Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by cashbro
Here are my offers:

1,000 Book and stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.

3,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

500 Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster.

29,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 29,900 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

I am new to this promotion, so I have a few questions.
1. Does the points here count towards Elite Qualifying Points? No

2. Does "stay 5 nights" mean 5 consecutive nights or a total of 5 nights? So if I plan to stay 3 nights in Jan and book 2 nights bonus points package stay in March, does it mean I clear everything? It's a total of 5 nights, so yes you'd clear everything, assuming you also download the app.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Earn 41,000 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 41,000 total bonus points.

5,000 Book and stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

16,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.

2,500 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points.

4,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.

3,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

8,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 8,900 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

Don't think I'll bother, I don't see this as worth the bother
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightorFight
My requirements are quite easy. But I'm curious on meeting the minimum for these 2:

1,000 Points Purchase: Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem: You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

Does anybody have any of these in past and what is recommendation for minimum to achieve.

THanks.
For the first one, buy 1000 points when there is hopefully a 100% bonus offer on

And for the second one, book a reward night, once the bonus points have been awarded...cancel it
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:23 pm

If I'm planning to stay from 14-16 April, is it going to be counted as 1 night or 2 nights?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by cashbro
If I'm planning to stay from 14-16 April, is it going to be counted as 1 night or 2 nights?
Only the first night will count, the second is outside the promotion period.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Points Value Offer Description Status

3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000 Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

16,000 Stay More, Earn More Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.

2,000 Stay for Less and Earn Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you combine points with cash.

12,000 Explore with Confidence Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 12,000 bonus points

9,000 Your Achievement Bonus Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 9,000 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

Earn 43,800 total bonus points Complete all of your offers to get 43,800 total bonus points.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Earn 49,400 total bonus points.
Complete all your offers to get 49,400 total bonus points.

Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Will book a night at the HI JNB (on January 1st when the promo starts) for this one

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points
At the moment, not likely to earn this one as I'll only have 2 revenue nights during the promotion period, but also 3 award nights that won't count

Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash
Will rebook one of my three award nights on January 1st as T&Cs require this to be a new booking during the promo period, cost will be U$40 for 5K

Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points
Expect the above award rebooking will trigger this one, though unclear if C&P is considered one of the eligible redemptions...unable to access the T&Cs related to this task..but can rebook one of my March regular point stay nights if it doesn't trigger the bonus

A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required
Possible though unlikely to get this one

Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas and earn 2,400 bonus points
Have a stay at the HIX JFK for this one next month

Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points
Stay at HI JNB will get me this one, and at less than U$80

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 13,000 bonus points
Would have to do either 3 more revenue nights or a weekend but both are unlikely, using awards because room rates otherwise are too expensive while award nights are just 15K

January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points
HI JFK or HI JNB will knock this one off

So with my January 17th-25th trip to South Africa, I should rack up 5 of my 7 targets plus the January bonus for a total of 22,400 (plus 3,000 regular points for my revenue stays) for a spend of U$240 and 40K in redeemed points. I may end up doing an inexpensive weekend somewhere and collect another 17,000 points and then would need one more night for the final 10,000 (5 nights). This was the only bonus I missed (by 1 night) with the fall promo that just wrapped up.

Last edited by Shareholder; Dec 18, 2016 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Mine are:

My offer totals 84,100, with tougher requirements than last time:

Stay once: 2,000

12 nights: 18,000

5 stays booked on app: 7,700

Stays in 4 countries outside my home country: 26,400

Single stay of 4 or more nights: 4,000

Redeem points: 1,000

Get the credit card: 2,000

6 of the above 7: 22,000

January bonus: 1,000

You definitely get tougher requirements when you successfully complete the last promotion.

As most of my travels for the next 3 months take me to places where IHG doesn't even have properties, I think I'll sit this one out in the hope of getting reset for next time.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer

You definitely get tougher requirements when you successfully complete the last promotion.

As most of my travels for the next 3 months take me to places where IHG doesn't even have properties, I think I'll sit this one out in the hope of getting reset for next time.
I've also got a lower potential of points, but an increase in the requirements.

Hilton's triple points * 5k for paying with visa is running until end January.

That's where my business will be going, IHG's numbers don't stack!

Last edited by adobbing; Dec 19, 2016 at 4:17 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by adobbing
I've also got a lower potential of points, but an increase in the requirements.

Hilton's triple points * 5k for paying with visa is running until end January.

That's where my business will be going, IHG's numbers don't stack!
They don't stack for me this time either. I'm in Croatia for 6 weeks in March, in a place without chain hotels, so I'm just going to cane hotels.com free nights, with the additional 7% from Topcashback (paid for on my rewards Amex of course). That's about all I can do this season.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:44 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
So, when this come out, do the new goals seem to be based on your actual recent ACTIVITY -- or how you did on the last Accelerate promo?

I guess a thought that I'm having is that it might make sense to complete these at the very end -- so that your NEXT set of goals isn't as high maybe?

As an example, I actually completed my Accelerate for last time on the 14th of December -- just one day before it ended. My goals for this new program were already out by then -- and don't seem that high compared to last time.

So, I'm going to get credit for completing last time's program -- but only AFTER the requirements for this one had been released for my account. I wonder if that helped at all to keep the goals lower -- since, at the time, I had not completed the previous program.

Just a thought.

- John...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jgoggan
So, when this come out, do the new goals seem to be based on your actual recent ACTIVITY -- or how you did on the last Accelerate promo?

I guess a thought that I'm having is that it might make sense to complete these at the very end -- so that your NEXT set of goals isn't as high maybe?

As an example, I actually completed my Accelerate for last time on the 14th of December -- just one day before it ended. My goals for this new program were already out by then -- and don't seem that high compared to last time.

So, I'm going to get credit for completing last time's program -- but only AFTER the requirements for this one had been released for my account. I wonder if that helped at all to keep the goals lower -- since, at the time, I had not completed the previous program.

Just a thought.

- John...
1Q2017 accelerate targets will be based on your stay history last 1Q2016 and not other historic quarters.

That said task targets are designed to get more business that same quarter last year so could be set a couple of nights higher for tasks like stay more earn more that usually gives2k/night which is an easy win if one stays same this 1Q2017 as last years 1Q2016
(If you had a 1-off high 1Q2016 night total, then 1Q12017targets can be unreachable !)

IHG are aware many guests stay patterns are not a uniform nn days each and every calendar month, especially frequent staying members whose business stays will likely tail off in certain monthslike January or August.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
From the T&C:
Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.

Cash & points counts, I believe, but not full reward stays.
Points & Cash does not count for any of the offers. Except for Book for Less and Earn offer.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by mastaveit
Points & Cash does not count for any of the offers. Except for Book for Less and Earn offer.
they can in specific cased. my fall 2016 accelerate included a challenge to record one points & cash stay. but in general, they dont, I guess.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by mastaveit
Talking of Stay for Less and Earn...

Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.
is it right that any cat 1 property would cost 5000 + $40 for the points+cash rate, and that this would be the cheapest way to satisfy this requirement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.