Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
The Oct bonus has also disappeared from my dashboard. Still seeing updates for the percentages on the tasks, but the individual stay entries under each task haven't updated for weeks. Hope they get this straightened out soon.

--Jon
As of this morning, my Accelerate Dashboard updated with all of the individual entries and is now current; however, the October bonus task is still MIA and I didn't receive points for it even though I completed the task.

--Jon
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Daichovo
Where exactly can I find info on what counts for a hotel in X city? I see a list of hotels for the NYC bonus, but not for the Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco one. In this case it's an airport hotel, but a good 20-30 miles away from downtown.
I stayed near DC for this one, and there was a list that I verified my booking against. I believe Dulles, and possibly BWI, properties were included.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
My dashboard updated to dates of stay in late October (so still about 15-16 days behind my stays) BUT the percentage did not update this time for the 50 nights I am trying to achieve for my final task that awards 100K points.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, IHG Spire, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors
Glad I found this forum-I'm new here and Did the Q2 Accelerate with no problems, I pretty much got 3K bonus points for every 3 nights. When I got my offer and signed up for the Q3, I had around 30 total IHG nights, and knew I'd be traveling still quite a bit for work through October. My offer said I'd get a 59,000 point bonus after night 39. That was the first goal, then for each 5 nights there after would be 5K points and when I hit 59 nights I'd get another 25K. Well here I was thinking it was Night 39 of my total IHG nights, I've stayed 22 nights since September 1, but won't be traveling but 1 more trip for the rest of the year. Does this sound right? I can't believe for an additional 25-26 nights with IHG I'm getting absolutely nothing. The funny thing is, the "percentage meter" after my first 7 nights said 52 percent to completing first offer, then after an additional 15 nights, it says 56 percent. Something seems off to me.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by CalItalian
My dashboard updated to dates of stay in late October (so still about 15-16 days behind my stays) BUT the percentage did not update this time for the 50 nights I am trying to achieve for my final task that awards 100K points.
The detail behind my individual tasks has updated, so that it matches the percentages.

Although my two stays last week are still not included in either the percentages or the detail behind them.

Oddly where a task is completed the symbol showing this is missing although the word “completed” is showing?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
As of this morning, my Accelerate Dashboard updated with all of the individual entries and is now current; however, the October bonus task is still MIA and I didn't receive points for it even though I completed the task.

--Jon
Wahay! My dashboard has completely updated and all but one task completed, including the elusive credit card one and the 6/7 bonus.

No October or November bonus visible, but they never were unless doing print-preview so I guess they were never officially activated!

3 more nights would give me the final 22k points but I'm not sure that's worth chasing as 22k would only get one night in a crappy HIX! And even more nights required next time !!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Mine has updated too, all is good!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03
Glad I found this forum-I'm new here and Did the Q2 Accelerate with no problems, I pretty much got 3K bonus points for every 3 nights. When I got my offer and signed up for the Q3, I had around 30 total IHG nights, and knew I'd be traveling still quite a bit for work through October. My offer said I'd get a 59,000 point bonus after night 39. That was the first goal, then for each 5 nights there after would be 5K points and when I hit 59 nights I'd get another 25K. Well here I was thinking it was Night 39 of my total IHG nights, I've stayed 22 nights since September 1, but won't be traveling but 1 more trip for the rest of the year. Does this sound right? I can't believe for an additional 25-26 nights with IHG I'm getting absolutely nothing. The funny thing is, the "percentage meter" after my first 7 nights said 52 percent to completing first offer, then after an additional 15 nights, it says 56 percent. Something seems off to me.
Something is indeed very much off.

Are you sure your previous quarter night count? I'd think that only nights in that quarter count...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03
You have completely misunderstood the Accelerate Promotion, as far as I can tell from your explanation.

Every Accelerate Promotion, your total number of nights resets.
Therefore, on 1st September, your "total stays" for Accelerate Q3 2017 was 0. Only stays from 1st September till the 31st December count.

You say "You already had 30 IHG nights". Had you already stayed, or were these future bookings? You use the past tense, which makes it sound like you have already stayed 30 days in IHG properties this year. For Q3 Accelerate, this is completely irrelevant.

You say: "Well here I was thinking it was Night 39 of my total IHG nights, I've stayed 22 nights since September 1,".

Total IHG nights is completely irrelevant. This is a promotion for your number of stays between 1st September and 31st December. You were previously already rewarded for your stays till August, via your previous Accelerate offers (3k points every 3 nights).

Therefore your promotion is actually:
59,000 points for staying an additional 39 nights between 1st September to 31st December.

But then that makes no sense with reference to your 59 night stay post. I think you're rather confused to be honest.

The maximum Accelerate promotion is:
"Stay 50 nights for 100,000 bonus points".

I have never seen a "Stay 59 nights" and do not believe it exists. I stay over 200 a days a year and my Accelerate has never exceeded a "Stay 50 nights for 100,000 bonus points." And, to be clear, it is "Stay 50 nights" between 1st September and 31st December. Your offer may say "Complete 6 out of 7 of your offers, and receive an additional 25,000 bonus points". You really need to re-read the promotion
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
The detail behind my individual tasks has updated, so that it matches the percentages.

Although my two stays last week are still not included in either the percentages or the detail behind them.

Oddly where a task is completed the symbol showing this is missing although the word “completed” is showing?
It seems to be update day, since typing the above earlier today, my two stays from last week have been reflected on the accelerate page.
Both the percentages have updated and the details behind them.

Very weird to see two separate updates in one day!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:21 pm

I'd be interested to know whether, now the dashboard has updated, people in the UK are getting their Quidco (UK) and TopCashBack (UK) to fully track and payout.

Mine still has no activity since July
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
November bonus?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
My dashboard got updated today too. Everything is now caught up.

Can’t wait for my points to actually post!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
A two night stay triggered 1) stay once, 2) bonus weekend stay and 3) stay in blah blah blah Asia Pacific blah blah blah.

All that remains is the credit card payment to hit and another 12K points will appear.

I also got credit for the stay in November 3K bonus.

When all is said and done, 33K for $115. Not too shabby.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i had a 2 night stay in nyc last month....it was a bonus points package stay & i paid using my ihg card....its been 2 weeks now since my stay posted....so i've completed a bunch of tasks like:

stay once get 2k points....
earn more faster for 6.6k points....
spend on ihg card for 1.5k points....
big apple bonus for 3k points....

none of these tasks show as complete yet....i know the credit card task takes forever to post but shouldn't the rest have posted 2 weeks after the stay was credited????
almost 20 days after my stay, my 4 tasks mentioned above are now showing as completed but i have not received the points yet....how long does it take between the time the tasks show as complete for the points to post????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.