Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by craz
Yet C&P or an all pt res doesnt earn any pts but does earn a nights credit, waiting the hard way to see if C&P will also trigger 1 stay. 2 Different tasks to complete
T&Cs for the promotion say award nights do not count as qualifying nights in any of the required number of nights or brand tasks (i.e. stay 5 nights, stay at a Holiday Inn, stay in September). These must be stays/nights that earn points and award nights don't earn points (though as you point out, do earn night credit). Award night stays will only count for specific tasks like booking a Cash&Points and stay during the promotion period, or redeem points for a stay during the promotion period.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No.

So there is no "cash component" to a points plus cash stay; it's just a trick for buying points and then redeeming only points all in one action. The hotel never sees any of that cash. Your card statement credits the cash portion to IHG Rewards Club in GA, no matter where the hotel is.
Under normal times when you aren't trying to hit promotional targets, this is generally seen as a good thing because it means you can avoid most taxes on the hotel stay proper (the 2-4 euro per night charge in, IIRC, Paris is an exception because it's per room regardless if paid stay or not rather than a percentage of the bill at check out)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
T&Cs for the promotion say award nights do not count as qualifying nights in any of the required number of nights or brand tasks (i.e. stay 5 nights, stay at a Holiday Inn, stay in September). These must be stays/nights that earn points and award nights don't earn points (though as you point out, do earn night credit). Award night stays will only count for specific tasks like booking a Cash&Points and stay during the promotion period, or redeem points for a stay during the promotion period.
which if any brands can you earn points for incidentals?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by craz
which if any brands can you earn points for incidentals?
Incidental expenses, meals, etc. charged to the room on award stays do earn points but these don't apply to the promotion, so not sure what you are asking about?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Earn 70,400 total bonus points.

5,000 Book and stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

54,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 27 night(s) and earn 54,000 bonus points.

2,400 Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas and earn 2,400 bonus points

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

5,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 5,000 bonus points.

500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Incidental expenses, meals, etc. charged to the room on award stays do earn points but these don't apply to the promotion, so not sure what you are asking about?
Pt is now moot as I switched a Hampton stay to a Candlewood for a $30 savings. But I was referring to what used to work(may still work) say on a Priceline name your price hotel, alot of times if you charged say a soda to your room you ended up getting a Stay/night credit with many chains , not sure if it worked with IHG. So I was asking if that would have trigged getting pts for teh stay which may have in turn get a Stay posted
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I've never done an IHG promo before; how long does it take to update the offers in your Accelerate dashboard? I had a stay from 1/1-1/2 post this morning and nothing is showing as completed yet in my Accelerate offer.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I've never done an IHG promo before; how long does it take to update the offers in your Accelerate dashboard? I had a stay from 1/1-1/2 post this morning and nothing is showing as completed yet in my Accelerate offer.
the first update may take 2 weeks or more, after that they then usually update weekly...don't hold your breath thought...it's ihg afterall
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:23 am

Mine:
one stay 3K
5 nights / 10K points
3600 points for booking a bonus points package stay
1500 for using IHG credit card
complete 3 of 4 to get 22000 bonus
(plus 1K for a January stay)

Very easy compared to last time.^

Last edited by mareh; Jan 5, 2017 at 10:41 am
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
SO CONFUSED! I booked several non-refundable IHG reservations for this month under my Accelerate offer. I logged into my account today, and all of the targets have changed to much less generous terms! Do I have any recourse? One requirement was points for staying at a European hotel (9,000 points) so I booked one...now that requirement is no longer available. How can they change the terms mid-promotion for some people?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
SO CONFUSED! I booked several non-refundable IHG reservations for this month under my Accelerate offer. I logged into my account today, and all of the targets have changed to much less generous terms! Do I have any recourse? One requirement was points for staying at a European hotel (9,000 points) so I booked one...now that requirement is no longer available. How can they change the terms mid-promotion for some people?
did you print a copy? That maybe your only hope, as in the T and C's it says they can change offers
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I recalled receiving an email from IHG listing all tasks, given that I registered late December. Check the inbox (and spam) for luck?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:20 am

How can I book the current UK flash sale on my ihg app?
it seems impossible...link always opens on browser and not in the app
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by JCala
How can I book the current UK flash sale on my ihg app?
it seems impossible...link always opens on browser and not in the app
I had the exact same problem, another poster could get Sale rates to come up on an IPhone on the App, I couldn't get Sale rates on the Android or Ipad App
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Plat
41k points for ~$220 worth it? .05cpp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.