Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG® and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Thanks, so based on your data points about 9 days after the processing date.
I’ll expect it to hit Thursday/ Friday.
Transaction reappeared and posted as billed this morning.
So processed 25th, billed 1st August, 7 days later.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Same, but is just a marketing attempt without any bonus. Why bother to join so early if you're just enrolling to extend diamond instead of during a promo or at a intercontinental hotel and exchange for some more benefits?
How early I do it has no effect on the length of the Diamond extension as far as I can tell -- they give you an extra calendar year. As noted, I plan to have an IC stay in mid Oct, and I intend to use the free weekend night as part of it. And I didn't want to wait too late to book for fear of rates going up.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:44 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
How early I do it has no effect on the length of the Diamond extension as far as I can tell -- they give you an extra calendar year. As noted, I plan to have an IC stay in mid Oct, and I intend to use the free weekend night as part of it. And I didn't want to wait too late to book for fear of rates going up.
I heard one can approach sales at IC to purchase Ambassador using 200USD and Quid Pro Quo get something at the property such as better upgrade
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
You can book the AMB weekend rate without actually having the voucher in your account. What matters is that you have it in there when you check in..
SpammersAreScum likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:13 pm

When renewing the ambassador program at an IC hotel, is the offer essentially the same(15K points) or are there more or fewer benefits?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by IntTraveller
When renewing the ambassador program at an IC hotel, is the offer essentially the same(15K points) or are there more or fewer benefits?
It gives you an opportunity to negotiate a better upgrade / club / ... fot that stay but otherwise it's the same.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 9:08 am

So reddit and OMAAT are reporting the renewal to extend Diamond status has been nerfed. I totally missed that. Any recent DPs? Say it isn't so...

NVM: seems all the DPs support that this loophole has closed.

Last edited by Six Travelers; Oct 3, 2023 at 9:20 am Reason: reviewed DPs in other threads
Old Nov 1, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
When applying for AMB for the first time, am I eligible to receive the 15K bonus points, or is that for renewals only?
Old Nov 1, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I can see renew ambassador only on browser not showing in the app with a 15k bonus if paid cash. So i guess they are only offering the 15k bonus for renewals
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Unless there is some special promotion (there hasn't been for a while), only renewal comes with the 15k bonus points.

New sign ups have usually been without any bonus points.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by demue; Nov 3, 2023 at 1:04 am
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
That's actually not bad - I may renew my AMB. At $200, it's like buying 15,000 points at 1.33 cents per. Assuming in the next year I can redeem for 1 cent per and with the 10% rebate from the IHG Select card will really be getting 1.1 cents in value. That means I'd be paying ~$40 for all the Ambassador benefits for one year. Not a bad deal, assuming I have some upcoming IC stays.

How long after or prior to your Ambassador expiry do you have to renew (and receive the 15,000 points)? That is, can I let it expire and still "renew" 30 days later and have it still count as a renewal? Or do I have to renew immediately prior to expiry?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
That's actually not bad - I may renew my AMB. At $200, it's like buying 15,000 points at 1.33 cents per. Assuming in the next year I can redeem for 1 cent per and with the 10% rebate from the IHG Select card will really be getting 1.1 cents in value. That means I'd be paying ~$40 for all the Ambassador benefits for one year. Not a bad deal, assuming I have some upcoming IC stays.

How long after or prior to your Ambassador expiry do you have to renew (and receive the 15,000 points)? That is, can I let it expire and still "renew" 30 days later and have it still count as a renewal? Or do I have to renew immediately prior to expiry?
AFAIK, you can renew from around 90 days prior to expiry up to the day of expiry, but not beyond. After it lapses, usually, it has been considered a new sign up.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:30 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist

I think a better way of looking at it is you’re getting 15,000 points which is worth $75. So you are really spending $125 for Ambassador.
DaveH, margarita girl and LHG like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ymx
I think a better way of looking at it is you’re getting 15,000 points which is worth $75. So you are really spending $125 for Ambassador.
I value IHG points much higher than that... so for me it'd be more like spending ~$50 for Ambassador.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I value IHG points much higher than that...
Why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.