Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHGs sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:10 am

FWIW, in April 2022 my extension of both the status and the certficate took place simultaneously in less that 24 hours from contactng the Ambassador Customer Service Team. The support the agent offered was exemplary.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:44 am
cvr

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum & Priority Club Platinum
Question regarding renewal, on my dashboard it says "renew by Feb 1" as a clickable link. When I click this link I end up at a blanc IHG amb page with nothing to fill in. Is it too early or is something wrong?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Glad I read this thread - didn't know about the extensions. I was able to extend AMB by 2 months which is great because we have an IC stay booked checking in on last day of AMB validity (pre-extension). Furthermore, the stay was booked with the free weekend night certificate. I had to email again after they extended the AMB status, as the certificate did not show an updated expiration date. They replied the certificate is not normally extended, but as a one-time courtesy, they extended it for us.
DaveH and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Im due to renew Jan 1. I believe when joined last year there was a promo running where it was only a net of 20000 points. Do they offer promos for renewing very often? I have a stay in January at IC Cancun and would like to use the certificate to look at NYC in April. I will wait a few more days but was curious if promos are a regular thing.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Mine expires tomorrow and despite a couple of reminer emails I've not had any offers to renew.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by kklems
Im due to renew Jan 1. I believe when joined last year there was a promo running where it was only a net of 20000 points. Do they offer promos for renewing very often? I have a stay in January at IC Cancun and would like to use the certificate to look at NYC in April. I will wait a few more days but was curious if promos are a regular thing.
15,000 points if you renew for $200.

That makes the net cost about $125 and of course you get a free weekend night.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Hyatt
Do you still get an extra year of your IHG status if you renew ambassador?
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by turtle777
Do you still get an extra year of your IHG status if you renew ambassador?
No.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I just renewed ambassador at IC Yokohama grand yesterday. With 200 USD. The weekend cert posts, how long will it take for the 15k points to post?

Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by pbd456
I just renewed ambassador at IC Yokohama grand yesterday. With 200 USD. The weekend cert posts, how long will it take for the 15k points to post?

Thanks.
When doing it online it is immediately, at least that has been my experience, but I guess if you do it at a hotel it may take longer.
pbd456 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I contacted ambassador via email. They reply very quickly saying that 15k points was posted to my account buy the app has a big and it displayed a 0 points instead and I would be able to see 15k had I logon from a desktop or laptop. I have yet to verify to claim.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
I contacted ambassador via email. They reply very quickly saying that 15k points was posted to my account buy the app has a big and it displayed a 0 points instead and I would be able to see 15k had I logon from a desktop or laptop. I have yet to verify to claim.
I had this last year. It was correct - the points had actually been added but it didnt show in the activity. I only really could tell by double checking what my balances had been previously.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:05 am

Got an email to extend amb membership before newyear for usd 200 to receive 15.000 points.

If I don't extend and just buy new ambassador membership in Jan or Feb the 15.000 points won't be included?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daruda
If I don't extend and just buy new ambassador membership in Jan or Feb the 15.000 points won't be included?
Correct. The bonus is for renewing only.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Can I see my actual ambassador expiration date online or in an app? IHG app indicates I can renew ambassador before Feb 1, 2024 but I believe I first purchased it late December 2022.

Last edited by fmkgb; Dec 25, 2023 at 9:40 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.