Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:28 am

My task was stay 2 nights or more in NYC. I made a two (2) one-night booking back-to-back in one hotel, same room type. I combined the 2 reservations prior to arriving, still got 2 separate bills and both stays posted separately.

I got the Accelerate bonus points for these stays.

YMMV.

BTW so far, I am impressed how fast bonus points have been posting (for me). Huge difference from earlier Accelerate promo.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I had problems in Accelerate Q2 convincing IHG head office that I used the app in order to get the bonus points. They insisted I had used the website but gave me the additional points as a goodwill gesture. This however did not show up on the dashboard as a completed task.

I notice in Q3 they have removed "book with the app" as a task.

Out of curiousity, I clicked on the 'book now' button within the app on my phone and lo and behold it arrives at the www website! How odd is that? I can only surmise this is what I did in all good faith. One would not expect to book through the app and be directed to their desktop site. Very very odd. I am now suitably wary.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I have book with the app as a task.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:04 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
BTW so far, I am impressed how fast bonus points have been posting (for me). Huge difference from earlier Accelerate promo.
What has your timeline been?

I seemed to notice my actual qualifying stays on my trip last week both posted within 2-days of checkout, where they use to be closer to a week. But as of this morning they have not been accounted for in the Accelerate promo.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I stayed at two different hotels last Saturday and Sunday (i.e. 23 and 24 sept). The Saturday one has posted for accelerate over this weekend, but not the Sunday. I suspect I will have to wait another week for that one!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
my tasks were far too much for me to achieve, so i will sit out of this one and hope it reduces for Q1
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by igc324
I had problems in Accelerate Q2 convincing IHG head office that I used the app in order to get the bonus points. They insisted I had used the website but gave me the additional points as a goodwill gesture. This however did not show up on the dashboard as a completed task.

I notice in Q3 they have removed "book with the app" as a task.

Out of curiousity, I clicked on the 'book now' button within the app on my phone and lo and behold it arrives at the www website! How odd is that? I can only surmise this is what I did in all good faith. One would not expect to book through the app and be directed to their desktop site. Very very odd. I am now suitably wary.
Everyone's tasks are different, so they havent "removed" that as a task - i's just not one of your tasks.

When I book with the app, I do not get redirected to a browser. You may be using an outdated version of the app, or booking a special rate.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:08 am

Book with the app

If you have an iPhone or an iPad there should be no more problems proving whether or not you have booked using the app.

iOS 11 update allows you to record the screen usage. It will be very difficult for them to argue that you haven’t booked using the app as you will have evidence to prove you did.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
If you have an iPhone or an iPad there should be no more problems proving whether or not you have booked using the app.

iOS 11 update allows you to record the screen usage. It will be very difficult for them to argue that you haven’t booked using the app as you will have evidence to prove you did.
How do you do that?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
How do you do that?
if you’ve updated to iOS 11 go to

Settings
Control Centre
Customise controls
Add Screen Recording.

Then when you swipe up to show the control centre screen screen the recording button is there.

Once youve recorded it goes goes into your pictures where you can view/email/send via social media etc
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
if you’ve updated to iOS 11 go to

Settings
Control Centre
Customise controls
Add Screen Recording.

Then when you swipe up to show the control centre screen screen the recording button is there.

Once youve recorded it goes goes into your pictures where you can view/email/send via social media etc
Brilliant!

I heard IHG are recruiting staff for a new department they are setting up in anticipation of the complaints they will be receiving from you.
They’ve already had several ex Barclays employees apply, quoting extensive relevant experience!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
If my promotion says to stay at two Holiday Inn Express to receive a 12k bonus. Do Holiday Inn Express & Suites count?

Or are they different?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RedElmo
If my promotion says to stay at two Holiday Inn Express to receive a 12k bonus. Do Holiday Inn Express & Suites count?

Or are they different?
Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Express & Suites both count- it's the 'Express' part that is necessary.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Google someone else's corporate code if the points and contribution towards your achieving the 7 out of 8 makes it worthwhile!
it's hard to find corporate codes from companies so you don't risk to get extra control during checkin..
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by daruda
it's hard to find corporate codes from companies so you don't risk to get extra control during checkin..
In the last 15 years of using my employers corporate rate, I’ve never once been asked to provide any kind of proof of employment by said company by check in staff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.