Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Chrism20, are you saying that just a handful of stays is enough to reset your target but doing zero stays (as I did) is not? This seems perverse even for IHG.

I take your point about jumping ship though - I'm now going out of my way to avoid IHG wherever possible, even in situations where I might normally have stayed with them, so the Accelerate program has had exactly the opposite effect on me to what was intended.
Well in that case I don't know sorry! It seems to have worked for me.

Looking back on the last four months of last year I had three paid stays all in HIXs and looking at the locations and the days of the week I visited I don't think I would have paid more than £60 a night for them. The only other paid stay I had was the AMB bogof at the Amstel in December. So four revenue nights in total, the year before I had done over twenty paid nights between September & December.

This year requires six nights as opposed to something like 37 last year so I assumed that the targets were linked to last years behaviour.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had no stays for this quarter's accelerate program (although will do one this month for 5000 bonus points). Been staying at Hiltons.

My offers are the hardest to achieve yet:

1,500 Stay Once, Get 1,500 bonus points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,500 bonus points.

13,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 night(s) and earn 13,500 bonus points.

10,800 Be The Readiest™
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 10,800 bonus points

6,200 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 5 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 6,200 bonus points.

21,600 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 21,600 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG® hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

4,200 Your Rate Bonus Points Package
Earn 4,200 bonus points when you complete 2 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s).

2,000 Get an IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Successfully apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card or IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Terms and Conditions apply.

23,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 23,000 bonus points.

4,000 Big Apple Bonus
Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG® hotels in New York City and earn 4,000 bonus points.

2,500 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 2,500 bonus points.

Was going to possibly stay in NY for 2-3 nights on a points + cash stay but no idea if that counts.
May get one stay at LAX and will be doing one in Panama for sure.
3-4 nights in a quarter is the most I generally do as I tend to stay more in Hiltons or I'm in places where there are no IHG hotels, so no idea why I now need 9 nights.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After I ignored the summer promo (because one of the tasks required 5 stays and I had to complete every task), I got a similar set of tasks for this one, except now it's complete 3 out of 4, so I can get the completion bonus with just one paid stay (paid with my IHG credit card) plus one points+cash stay.

(I'd rather not do the 5 stays because I fear that if I do, the next time they'll require 10 stays, and so on !)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:38 pm

I've got 104,600 points to aim at. With a bit of luck, I should be able to get 102,400 of them, although it will be fairly tight on the 30 nights required. The bonus point package target is one I've not seen before & matches my usual 1,000 bonus point per night bookings.

Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 30 night(s) and earn 60,000 bonus points.

Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 3,200 bonus points.

Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,200 bonus points.

Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.

Earn 13,200 bonus points when you complete 15 Your Rate Bonus Points Package stay(s).

Book and pay for one stay at any IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 13,000 bonus points.

Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points.

Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:59 pm

I got nearly identical to what I had for Q2 minus the NYC stay challenge. I miss the days when they had a stay X times get a free night.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I'm a bit disappointed that I am being offered less points than last quarter, but it's doable if my business trip happens.

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 46,000 total bonus points.

2,000 - Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points

10,000 - Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

1,500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

26,500 - Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 26,500 bonus points.

3,000 - Big Apple Bonus
Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG® hotels in New York City and earn 3,000 bonus points.

3,000 - September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 3,000 bonus points.
Interesting. I got something very similar to you. I pick up 6,500 with one stay in September on my IHG cc. After that will need a minimum of 4 nights across 2 brands to get all the rest. I will not spend $200 for Ambassador so that is out. And I will not be in NYC so that too is out. However it's not too bad otherwise - was thinking I would get a harder offer since I got all the Q2 bonuses - but this one doable.

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 61,100 total bonus points.

2,000 - Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points

10,000 - Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

19,200 - Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.

2,400 - Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your Reward Nights even farther

1,500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

5,000 - Become an InterContinental® Ambassador
Earn 5,000 bonus points when you join our InterContinental® Ambassador program.

15,000 - Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 15,000 bonus points.

3,000 - Big Apple Bonus
Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG® hotels in New York City and earn 3,000 bonus points.

3,000 - September Bonus Offer

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Aug 8, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Exactly the same garbage as last time - which I completely ignored (zero IHG stays in Q2) so I get rewarded with the same steaming pile of ordure.

Nothing but 'Stay X nights and get X,000 points' repeated ad infinitum after the initial stay.
Zero stackable bonuses apart from doing stay #1 in September.

3,000 September Bonus Offer

2,000 Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points
Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay 4 Nights
Get an additional 5,000 bonus points after night 4.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 7.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 10.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 13.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 16.

15,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 15,000 bonus points after night 19.

37K for 19 nights (Q2 was 32K).

Time to cancel the Premium CC now that Accelerate is no longer fit for purpose.
I disagree that is a very generous way of offering the stay NN nights for xxxxx points task. As instead of ALL OR NOTHING like most other IHGers get, which would be a single task target of -> Stay 19nights for 32k points

Compare that offer of yours with eg -> Stay 30nights for 60k points (or highe 40nights for 80k points) on an all or nothing basis like us regulars receive each and every accelerator.

For 2Q and 3Q Accelerators , I am just taking i)first stay 2k ii)first month of promo stay 5k ii)2x Corp stays 2k for total of 9k each. I even have stay tasks out of the blue 3Q like "Stay in NYC" which is never happening

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 8, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:43 pm

Earn 102,200 total bonus points.
Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 102,200 total bonus points.

o 02000 / Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points

o 60000 / Stay More, Earn More <== maybe 4nights this period !
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 30 night(s) and earn 60,000 bonus points

o 05200 / Earn More at InterContinental® <== maybe 4nights this period !
Stay 5 nights at any InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 5,200 bonus points

o 02500 / Corporate Account Bonus <== Yes
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points

o 12000 / Explore with Confidence <= 4nights Asia only Sep-Dec !
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), and Europe and earn 12,000 bonus points

o 11000 / Your Achievement Bonus <== not possible
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 11,000 bonus points.

o 00500 / Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points

o 04000 / Big Apple Bonus <== no non Asia trips in scope!
Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG® hotels in New York City and earn 4,000 bonus points

o 05000 / September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 8, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:51 pm

Any idea if a stay from 31 Aug to 3 Sep would count for both "stay once in August" for Q2 and "stay once in September" for Q3? It looks like the date the stay is completed is the determining factor (so it would count for Q3 only) but I'm curious if anyone has experience with this.

Similarly, I wonder if a single booking on those dates counts toward "stay 5 nights" in both offers (1 night for Q2 and 2 for Q3).

Seth
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by sethweinstein
Any idea if a stay from 31 Aug to 3 Sep would count for both "stay once in August" for Q2 and "stay once in September" for Q3? It looks like the date the stay is completed is the determining factor (so it would count for Q3 only) but I'm curious if anyone has experience with this.

Similarly, I wonder if a single booking on those dates counts toward "stay 5 nights" in both offers (1 night for Q2 and 2 for Q3).

Seth
1)It is night of stay that determines if a night counts for Accelerator Q2 or Q3 not either of checkout or stay posting to account dates.

2)Yes a multinight spanning across 1st Sep start of Q3 Accelerator would credit part stay nights 1st sep onwards towards Q3 Acc tasks
(And if Q2 Accelerator is to 31st Aug, first night(s) in stay go towards Q2 accelerator promo)

3)One proviso, you need check expanded task terms... some (not all) tasks are worded historically that BOTH booking+stay must be made after Accelerator Promo starts
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I am looking for the definition of a "Qualifying Stay" in relation to this promotion.

OK, I know this question has likely been asked many time before.

I am just looking for clarification regarding Reward nights Qualifying. I know from the T&C's "reward nights" count toward elite status and a "stay" is one or more consecutive nights at the same property and I see this post from the last Accelerate promotion thread:
Originally Posted by chrism20

Reward nights aren't qualifying so they won't count unfortunately
OK, I see this in my offer:
Stay Once, Get 1,000 bonus points

Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
I click the 'Terms' and see this:
... A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). For purpose of this Offer under this Promotion a Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” which includes most business and leisure rates. ...
Clicking through to the 'IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions', I see this:
Qualifying Nights – IHG® Rewards Club Gold Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 10 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. IHG® Rewards Club Platinum Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 40 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. IHG® Rewards Club Spire Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 75 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. Once a member earns Elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year. IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights consumed by members will be counted as Qualifying Nights towards Elite membership qualifications.
Is there a definition of a "Qualifying Stay" in that content? (Or somewhere else I may have missed?)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
... Is there a definition of a "Qualifying Stay" in that content? (Or somewhere else I may have missed?)
OK, found my answer ...

GENERAL PROMOTION TERMS
A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at Kimpton® De Witt Amsterdam Hotel, InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
It's a shame once registered the promotion terms are not linked on the members' Accelerate page.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:23 pm

groan same old question by cheapskates every new Accelerator

See Terms for Q3 Accelerator
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...rate2017/terms

A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at Kimpton® De Witt Amsterdam Hotel, InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay”

Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed close to home this summer so I reset IHG's expectations of me. The current promo has a big city market requirement which I have met previously but wasn't inclined to try this time. I have yet to pull "week in China" or "$1200 F&B" goals.

43k total offer
2k stay once
10k for 5 nights
7.2k for 3 Holiday Inns. Pretty sure every other Accelerate goal has been Holiday Inn Express
4k for a two night weekend
1.5k IHG credit card
15.3k complete 4 of 5

Already have reservations to knock out three of them so an additional single night at a HI will sweep it for me.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
2,000 Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points

10,000 Stay More, Earn More

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

12,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card

10,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 10,500 bonus points.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3,000 Big Apple Bonus

3,000 September Bonus Offer

This is very similar to what I've received over the last two promos and can be accomplished with a 2 night stay in Asia. If done in September yielding 33K pts for $100-120 spend.

I've repeatedly ignored the Stay 5 for 10K points task and have been able to accomplish the necessary tasks with 2-3 nights each promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.