Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:04 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Let me re-word that: If you have a Stay X Nights offer, does the Kimpton stay appear as being accounted for as one of those?
On my dashboard, the Kimpton stays do not appear on the itemized list of stays under that task.

Curious if it’s showing up for anyone else?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, my Kimpton stay that received the 10K appeared on my dashboard as one of my required 7 nights completed.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Yes, my Kimpton stay that received the 10K appeared on my dashboard as one of my required 7 nights completed.
How long did the 10000 take to show on your account? I am waiting for mine. Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:19 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Like many others here , my Q1 Accelerate Tasks have not updated since my January Stays. All three stays since then then have posted to my IHG account correctly, but not to my Accelerate tasks.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by travelerp
How long did the 10000 take to show on your account? I am waiting for mine. Thanks.
I want to say four days after checkout? Something like that as I was shocked to see those points! I suspect they were added when the stay was recognized for my Stay 7 Nights accelerate component.

The line item read as: Kimpton Bonus Offer
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:58 pm

With apologies if this question has been asked and answered (searched in this thread but didn't see it):

I just finished a multi-night stay at an intercontinental, where I booked using Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (for the extra upgrade potential). My accelerate dashboard hasn't updated at all (we checked out last Monday, so only one week ago). But I'm wondering...

Does anyone have any guidance on whether an Amex FHR stay is a qualifying stay? We did not prepay or anything like that, and the points for the stay itself have posted to my account correctly (19300 base points, 9650 points for platinum status from card).

From the accelerate terms, "“Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion."
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, if you received the stay and elite points, it most certainly is qualifying.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Well, I really thought I'd be giving this one a pass, but an unexpected weekend in Italy has showed up, and I figured I'd check the offers once again.
Not the cheapest option, and cost to earn will probably end up worse than last quarter, but since I found out I can again fulfill 3 tasks plus the bonus with a single weekend trip, I took it.
Wish Rome had a better selection though.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

Yes, if you received the stay and elite points, it most certainly is qualifying.
Thanks!

(And as an update, of course the tracker refreshed this afternoon and now shows the proper credit.)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Similarly I was able to see the offer only when not logged into my account. Once logged in, even if using the link, I was immediately shunted past the page into my Accelerate tasks page.
Don't know if this is helpful to people but whether you see the Kimpton offer or not may depend on which browser you are using. May depend on browser settings but for me in Firefox, the Kimpton offer appears but as my Accelerate options load the Kimpton message disappears, as per the above description. In Microsoft Edge, the Kimpton offer stays visible even after the Accelerate status has loaded whether I am logged in or not. Trick for Firefox users that works for me is watch for the Kimpton offer to appear then immediately click on the cross next to the web address to stop the page completing loading. Then you can read the offer and click on the T&Cs link. However, this is not really necessary as all the details are correctly given in this forum.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:44 pm

Hi -

So I got an email about fulfilling my Kimpton offer, but it has NEVER appeared on my Dashboard. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 10K points Kimpton offer does not appear as a specific dashboard component.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Since Monday, my Dashboard shows another two tasks as completed. However, my points balance hasn't been updated yet. That's like four days. Normal or not?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:13 am

The dashboard was updated a few days ago and "Earn More, Faster" shows as completed
Yesterday I also got an e-mail confirming that it's been completed
"6,600 bonus points are now all yours"

However, I didn't get those points instead "2,200 points for Travel with the IHG® App" has been posted
for this task however the dashboard has not been updated and it still says that only 50% is completed.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1flyer
Since Monday, my Dashboard shows another two tasks as completed. However, my points balance hasn't been updated yet. That's like four days. Normal or not?
Very normal.

It'll be still be normal if it's not there tomorrow. Stop checking daily and start checking weekly.
vsevolod4 and 1flyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.