ones?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Mordac
Do the two nights have to be part of the same stay, or can they be different ones?
Can be different ones
Mordac likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I tried renewing online and received an error to Call Customer Care. I called their customer care and I enrolled but she said there are no more cards or Vouchers sent out. You will get a digital voucher only. She said no voucher is sent out.
So where do I see my digital voucher?
By the way she gave me 20, 000 points in my account.

=I am confused, I thought you get the 20, 000 points after a 2 night stay.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok I figured it out, Voucher available online.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
By the way she gave me 20, 000 points in my account.

=I am confused, I thought you get the 20, 000 points after a 2 night stay.
You are supposed to get 15000 points for renewal (if by credit card) and another 20000 points if you completed the 2 nights needed for this promo. If you got 20000 points just for renewal, maybe the agent was nice and gave you extra.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
You are supposed to get 15000 points for renewal (if by credit card) and another 20000 points if you completed the 2 nights needed for this promo. If you got 20000 points just for renewal, maybe the agent was nice and gave you extra.

Agreed, but I received 20000 for joining. Im not complaining.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by chengchl
Looking for DPs if using the Ambassador BOGO certificate will trigger the 20,000 bonus points offer for staying 2 nights...
Loyalty Lobby said in his March 6 blog that it should post as 2 nights, and if it doesn't it can be fixed.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
Loyalty Lobby said in his March 6 blog that it should post as 2 nights, and if it doesn't it can be fixed.
thank you my friend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.