Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My first three lots of points posted today, 6 days after I checked in. Mentioned a day or so ago on my dashboard as completed.

2 lots of welcome points appeared within a day or so as well, so everything going well so far.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Stay completed Friday, points posted to account on Sunday, dashboard updated + dashboard task points posted to account today/Wednesday.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Done and almost everything has posted (first stay Jan 2 then 3 more Jan 13-21). Required number of tasks completed 5 out of 6, credit card task posted a week ago. Just waiting for a 2 night stay at Kimpton DeWitt Amsterdam to post so that I get another 10K for the Stay More, Earn More task.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrism20
I’m impressed.

A stay on friday, posts to the account on Monday and to the dashboard on Tuesday.

Thats certainly the quickest I’ve seen. Have IHG finally cracked it?
+1 with me - completed 8 out of 9 tasks by 17th Jan and had all the points post and the dashboard updated today. First time I haven't had to contact IHG multiple times to have one or both done.

Is there any likely of follow on tasks being given for further points - nothing shows for me yet, or is it adios to IHG until the Q2 Promo?
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by mookie10
+1 with me - completed 8 out of 9 tasks by 17th Jan and had all the points post and the dashboard updated today. First time I haven't had to contact IHG multiple times to have one or both done.

Is there any likely of follow on tasks being given for further points - nothing shows for me yet, or is it adios to IHG until the Q2 Promo?
Normally nothing until the next quarter. I tweeted them early last quarter and asked and was told thats it.
mookie10 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Done and almost everything has posted (first stay Jan 2 then 3 more Jan 13-21). Required number of tasks completed 5 out of 6, credit card task posted a week ago. Just waiting for a 2 night stay at Kimpton DeWitt Amsterdam to post so that I get another 10K for the Stay More, Earn More task.
The CC task posted?

Now I am seriously impressed, normally that one takes months.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mookie10
There's some chance (though no guarantee) there'll be an added option for some bonus points on a February stay, and/or a March stay, and/or an April stay.

Those are the only likely kind of added tasks I'm aware of based on previous Accelerate cycles.

And you have to keep checking around the turn of each month to see if something like that appears, and if it doesn't check again at bit more into that month.
mookie10 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Anyone else having trouble with getting the CC task posting? I had a stay on Jan1-2 but still no sign of the CC bonus.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have not yet had the credit card task post either, from a stay early in the month.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Anyone else having trouble with getting the CC task posting? I had a stay on Jan1-2 but still no sign of the CC bonus.
My CC task was also completed with a stay checking out on Jan 2nd, and it posted a couple of days ago - hopefully yours will post soon!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:43 am

One of my tasks is - "Stay for Less and Earn: Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 2,400 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points."

Any one know if Points & Cash stay at a PointBreaks hotel will count?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Sktnyc, there is no such thing as a Points & Cash stay at a PointBreaks hotel! A hotel must be priced at >= 10K points per night to allow you to buy 5K under P&C!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Sktnyc, there is no such thing as a Points & Cash stay at a PointBreaks hotel! A hotel must be priced at >= 10K points per night to allow you to buy 5K under P&C!
the new pointsbreaks out on Monday are 5/10/15k and will allow P&C bookings and should satisfy the accelerate offer.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Surprise! Thank you Chrism20 for informing me about that nasty rules change. The only way it ain't nasty is if many more hotels will be included in PB which were never before.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I have the same situation but chalked it up to a prepay that was processed before Jan 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.