Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHGs sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Old May 2, 2022, 9:30 pm

Has anyone had a problem getting the 20,000 points for a two-night stay, per the Ambassador renewal promotion mentioned upthread? I renewed my membership (got 15K for renewing) and completed a two-night stay in early March but haven't seen the bonus points. The T&C says to allow 4-6 weeks for points to post but it has been longer than that for me.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:10 am

@LAXGUY: For me the points credited automatically and immediately together with the 2-night stay. I suggest submitting a claim online through the feedback form.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
After a recent stay at an IC (Ambassador membership lapsed in 2021), I received an email offering me 10,000 point bonus for rejoining the Ambassador scheme. However, when I click the link to the signup page it doesn't accept the payment, regardless of which CC I use.

I took this as a hint that paying another $200 for AMB just wasn't worth it.
336 likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:47 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Im within my 90 day window to renew Ambassador. I dont seem to see any current promotions beyond the renew for $200, receive 15,000 points. Is a better renewal promotion likely to appear between now and August 1?
Old May 7, 2022, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There maybe there maybe not a promo but since there isn’t a rush for you to renew I’d wait until much closer to your actual renewal date.
Markie and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
Has anyone had a problem getting the 20,000 points for a two-night stay, per the Ambassador renewal promotion mentioned upthread? I renewed my membership (got 15K for renewing) and completed a two-night stay in early March but haven't seen the bonus points. The T&C says to allow 4-6 weeks for points to post but it has been longer than that for me.
I joined AMB under the 20k promo and my points have not posted.

Joined about 6 weeks ago, immediately did a 2-night Kimpton stay (normal revenue rate), the stay posted fine, my ambassador membership and platinum status look fine, but the 20k bonus never arrived.

Is there an Ambassador service email that is best to contact? Some other method? Reading other threads here it sounds like attempts to contact general support go unanswered.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Just call the customer service number.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pinniped
I joined AMB under the 20k promo and my points have not posted.

Joined about 6 weeks ago, immediately did a 2-night Kimpton stay (normal revenue rate), the stay posted fine, my ambassador membership and platinum status look fine, but the 20k bonus never arrived.

Is there an Ambassador service email that is best to contact? Some other method? Reading other threads here it sounds like attempts to contact general support go unanswered.
I used [email protected] and they were generally quick to respond (certainly in comparison to the generic IHG rewards support)
pinniped likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I used [email protected] and they were generally quick to respond (certainly in comparison to the generic IHG rewards support)
Thank you, I will give it a shot.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 2:54 am

Is there currently any ambassador renewal promo?

Bonus points if you complete at least 2 nights within a certain time period?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 336
Is there currently any ambassador renewal promo?

Bonus points if you complete at least 2 nights within a certain time period?
Exactly that. Article 46 or 47 of the AMB T&Cs IIRC, also can check your offers. I have one for AMB renewal in there.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:09 am

Great. Thanks. Those T&C exactly address my question.

I'm currently an AMB until end of February 2023.
I would like to renew now to benefit from the promo, but can't find the option online.
How do I renew?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by 336
Great. Thanks. Those T&C exactly address my question.

I'm currently an AMB until end of February 2023.
I would like to renew now to benefit from the promo, but can't find the option online.
How do I renew?
I believe you can only renew within 3 months of the expiry date of your current membership, so from the beginning of December in your case. When you can renew there will be a link on the website/app.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:18 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I am trying to renew by either a) clicking on the link from the renewal email offer I got or b) clicking the renew link on my account page on IHG.com and both send me on this infinite loop where the website just goes on loading screens forever. Cleared cookies, not going to install another browser (I use Firefox which works on all other websites properly) just to renew Ambassador.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I often have issues with Firefox and the IHG website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.