Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I could not see the offer yesterday but can today, I suspect they were still running goal calculations.

Total: 62,700
2k stay once
16k Stay eight nights (I've done 8 paid nights so far in Q4, my busiest IHG quarter in a few years)
7.2k Three Holiday Inns
4k stay a weekend (two nights)
4k 4 night single stay - this is likely the hardest goal for me
8k Explore Europe/China
1.5k use IHG CC
13k complete 6 of 7

My known 2018 travel has me in places with acceptable 15k properties so I am going to cherry pick these tasks and burn off some of 2017's earnings..
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thanks for the post on this. I have been meaning to book a hotel for a trip in Marchl, and my account had "1000 if you stay once" so I made the reservation now.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I went through all of my components looking at the specific terms. The ones requiring a weekend stay, and a four-night stay, definitely read "booked and consumed" during the promotional period; CC night and Redeem clearly stated those transactions are to be done in 2018 - no prepay.

Do your booking diligence as always, folks!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
Does anyone know if Senior or Government Rates count as a qualified stay for this promotion?
Generally, yes. What are excluded are:

“Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:11 pm

One of my challenges is to book several corporate rate rooms with the booking completed through our corporate portal. But my company does not have a portal per se and all previous bookings have been done on the regular IHG booking portal. So what is this new corporate portal?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I know the promotion starts January 1st 2018 but is that a reason in 2017 to copyright the T&Cs 2018 already? Also note some tasks require the full transaction (booking/stay) to be undertaken during the promo dates, so check each task's requirements carefully. This applies at least to either point redemptions or Cash & Points bookings/stays.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My offer is simple & awesome:
A. Stay 1 night for 2000
& B. Pay for it with my IHG MasterCard for 1500 points
Then C. Stay a total of 5 nights to earn 10K, plus doing these 3 things earns me my Achievement Bonus of 26,500 = 40K bonus for 5 $–paid nights !
I also have side bonuses of 2K for staying in January and 5K for referring a new member who stays before 4/30/18!
Finally, the last part of my Priceless Moments bonus of 4K for staying 2 nights in Dec./ Jan.!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:09 pm

Unbelievable how they keep rolling out these promotions with such ambiguous language.
MY read is: "Must book bonus package stays equalling to or greater than 6,600 points. If achieved, you will also receive a bonus 6,600"
It's not possible to book ONE stay which earns 6,600 bonus points, so it's confusing when they say "stay(s)."

Why would they have such an odd number anyway" Arn't bonus point packages offered in 1000 point increments? Where would the 600 come from?

The uncertainties around this resulted in my going with Hilton Garden Inn instead. Wise for IHG to tighten this language up before rolling these things out. And/or include examples of how each is earned.

Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 6,600 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of “Bonus Points Package” rate Stays have been booked and consumed by the member between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN® or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide (subject to availability determined by individual hotels).
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 6,600 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies. Subject to Bonus Points Package program Terms and Conditions, which can be obtained by visiting Membership Terms and Conditions on Bonus Packages. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus or cancel a member’s account points if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

© 2018 InterContinental Hotels Group, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346-2121 U.S.A. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and operated.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I'm a Platinum/Ambassador, but rarely stay at IHG properties (SPG is primary, CET/TR is secondary, IHG is tertiary), although I do like them. I always get "easy" accelerate promos.

Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points

Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points.

Spend on Your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

---
Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 14,500 bonus points.

Refer a Friend and Earn
Refer a friend to enroll into IHG Rewards Club, and receive 5,000 bonus points. The referred member must complete their first stay by April 30th.

January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 2,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: Everything
Generally, yes. What are excluded are:

“Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.

Thanks, Swag, I got the same information from IHG Facebook PM so I am feeling confident.

Last edited by HeavenlyJane; Dec 10, 2017 at 6:10 am Reason: Adding quote for context
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:41 am

I'm kind of new to the IHG program and the Accelerate offers and would appreciate some guidance from the experts

Can different offers be satisfied with a single stay ?

I have

2000 Stay once
12000 Explore with Confidence ( 1 stay- Europe, China, Hong Kong, Macau)
1500 Spend on IHG credit card.
2400 Stay for Less and Earn ( cash + points )
12100 Your achievement bonus ( complete 4 of 5 offers)

If I stay one night in Hong Kong on a Cash and points rate and charge it to my IHG CC , do I get the all 19200 pts for this stay .

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
You can stack most offers- if you have 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' and 'weekend stay' then a paid weekend stay at a Holiday Inn Express will satisfy both tasks. There are a few tasks where they will only count for that specific task and not stack with the others- points + cash nights, award nights, buy points, and 'spend points on something other than a stay' are all singletons.

In your case, if you stay one night at a property from the locations list, and pay for it with your IHG card, you satisfy the first three tasks; you need a second stay paid for with points + cash to get the fourth one and trigger the bigger completion bonus.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:53 am

Thanks for the info beachmouse !
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:55 pm

I'm new to accelerate. I have this :
Offer DescriptionStatus500Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to earn, faster.

2,000Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 3 night(s) and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000Your Rate
Stay 2 times using our member exclusive discount, Your Rate, and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 2,000 bonus points.

23,500Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 23,500 bonus points.

I assume this means if I make three bookings: a one night stay at a holiday inn; a one night stay at a holiday inn express and a one night stay at a crowns plaza, I will satisfy all goals?! Seems a great deal if so!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Here are my targets:

2,000 - Stay Once
10,000 - Stay Five Nights
7,200 - Three HIX Hotels
4,000 - Weekend Stay
2,400 - Use Points & Cash
14,400 - Complete 4/5

2,000 - January Bonus (Stay Once)

These points amounts are okay but not great. I'll take what I can get. I don't see these motivating me to stretch, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.