Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I got the Kimpton promo too. I suspect it's not overly targeted.
Probably US accounts only. Only 1 Kimpton here in Europe...

Silly to attach it to Accelerate though as it will raise confusion about X targets out of Y for the bonus, etc.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Silly to attach it to Accelerate though as it will raise confusion about X targets out of Y for the bonus, etc.

Nope, I got it, not a US account.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Hot off the presses with this IHG email. Does not​​​​ show on my Accelerate dashboard now ...

IHG® Rewards Club and Accelerate just got even better! With Kimpton® Hotels in the family, you now have another exciting, one-of-a-kind way to stay and earn points.

To celebrate, you can earn additional bonus points when you enjoy the boutique luxury experience of a Kimpton hotel. As part of Accelerate, you'll receive 10,000 bonus points with your next Kimpton stay anytime from now until April 30th. That's on top of the 52,700 points (my maximum) you can already earn with Accelerate.
I got this as well, but it also doesn't appear on my dashboard. What is the probability that these points actually post correctly without manual intervention?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Received as well, starts Feb 1. The irony of it is that my Kimpton stay from 3 weeks ago has not posted to Accelerate. The other IHG stays posted within days .
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one whose Kimpton activity from several weeks ago hasn't posted to Accelerate. I doubt I'll be getting the January stay credit since that has now disappeared from my dashboard. I've never done a "manual intervention" and I'm not clear exactly how they work but I'm holding out a bit of hope for an automatic resolution.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Haven’t had time to read right through this thread yet, but I received 1,000 points for the Spend Points task in my Accelerate profile. I made three bookings in the recent Pointbreaks promotion for the month of March. Since these stays have not yet been consumed I was surprised to receive the Accelerate points already. I suppose if I cancel the stays, which is possible, IHG will take the points away. Any anecdotal evidence of this happening?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by craigthemif

I inferred that it is a supplemental component, similar to the January stay bonus, rather than an integral one towards the completion bonus.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Nope, I got it, not a US account.
Same here
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:58 am

So the Kimtpon deal, I saw online that " This bonus will NOT count towards your Accelerate “achievement bonus”"

If one of my accelerate offers was to book a night on the mobile app, if I book a Kimpton that route, will that count towards that offer?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Good question - I would try it as the app should recognize the stay as qualifying re: 10K.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Haven’t had time to read right through this thread yet, but I received 1,000 points for the Spend Points task in my Accelerate profile. I made three bookings in the recent Pointbreaks promotion for the month of March. Since these stays have not yet been consumed I was surprised to receive the Accelerate points already. I suppose if I cancel the stays, which is possible, IHG will take the points away. Any anecdotal evidence of this happening?
In the same circumstances they have never taken the points off me...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by bearsball88
So the Kimtpon deal, I saw online that " This bonus will NOT count towards your Accelerate “achievement bonus”"

If one of my accelerate offers was to book a night on the mobile app, if I book a Kimpton that route, will that count towards that offer?
I can't answer that definitively, but I know Kimpton is listed as one of the brands that will trigger my "stay 13 nights" task so by extension it would seem that a Kimpton stay would also complete other tasks.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
I’ve never been able to participate in Accelerate but now I have the opportunity. Since I’m a newbie to this promotion I am confused about if the offers are ‘stackable’ though. If I complete three of these with a one night stay will I get the bonus points for EACH offer. AND get the Achievement Bonus as well?

2,000-Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points

6,600- Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s)

1,500- Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

19,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 19,900 bonus points.

Plus I got an email offer for "Stay just once in the next 3 months and you’ll get 6,000 bonus points.”

This would be a sweet 36,000 points for an inexpensive Holiday Inn stay if I can stack all these offers.
Is that possible???
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Dumb question, but do points and cash stays count as qualifying nights towards my "stay 11 nights" in accelerate? Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TxTrav
I’ve never been able to participate in Accelerate but now I have the opportunity. Since I’m a newbie to this promotion I am confused about if the offers are ‘stackable’ though. If I complete three of these with a one night stay will I get the bonus points for EACH offer. AND get the Achievement Bonus as well?

2,000-Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points

6,600- Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s)

1,500- Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

19,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 19,900 bonus points.

Plus I got an email offer for "Stay just once in the next 3 months and you’ll get 6,000 bonus points.”

This would be a sweet 36,000 points for an inexpensive Holiday Inn stay if I can stack all these offers.
Is that possible???
Yes they are stackable... Enjoy
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Dumb question, but do points and cash stays count as qualifying nights towards my "stay 11 nights" in accelerate? Thanks.
No, those are award stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.