Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
I got this offer

Earn more at intercontinental
Stay 2 nights at any InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 4,200 bonus points

Stay once get 2000
I already stayed 1 night in January at Intercontinental and "Stay once get 2000" is update correctly but this offer is not updated.

I already stayed 1 night in January at Intercontinental and "2000 promotion" is update correctly but Stay 2 nights offer is not updated.

Is it need 2 consecutive nights at intercontinental to complete this offer ??
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by nongsom
I got this offer

Earn more at intercontinental
Stay 2 nights at any InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 4,200 bonus points

Stay once get 2000
I already stayed 1 night in January at Intercontinental and "Stay once get 2000" is update correctly but this offer is not updated.

I already stayed 1 night in January at Intercontinental and "2000 promotion" is update correctly but Stay 2 nights offer is not updated.

At a quick glance I’d say going by the wording it’s one two night stay.

What do the actual terms and conditions say for the offer? They may be a bit clearer.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by chrism20

At a quick glance I’d say going by the wording it’s one two night stay.

What do the actual terms and conditions say for the offer? They may be a bit clearer.
Thank you chrism20
This is Full T&C of this offer

Stay 2 nights at any InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 4,200 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Nights at any InterContinental® hotels in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa have been consumed by the member between 1 January 2017 and 30 April 2017 (both dates inclusive).This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:59 am

Thank you chrism20
This is Full T&C of this offer

Stay 2 nights at any InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 4,200 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Nights at any InterContinental® hotels in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa have been consumed by the member between 1 January 2017 and 30 April 2017 (both dates inclusive).This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Working with those T&Cs I’d probably be expecting the task to be showing 50%. There is nothing there saying it needs to be two nights together or two nights on the one reservation.

If it’s been three weeks I’d probably message them and query it and see what they say. If they come back and say it needs to be one stay of two nights ask them where it details this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Out of interest, which Intercontinental was it? There's a couple missing from the participating hotels list
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrism20

They seem to have got their act together with the CC task this time. Several reports of others having posted and my dashboard updated exactly a week after the CC points went onto my IHG account.

Progress
It took a while but my bonus for using the IHG CC for a HIX stay on Jan 1 just posted
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It took a while but my bonus for using the IHG CC for a HIX stay on Jan 1 just posted
Same for me
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Same for me
Good to hear.

The speed at which things are tracking and posting seems to have significantly improved across the board which is definitely an improvement on previous promotions.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Honestly, if paying myself (not work) I would pass on those.
1flyer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

Honestly, if paying myself (not work) I would pass on those.
I agree. The completion bonus of 15k isn’t enough motivation to go out of your way to complete those tasks considering the additional expense.

This is a trend with these promotions now. The completion bonus seems to be getting lower and lower (for me anyway) so there is little motivation to put in much effort.
1flyer likes this.

Last edited by chrism20; Feb 4, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Same for me
And for me
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hot off the presses with this IHG email. Does not​​​​ show on my Accelerate dashboard now ...

IHG® Rewards Club and Accelerate just got even better! With Kimpton® Hotels in the family, you now have another exciting, one-of-a-kind way to stay and earn points.

To celebrate, you can earn additional bonus points when you enjoy the boutique luxury experience of a Kimpton hotel. As part of Accelerate, you'll receive 10,000 bonus points with your next Kimpton stay anytime from now until April 30th. That's on top of the 52,700 points (my maximum) you can already earn with Accelerate.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I got the Kimpton promo too. I suspect it's not overly targeted.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I got the Kimpton promo too. I suspect it's not overly targeted.
Received as well, starts Feb 1. The irony of it is that my Kimpton stay from 3 weeks ago has not posted to Accelerate. The other IHG stays posted within days .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.