Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by xenole
Don't think a points stay is classed as a qualifying stay although one task is to redeem at least 1000 points. Could blow 25-30k points for a night at the LAX CP to cover this but not sure if it would only count for the redemption and not "stay in 2 countries that aren't your own".
It won't count for the other tasks. However you don't need to redeem for a stay either. A coupon or a digital download should work as well.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm 99% sure bookings made from a corporate site (like Carlson Wagonlit / Concur) are qualified stays, right?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chongcao
My residence is in UK. I had the Your Rate Bonus Points Package task. As usual I did not take notice and thought anywhere is OK. But upon check the terms and conditions today I notice only Your Raw Bonus Points in Asia Pacific excluding Greater China, Middleeast and Africa qualifies. Er......irretated but will have to give up on this one I think. Just a word of warning that do check the specific terms and conditions in case you are caught off guard.
Thanks for the heads up. I have exactly the same task with the same conditions and I don't think I would have noticed it without this. This is a weird limitation for this task given the wording of the task and I have a strong suspicion that it was unintentional and the result of poor cut and paste. Still, it is now in the TandCs and I won't touch it with a bargepole as I have no stays planned in the areas concerned.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:52 am

I’m impressed.

A stay on friday, posts to the account on Monday and to the dashboard on Tuesday.

Thats certainly the quickest I’ve seen. Have IHG finally cracked it?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
This is ridiculous!

Points & Cash stays are not qualified and the CC spending on these P&C stays are not qualified either, even though paid $100++ per night to upgrade - what a racket!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
This is ridiculous!

Points & Cash stays are not qualified and the CC spending on these P&C stays are not qualified either, even though paid $100++ per night to upgrade - what a racket!
Why is it a racket?

Points and cash have always been Rewards nights. You are effectively buying the top up points to reserve a reward night. When you book a P&C night it clearly says Rewards night in the booking engine and will show as zero estimated points indicating it’s not a qualifying rate.

The CC task also clearly states in the T&Cs that the purchase must be a qualifying night - ie a paid night.

Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by chrism20
Why is it a racket?

Points and cash have always been Rewards nights. You are effectively buying the top up points to reserve a reward night. When you book a P&C night it clearly says Rewards night in the booking engine and will show as zero estimated points indicating it’s not a qualifying rate.

The CC task also clearly states in the T&Cs that the purchase must be a qualifying night - ie a paid night.
Aside from Accelerate - How about the $100++ per night for upgrade - no points for this in-hotel for accommodation spend???
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Aside from Accelerate - How about the $100++ per night for upgrade - no points for this in-hotel for accommodation spend???
  1. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Stays booked through IHG’s central reservation offices, IHG web sites, authorised travel agents (excluding online travel agents such as Expedia.com and booking.com, and unauthorised agents on online vertical travel portals), or directly at the hotel.
  2. “Eligible Charges,” except at Kimpton hotels, also include food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the Member's room. Charges at restaurants not operated by the hotel may not be eligible for Points. Hotels may choose to award Points for other charges at their discretion.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm 99% sure bookings made from a corporate site (like Carlson Wagonlit / Concur) are qualified stays, right?
They are supposed to be, yes. And a stay I booked on my company's Egencia portal has posted to my dashboard.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by alanro
They are supposed to be, yes. And a stay I booked on my company's Egencia portal has posted to my dashboard.
Yep they are. In fact one of my Q1 2018 Accelerate tasks is:
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by greendx
Yep they are. In fact one of my Q1 2018 Accelerate tasks is:
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion
I always get this task too, but unfortunately, I don't have a corporate rate to use. So I have been skipping this altogether.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
One of my tasks is as follows:

Earn more at InterContinental®
Stay 7 nights at any InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and earn 6,800 bonus points

Based on the T&C, it seems that the new IC that has just opened in Singapore - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay is not in the list of participating hotels.
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...8/terms.ricx.3

Just highlighting those who have this task and are intending to stay in this hotel to complete the task.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Accelerate tasks in email don't match site

I got an email from IHG today with the subject “King, get started on your 36,000 bonus points with Accelerate”. However, the tasks in the email don't match the Accelerate site at all. Has anyone else encountered this?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hclee01
One of my tasks is as follows:

Earn more at InterContinental®
Stay 7 nights at any InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and earn 6,800 bonus points

Based on the T&C, it seems that the new IC that has just opened in Singapore - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay is not in the list of participating hotels.
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...8/terms.ricx.3

Just highlighting those who have this task and are intending to stay in this hotel to complete the task.
The Intercontinental Perth isn't in the list either
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I got an email from IHG today with the subject “King, get started on your 36,000 bonus points with Accelerate”. However, the tasks in the email don't match the Accelerate site at all. Has anyone else encountered this?
In same boat. The web version is more accurate with respect to completed task in my case so far. If both work well, I have no complaints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.