Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by chongcao
My residence is in UK. I had the Your Rate Bonus Points Package task. As usual I did not take notice and thought anywhere is OK. But upon check the terms and conditions today I notice only Your Raw Bonus Points in Asia Pacific excluding Greater China, Middleeast and Africa qualifies. Er......irretated but will have to give up on this one I think. Just a word of warning that do check the specific terms and conditions in case you are caught off guard.
How interesting. I see mine says that as well. Looking back at the Q4 2017 accelerate, I had the same offer with the same terms - yet both my bonus point package stays were in the UK or Europe and they posted successfully so I don't know what the bit about Aisa Pacific excluding China etc. is for !!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
What about check-in Apr-30, check-out May-1st. Does it count for the Accelerate?
I believe from previous threads it has done in the past - and could also count as a night for the next accelerate if it starts on 1st May !
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:44 pm

Thinking of giving it a miss this quarter. This is similar to last Q, and I did everything except the 12 nights. So they've dropped it to 10 but it's not really worth it for the points.. Might just get the stay once for bonus points, and points for using IHG card ! (Which I assume has to be booked after 1st January unless it's the flexible rate that is only taken from the card at check-in.

Cheers
TT

----

2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000 bonus points

Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

20,000 Stay More, Earn More

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 10 night(s) and earn 20,000 bonus points.

10,400 Stay at Holiday Inn Express®

Stay at 5 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 10,400 bonus points.

8,800 Saturday Stays Bonus

Stay 4 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,800 bonus points.

4,000 Stay a Little Longer

Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.

2,800 Your Rate Bonus Points Package

Earn 2,800 bonus point(s) when you book and complete 2 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s).

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card

Book and pay for one stay at any IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points. and conditions apply.

15,000 Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 15,000 bonus points.

2,000 January Bonus Offer

Stay once in January and get 2,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
How interesting. I see mine says that as well. Looking back at the Q4 2017 accelerate, I had the same offer with the same terms - yet both my bonus point package stays were in the UK or Europe and they posted successfully so I don't know what the bit about Aisa Pacific excluding China etc. is for !!
- My offer for Q2 2017: 2 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 2,800 points. After 2 of them I got the points.
- My offer for Q3 2017: 4 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 6,600 points. After 5 packages only 3 of them posted, so I wrote to IHG Customer Service. First they confirmed all of them should have counted, and asked me to wait 4-6 weeks. But when I re-contacted them later, they told me about the Asia terms. The 3 packages that posted and the previous 2 in Q2 were in Europe and SouthAmerica, so I wonder if they realised about the terms too late.
- My offer for Q1 2018: 4 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 4,400 points. Considering I won't be staying anywhere in Asia, I guess I'll only book the packages if I need some extra qualifying points...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by josmon10
- My offer for Q2 2017: 2 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 2,800 points. After 2 of them I got the points.
- My offer for Q3 2017: 4 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 6,600 points. After 5 packages only 3 of them posted, so I wrote to IHG Customer Service. First they confirmed all of them should have counted, and asked me to wait 4-6 weeks. But when I re-contacted them later, they told me about the Asia terms. The 3 packages that posted and the previous 2 in Q2 were in Europe and SouthAmerica, so I wonder if they realised about the terms too late.
- My offer for Q1 2018: 4 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stays and get 4,400 points. Considering I won't be staying anywhere in Asia, I guess I'll only book the packages if I need some extra qualifying points...
I think you are over-thinking this.

I'm reasonably certain it's an error with the hyperlinking to the terms and/or (more likely) an error in the terms themselves - IHG Customer Services make it up as they go along so I wouldn't follow anything they say. Some employee has made an error, not been proof-read and now IHG Customer Services see the term and quote it as soon as something goes wrong; as they know no better with what must be -very- limited training / make it up as you go along.

In fact, most of us here will have the term. I certainly do have the same term for Q3 2017 and have never left Europe. All bonus point packages have tracked successfully & Accelerate paid out accordingly. Accelerate is notoriously slow anyway to update - I'm still waiting for a stay from 14th December for a different task.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Similar to all of 2017's Accelerates:

2000 Stay Once
5600 Stay at 2 Holiday Inns
12000 Explore with Confidence (stay anywhere except N/S America)
1500 Pay with CC
1000 Redeem points
10000 Stay 5 nights - I get this one every round and have never completed it.

5 of 6 earn 11,000 pts

2000 January Stay

In sum, 1 night at each of 2 different HI properties nets 35,100 pts at a cost of $160. And the first stay, on Jan 1, will trigger $50 back from Priceless Experiences.

2017 Accelerate totals were 7 nights for >100K pts at <$450 spend.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Used to receive email a month prior to the new award but never received once this time!!!! And I've already booked some of the rooms under IDAVP!!! Arghhhh. Called IHG they said I could've view on their website or wechat (what the hack is wechat). And that they refused to assist to let me rebook my nights.
anyway here are mine-
Stay once
Stay 7 nights
Book 2 using the IHG app
Stay 2 weekends
Explore country
Above 4/5
January bonus stay once
alltogether 41500 points
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta, IHG
I am trying to complete the task to download and install the IHG app for 500 points. I already had the app installed before signing up for Acclerate so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but have yet to receive credit. Any advice on how to complete it?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Noctilum
I am trying to complete the task to download and install the IHG app for 500 points. I already had the app installed before signing up for Acclerate so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but have yet to receive credit. Any advice on how to complete it?
the first lot of points often takes a couple of weeks to update the dashboard, i'd wait longer, ihg would only quote the 6-8 week timescale if you queried it with them anyway
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Noctilum
I don't have an answer, but I do have the same problem. At the moment, I am thinking of just giving it a few weeks to see if they puck it up at some point.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:19 am

Slightly general question, if I made a pre-paid booking in October to stay in February with my ihg credit card, would I be entitled to the accelerate bonus points for that task in either q3 2017 or q1 2018 or not at all ( as I had the task in both accelerates)?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No, as the T & C on those state "booked and consumed" for each specific quarter.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
No, as the T & C on those state "booked and consumed" for each specific quarter.
It really depends on when the local hotel charges. I often stay at an HIX that doesn't charge the prepay until the date of stay.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Saral
Slightly general question, if I made a pre-paid booking in October to stay in February with my ihg credit card, would I be entitled to the accelerate bonus points for that task in either q3 2017 or q1 2018 or not at all ( as I had the task in both accelerates)?
The first question is did you get bonus points for the task in q3? Has the charge appeared on your cc yet?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
The first question is did you get bonus points for the task in q3? Has the charge appeared on your cc yet?
the charge had appeared on my credit card and no I didn't get points for it in q3

​​​​​Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded when you use your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card to purchase the Qualifying Stay as listed between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018

The t and c's are as above, the dates were just changed for q3

its slightly gray as to whether the purchase or the stay has to be within the dates , as it doesn't say purchase and consume with the dates
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.