Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:08 pm

So if one only has the personal IHG card are they eligible for the business card sign up bonus?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
It's not utterly clear, is it?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tanic
The $25 is already in my UA Travelbank. Took one day.

Does the $25 get forfeited or rollover if not used in 6 months?
Mine was added in less than 24hrs.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
The IHG IT fiasco regarding even signing up for the United travel bank doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

Has IHG even acknowledged the failure?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Same here, does not work in chrome, firefox, or edge.
Same here.

I tried getting help via chat. The first agent dropped the connection. The second gave me a number at IHG to call. That agent gave me a number at Chase to call. That agent gave me a number at United to call. That agent gave me the number at IHG to call.

I then tried emailing Customer Care. I got a very friendly reply saying that they couldn't help me without my United Club Infinite card number (which has nothing at all to do with this offer) and giving me a URL to sign up for Platinum status based on having the United Club card.

This whole promotion is a case study in how not to build customer loyalty.
dw and happychic like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:13 pm

why not just wait a few weeks? you got a burning itch to save that $25?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Colin
why not just wait a few weeks? you got a burning itch to save that $25?
Apparently for some people, not getting $25 to spend on United immediately is a way to destroy loyalty to their chosen hotel brand? Who knew?
Since many folks are able to get it no problem, it seems likely there is a reason some people's accounts aren't working--likely a mismatch issue. With three institutions involved- IHG, United, and Chase- it's complicated and some grace might be merited.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Can confirm that it's not working for me either. It just circles me back to the "sign-in" page, even though I'm logged in.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
So if one only has the personal IHG card are they eligible for the business card sign up bonus?
came here with the same question. I have the old select card since 2013, didn’t apply for Premier recently and am pretty sure I can’t ever get the premier while holding select. Not clear on whether I could get the new business card or not.
IAD-SFO-TPE likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by terpfan101
came here with the same question. I have the old select card since 2013, didn’t apply for Premier recently and am pretty sure I can’t ever get the premier while holding select. Not clear on whether I could get the new business card or not.
I had the Select for a few years and was still able to get the Premier. Neither is a business card. I think select is $49 and Premier $89, soon to be $99. Both give me a free anniversary night, though at $99 it is not far from what an ANA Crown room might cost. These new perks that include adding points to get an IC room will probably convince me to keep the Premier though.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Apparently for some people, not getting $25 to spend on United immediately is a way to destroy loyalty to their chosen hotel brand? Who knew?
Since many folks are able to get it no problem, it seems likely there is a reason some people's accounts aren't working--likely a mismatch issue. With three institutions involved- IHG, United, and Chase- it's complicated and some grace might be merited.
LOL. You are assuming that this is the only issue with the roll out of the "new" program which is a false assumption. Their messaging throughout this whole process has been terrible. By the time they figure out what the program will be for this year and get everything functioning, we will be well into 2022. If they are not ready on the back end or at the hotels, then scrap the changes, take the rest of the year to figure it out, and launch in late 2022 with an effective date of 1 Jan 2023.

Until they figure things out, they have successfully convinced me not to give them any more of my money.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
LOL. You are assuming that this is the only issue with the roll out of the "new" program which is a false assumption. Their messaging throughout this whole process has been terrible. By the time they figure out what the program will be for this year and get everything functioning, we will be well into 2022. If they are not ready on the back end or at the hotels, then scrap the changes, take the rest of the year to figure it out, and launch in late 2022 with an effective date of 1 Jan 2023.

Until they figure things out, they have successfully convinced me not to give them any more of my money.
This is a thread about a Chase Credit Card.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:44 am

I've now spent a couple of hours analyzing and fortunately have both a Select & Premier cert for testing. In summary, this is working exactly as described by IHG. Select certs cannot be topped off and they use rate preference Chase Reward Night. Premier certs can be topped off and they use rate preference Anniversary Free Night Flex. The top off points are correctly withdrawn upon booking, as well as refunded upon cancellation (along with the Premier cert).
Another wrinkle. Chase/IHG now have created a third kind of 40K free night cert:

1) Chase Reward Night earned upon anniversary via Chase IHG Select - not eligible for top-off
2) Anniversary Free Night Flex earned upon anninversary via Chase IHG Premier - eligible for top-off
3) New Credit Card Reward Night earned upon sign-up for Chase IHG Premier - not-eligible for top-off

This #3 type is what Chase/IHG have been offering for the past several months as part of the new Chase IHG Premier card sign-up bonus (125K points plus 1 free night cert). This offer appears to no longer be currently available and the sign-up bonus for new Chase IHG Premier cards is 140K points (points only). Surprised Chase/IHG decided to add this level of complexity in that only the anniversary Premier card certs get the top-off option.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:35 pm

Another wrinkle. Chase/IHG now have created a third kind of 40K free night cert:

1) Chase Reward Night earned upon anniversary via Chase IHG Select - not eligible for top-off
2) Anniversary Free Night Flex earned upon anninversary via Chase IHG Premier - eligible for top-off
3) New Credit Card Reward Night earned upon sign-up for Chase IHG Premier - not-eligible for top-off

This #3 type is what Chase/IHG have been offering for the past several months as part of the new Chase IHG Premier card sign-up bonus (125K points plus 1 free night cert). This offer appears to no longer be currently available and the sign-up bonus for new Chase IHG Premier cards is 140K points (points only). Surprised Chase/IHG decided to add this level of complexity in that only the anniversary Premier card certs get the top-off option.
On the IHG website it says I have these two to use:

Select IHG Rewards Credit Card Anniversary Night (clicking through it give me the rate: Chase Anniversary Night FREE)
IHG Rewards Premier Card Annual Flex Night (when booking: IHG Rewards Premier Card Annual Flex Night *)

I am happy to see today that Osaka IC is now an option. It wasn't a few days ago. Prices seem to be VERY dynamic, requiring 4,000 to 17,000 extra.

For tonight:
Chase Anniversary Night
15000 points
+ 4000 points
Nightly Rate

For tomorrow night:
Chase Anniversary Night
+22,000 points
+9,600 points

Friday night:
Chase Anniversary Night
+32,000 points
+17,600 points
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
So it appears that business is available to anyone (as new product) but personal only to those without any recent personal. Or perhaps I need another coffee...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.