Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Granted, I've never had this situation within Accelerate, but on a "normal" stay, it did combine in my history no issue.

Which fits IHG Rewards Club T&C as well:
A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
For a while there my dashboard was updating regularly. But now it's been over a month since it was last updated.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:56 am

My dashboard has updated in the last eight hours or so and everything is showing as complete.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Here’s a random one!
For the first time in many years I managed to cock up a booking and book the night before intended.
Only found out when I just went to check in and after a bit of confusion on both sides discovered my confirmation was for last night.

Luckily they had a room for tonight so looks like I won’t be sleeping in the car!
Although I’ll be paying for 2 nights at a holiday inn Express!

Just wondered whether anyone had experienced anything similar and how “no show’s” are billed in respect of points and counting towards accelerate challenges?

I’m hoping I’ll get 1 night for tonight, just not sure about last night as I didn’t check in / out.

Last edited by adobbing; Oct 31, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Granted, I've never had this situation within Accelerate, but on a "normal" stay, it did combine in my history no issue.

Which fits IHG Rewards Club T&C as well:
I've stayed, on multiple occasions, at the same hotel for more than a week with multiple back to back reservations that have been combined by the hotel (most are one or two night reservations) into one seemless single stay.

They NEVER work to trigger more than the number of nights they were book as. I needed a 4-night stay this Q3 period and only booking a 4-night stay triggered it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
For a while there my dashboard was updating regularly. But now it's been over a month since it was last updated.
The actual dates of stay are still not updating on the last task I need to complete, 50 nights, but the percentage changed from 70% to 76% since last week. This is getting frustrating because I need to know each of my paid stays qualified.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
My percentages are updating on the dashboard; however, the individual stay entries haven't updated for a few weeks now. Also, I have completed the October Cardmember Stay Two Nights task and none of my stays have posted against it. Frustrating as it is, I am just waiting for now. I expect it will eventually update in normal IHG fashion. If not, I will have to contact customer service.

--Jon
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by chrism20
My dashboard has updated in the last eight hours or so and everything is showing as complete.
How long after your stay did it take for the dashboard to update?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
How long after your stay did it take for the dashboard to update?
25th and 26th October (two different hotels) were my last stays which covered everything that was remaining.

The dashboard updated and showed complete on the 31st whilst the points were in my account on November 2nd.

The tasks I had outstanding before the last two stays were the book with the app and stay at x number of Holiday Inns if that helps in anyway.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
25th and 26th October (two different hotels) were my last stays which covered everything that was remaining.

The dashboard updated and showed complete on the 31st whilst the points were in my account on November 2nd.

The tasks I had outstanding before the last two stays were the book with the app and stay at x number of Holiday Inns if that helps in anyway.
So 7 days to reach your account. Thanks. I'll wait a few more days before I start to worry.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My two night Oct stay posted to my IHG account in early Nov; meanwhile, the Oct bonus has disappeared from my dashboard!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
here are my offers:

2,000 Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points

Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

6,600 Earn More, Faster

Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

2,400 Big City Bonus

Stay in 1 of 6 major cities: Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco and earn 2,400 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card

Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

17,500 Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 17,500 bonus points.

3,000 Big Apple Bonus

Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG® hotels in New York City and earn 3,000 bonus points.
i had a 2 night stay in nyc last month....it was a bonus points package stay & i paid using my ihg card....its been 2 weeks now since my stay posted....so i've completed a bunch of tasks like:

stay once get 2k points....
earn more faster for 6.6k points....
spend on ihg card for 1.5k points....
big apple bonus for 3k points....

none of these tasks show as complete yet....i know the credit card task takes forever to post but shouldn't the rest have posted 2 weeks after the stay was credited????
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Now this is strange! Looking at my points statement I have received 1500 points for using the IHG card (UK) as part of accelerate. Yet this task hasn't "ticked off" my dashboard! Also like others some tasks are building up percentage wise but not listing under "completed stay.." but this is less important. The CC spend task needs to complete on the dashboard for me to get the 6/7 tasks bonus as I am not going to get the 7th.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser

none of these tasks show as complete yet....i know the credit card task takes forever to post but shouldn't the rest have posted 2 weeks after the stay was credited????
Two weeks and still not posted? That sucks. I’m only like 2 days in and I’m getting impatient.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
For the "Stay for less" do a stay actually needs to happen or is using point+cash enough to trigger the activity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.