Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Is there any way to enter a special rate code in the app for those of us that have a "book with app" task?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by winkny
Is there any way to enter a special rate code in the app for those of us that have a "book with app" task?
You can enter a "corporate rate" code where it says "corporate ID" just above the search button.
Mine was set up on my account on the full website, so the app populates it from my profile.
On the full website it is entered under "my travel preferences " and then "rate preferences"
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Does anyone have a list of countries that IHG considers "Europe" for the stay in a hotel in the following regions task?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:50 pm

2,500 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points.

​​​​​​I have no corporate account, i never filled in a corporate id..

Did anyone receive this challenge as well?
Only thing I did is making booking via cashback sites..
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
You can enter a "corporate rate" code where it says "corporate ID" just above the search button.
Mine was set up on my account on the full website, so the app populates it from my profile.
On the full website it is entered under "my travel preferences " and then "rate preferences"
I don't know the corporate id code , i have the rate code which is IDP30
I know how to book with it on the regular and on the mobile site , but i don't know how to do it on the app and if it's even possible.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I can normally find an ereward book download for a few points if i have a redeem some points task but the lowest I can find this time is a book for 150 points... Any suggestions for redeeming a lesser amount?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thealphalion
(Original post at: http://www.thealphalion.com/register...a-2000-points/)

The previous two Accelerate promotions had a link for extra 2000 points by signing up using the following link:
http://ihgrewardsclub.com/extra2000

The link still redirects to Q2 Accelerate but I'm waiting for it to update to the Q3 accelerate before signing up for the extra 2000 points, since in the past I've always signed up too early.

Does anyone know if I sign up for Q3 Accelerate in October, will I have a "October bonus offer" instead of "September bonus offer"? Not intending to stay in Sept.
I can confirm that the "extra2000" link works for Q3 Accelerate now works.

Unfortunately, my offer is terrible and I won't be doing any stays this quarter:
Stay once in September and get 3,000 bonus points.
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.
Get an additional 5,000 bonus points after night 4.
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 7.
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 10.
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 13.
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 16.
Get an additional 15,000 bonus points after night 19.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Saral
I can normally find an ereward book download for a few points if i have a redeem some points task but the lowest I can find this time is a book for 150 points... Any suggestions for redeeming a lesser amount?
Not worth the effort, 150 is nothing. Or if you plan on using any reward nights before year's end, problem solved.

I'm hitting my redeem task by renewing my Ambassador membership.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: some
- Stay Once, Get 1,000 bonus points
- Stay More, Earn More Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 night(s) and earn 7,000 bonus points
- Change Your View® Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 5,600 bonus points
- Travel with the IHG® App - Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,200 bonus points
- Corporate Account Bonus - Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points
- Your Achievement Bonus -Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 21,700 bonus points
- September Bonus Offer - Stay once in September and get 2,000 bonus points

Overall not too hard (though I do not believe to have a corporate rate)
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
One of mine is 'Get an IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card', the problem is that I already have the card. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Looks like if you don't have/can't meet any of the challenges you get, you just don't get them. I got the renew your Amb membership, which I did in July, so of course I can't meet that challenge as I've already done it. I sent in a note and they said sorry, the only way to meet that challenge is to renew Amb as stated in the conditions. I guess I won't be doing that.

I think any others that got something like use your Corp account or get a credit card and you can't do those, certainly ask IHG as maybe you'll get a rep that can find a way to help, but it doesn't seem likely.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just booked a HIX stay from 8/31 to 9/1. I'm guessing the stay will count for this promotion, not the 2nd Quarter promotion?
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Nope, that 8/31 night will be Q2.

Terms state: "Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017(both dates inclusive)".
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I disagree as he's completing a stay on 9/1 that was initiated earlier.
Originally Posted by Tony300S
As far as I've seen, you don't get credit for the check out date, it's the check in day/night that counts on a 1-night stay toward the promo.

Checked my current Q2 promo and the qualifying dates listed are always checkin date based.

For example if his stay was 8/31 to 9/2, that would credit 1-night to each Q2 AND Q3 in my understanding.
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
In the past I've had a stay where I checked out on the day that accelerate started and it counted one night for that promotion, so staying 31/8 to 1/9 could count as a stay for Q3 . Of course we've not had two schemes back to back before so I don't know if on this occasion the check in in Q2 will take precedence.
I've been checking daily and the stay finally posted today. My stay from 8/31 to 9/1 posted as a Q2 stay.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've been checking daily and the stay finally posted today. My stay from 8/31 to 9/1 posted as a Q2 stay.
Thanks for the update and confirmation! ^
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Here is my offer:

1,500 Stay Once, Get 1,500 bonus points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,500 bonus points.

10,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 night(s) and earn 10,500 bonus points.

3,200 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,200 bonus points.

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your Reward Nights even further.

18,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 18,400 bonus points.

2,500 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 2,500 bonus points. Terms

I'll book 2 stays with the app (3.200 pts), a 1 night stay (1.500 pts) during a week-end (4.000 pts), and a 2-nights stay with points and cash (2.400 pts). This will mean the completion of 4 offers (18.400 pts).
Total: 29.500pts, with 2 stays and 3 nights.

I stayed away from the last accelerate offer, it seems to have worked well for me.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Q3 Accelerate

Has anyone had anything post yet for the new "Q3" accelerate offer?

Nothing for me yet - not even

500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.