Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Take screenshots, people.
or save the email which set out the offers
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh well, 4 stays so far and none of them has posted on the "book with App". Again this **ing glitch that I thought they had fixed since "into the nights".
Another waste of time to ihg service to rectify.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
2) A single stay can count for multiple challenges. A 4 night stay would count for both the Stay once and Stay 4 Nights. If you checked out and did a 3 night booking and a 1 night booking, you might not get credit for the stay 4 nights. Dont do that.
I believe Stay 4 nights and a 4 night stay are different goals - worth confirming.

The first one should trigger after a total 4 nights, the other if there is a single 4 night stay.
Still, a even a check out/check in in a single day should result in a single stay as per system.

As per changing offers, mine are the same, except the September stay bonus offer is now gone. Sadly, not replaced by a different one.
(also, I seem to have a 1000 extra points offer for a booking via an app that's separate from Accelerate)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I believe Stay 4 nights and a 4 night stay are different goals - worth confirming.

The first one should trigger after a total 4 nights, the other if there is a single 4 night stay.
Still, a even a check out/check in in a single day should result in a single stay as per system.

As per changing offers, mine are the same, except the September stay bonus offer is now gone. Sadly, not replaced by a different one.
(also, I seem to have a 1000 extra points offer for a booking via an app that's separate from Accelerate)
Have you tried the old print preview trick, where hidden tasks show up in print preview, I have the 'September bonus' for each of the following months
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:17 am

I didn't know about this trick...

I know IHG IT is not the best regarded but this seems to me a weird thing to do.
Either way. I've got them showing all the way until December and an extra last week offer for DEC24 to DEC31.

Anyone knows if it matters whether this or that offer is shown? I plan to stay in November. Was considering a stay in October as well, but no availability where and when I need it.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I didn't know about this trick...

I know IHG IT is not the best regarded but this seems to me a weird thing to do.
Either way. I've got them showing all the way until December and an extra last week offer for DEC24 to DEC31.

Anyone knows if it matters whether this or that offer is shown? I plan to stay in November. Was considering a stay in October as well, but no availability where and when I need it.
You have the same as me then, I'd recommend printing ( or saving ) the page and the terms and conditions and well
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:19 pm

nah, it's just 2000 points. I wouldn't bother. Main thing is hoping that app bookings register properly, that way I do 3 of 4 over a single weekend and the bonus as well. All in all about 40k points.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:37 am

Interaction between P&C offer and others?

I have the following offers. If I complete one Points & Cash stay in Boston, I would assume that I'll complete 3 of the 4 offers and unlock my Achievement Bonus. I have screenshots of an IHG Agent (w/ in their chat app) agreeing with that assessment. But what I read in the wiki here makes me think that a Points & Cash stay can only satisfy the Points & Cash task (and no others at the same time). What are my odds that I get the Achievement Bounty after one P&C stay in Boston, without a fight?

1,000 Stay Once, Get 1,000 bonus points
Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash.

3,600 Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major cities: Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco and earn 3,600 bonus points.

28,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 28,000 bonus points.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:13 am

I'm afraid not - I'd say P&C is not a qualifying stay and as such not counting towards Accelerate goals exceptthose that specifically target a Points&Cash stay requirement.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orvando
I have the following offers. If I complete one Points & Cash stay in Boston, I would assume that I'll complete 3 of the 4 offers and unlock my Achievement Bonus. I have screenshots of an IHG Agent (w/ in their chat app) agreeing with that assessment. But what I read in the wiki here makes me think that a Points & Cash stay can only satisfy the Points & Cash task (and no others at the same time). What are my odds that I get the Achievement Bounty after one P&C stay in Boston, without a fight?

1,000 Stay Once, Get 1,000 bonus points
Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash.

3,600 Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major cities: Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco and earn 3,600 bonus points.

28,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 28,000 bonus points.
No. To get your achievement bonus with the fewest nights/stays, you need to a paid one-night stay in Boston or one of those other cities (and that will take care of 2 tasks), and also do a points+cash stay anywhere (it doesn't matter where, because it doesn't combine with any other tasks you have).

So you can do it all in two truly separate one-night stays if you plan it right, but it's not possible to do in one points+cash stay.

(It is possible to do it all in one stay with one paid 5-night stay in Boston or one of those other cities, and not doing points = cash at all.)

Don't listen to IHG agents; the average agent doesn't really understand these promos, and just "guesses" at answers. Good luck in "fighting" it, they're probably just tell you the agent was wrong, screenshots or no screenshots. Ie, your odds 0% without a fight, and 0.1% even with a fight!

So why bother? Change your reservations so that it will work (or else give up on this promo cycle).

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 11, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm afraid not - I'd say P&C is not a qualifying stay and as such not counting towards Accelerate goals exceptthose that specifically target a Points&Cash stay requirement.
Agreed, it's a reward night not a qualifying stay so will only trigger the P&C task.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:14 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
YOUR RATE BONUS POINTS PACKAGE
Earn 5,400 bonus points when you complete 3 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s).

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of “Bonus Points Package” rate Stays has been consumed by the member between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa. (Subject to availability determined by individual hotels). Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies. Subject to Bonus Points Package programme Terms and Conditions. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted to your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus or cancel a member’s account points if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected.
Will this Qualify:
1,000 Bonus Point Package: 1,000 Bonus Points for Every Night
FREE Cancellation until 4:00 PM local hotel time on December 11, 2017
No deposit required
View Rate Details
Exclusive to IHG® Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer - Earn 1,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points for each night when you book th

All hotels in turkey have that bonus points package but none has YOUR RATE rates which is basically the same except the "YOUR RATE" ?

The t&c
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of “Bonus Points Package” rate Stays
while the headline says YOUR RATE bonus package,

Can anyone help out ?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's impossible to forecast, because it depends on how that particular hotel (in fact how a particular person at that particular hotel) "merges" your two reservations or "extends" your reservation. The only thing I can say for certain is that it may or may not count, independently in each case (ie, both cases might count, or both cases might not count, or one case might count and the other might not count).

So since it's impossible to predict, you just have to wait (unless you're willing to cancel the second night and move the second night to a different hotel). Fortunately, it's still only September, and the promo lasts until December, so you'll have some time to do "make-up" stays if you find out for "certain" that one or the other or both didn't count toward your app task.

But what I don't know is how long app tasks take to post compared to simple stay posts. They may post at the same or they may post significantly later, I don't know. I've never had an app task (except several years ago back when it didn't really require an app), so I have no experience with this.
If anyone is following this, the stay posted as booked with the app and for the correct number of days. ^
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by cln
Will this Qualify:
1,000 Bonus Point Package: 1,000 Bonus Points for Every Night
FREE Cancellation until 4:00 PM local hotel time on December 11, 2017
No deposit required
View Rate Details
Exclusive to IHG® Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer - Earn 1,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points for each night when you book th

All hotels in turkey have that bonus points package but none has YOUR RATE rates which is basically the same except the "YOUR RATE" ?

The t&c

while the headline says YOUR RATE bonus package,

Can anyone help out ?
Is Turkey not considered to be part of Europe (as opposed to the Middle East or Asia), in which case a hotel here would not qualify?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Is Turkey not considered to be part of Europe (as opposed to the Middle East or Asia), in which case a hotel here would not qualify?
Am I missing something? This goal doesn't seem to mention any geography.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.