Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Did you try following the link in the OP again?

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard

That prompted me to log in and then showed me the dashboard for the 2017 promo with the details.
Bingo! That did the trick - thank you so much!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:57 pm

I got a 2,000 Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
5,000 Renew your Ambassador Membership

I already already renewed the Ambassador last week
As someone not living in the USA, I am not eligible to have a Rewards Club Select Credit Card

Can't even figure the thought process of management
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by elusive1
I already already renewed the Ambassador last week
As someone not living in the USA, I am not eligible to have a Rewards Club Select Credit Card

Can't even figure the thought process of management
Emigrate to the United States, earn 40,000 bonus points
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Will stays I've already booked qualify for this? Can't seem to find it in the T&Cs. I have 2 stays booked for January already, so just wondering if they'll count.

If you click through to the T&C you should find that the challenges that say "book and stay" require that they be booked during the promotion period. For example, the terms for "book and stay once get 3,000" will say "must be booked and completed between 1st January and 15th April."
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:55 am

Wow. What a boring set of offers

Book and stay once in January (1000)
Book and stay Once (1000)
Stay 3 Nights (5000)
Stay 3 more nights (3000)
Stay 3 more nights (15000)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Will stays I've already booked qualify for this? Can't seem to find it in the T&Cs. I have 2 stays booked for January already, so just wondering if they'll count.

If you click through to the T&C you should find that the challenges that say "book and stay" require that they be booked during the promotion period. For example, the terms for "book and stay once get 3,000" will say "must be booked and completed between 1st January and 15th April."

People are assuming yes, but by rights if it says 'book and stay' between 1 Jan to xx April and u book before ihg could refuse points.

I know one of my tasks for the current promo says 'stay between xx Sept and 15 Dec, I have the same task next time round and it now says 'book and stay between 1 Jan and xx April
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Does the January stay qualify for the "Achievement Bonus: Complete X out of the X offer". I only ask this because I read elsewhere that it did not qualify.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My "stay in another country" one now excludes Europe.

The T&Cs seem to imply that I have to book and stay from Jan 1st so if I book now, it won't count.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Does the January stay qualify for the "Achievement Bonus: Complete X out of the X offer". I only ask this because I read elsewhere that it did not qualify.
If you mean the January Bonus Offer, my T and C's for it state 'The number of bonus points listed above will not count toward “Your Achievement Bonus offer” so no it doesn't count...in my case anyway, have a read of your terms for the offer
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
People are assuming yes, but by rights if it says 'book and stay' between 1 Jan to xx April and u book before ihg could refuse points.

I know one of my tasks for the current promo says 'stay between xx Sept and 15 Dec, I have the same task next time round and it now says 'book and stay between 1 Jan and xx April
I asked about this in a 'phone conversation with IHG and the answer was unequivocal : No, they will NOT count
On the other hand, as everyone knows, what is said isn't always what happens and pre Jan 01 bookings might end up getting credit for the promo but I wouldn't rely on it.
But what a bizarre way to run a business: wait another 3 weeks before you buy my product otherwise you will get penalised.
One suspects this has something to do with the fact that Accelerate is a separate company.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:42 pm

ryth

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Emigrate to the United States, earn 40,000 bonus points
I think I will sit this one out, at least on paid stays. It will be interesting to see what the algorithm offers me after for the first time I fail to complete one. They do seem to be getting less qualitative after I hit them.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jonadenz
Wow. What a boring set of offers

Book and stay once in January (1000)
Book and stay Once (1000)
Stay 3 Nights (5000)
Stay 3 more nights (15000)
I have the same. Not very exciting, indeed.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Hmmm, another "easy" one for me, it seems. The offers are almost identical to the one ending soon. Based on my calcs, I can knock this out with 3 nights over 2 stays at HIXes in Europe, with one in Jan. Looks like it's time for a spa weekend at Baden-Baden...

5,000 Book and stay Once Get 5,000

12,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 night(s)

5,600 Stay Smart®
Stay Smart® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s)

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and earn 8,000 bonus points Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card

1,000 Earn When You Redeem

13,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 13,000 bonus points.

500 Registration Bonus

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:23 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
*** My Spire Elite Ambassador tasks for Accelerate Q1 2017 ***

Earn 50,800 total bonus points.

Book and stay Once Get 5,000 - YES
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More - YES
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.

Stay Smart - YES
Stay Smart® by staying at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 10,800 bonus points.

Stay for Less and Earn - MAYBE
Earn 4,500 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card - YES
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

Earn When You Redeem - YES
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

Your Achievement Bonus - BINGO :-:
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 11,000 bonus points.

January Bonus Offer - NO, Hilton's Triple Points App Booking deal is worth WAY MORE than 1,000 IHG points.
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Thank you very much!

Do I have to be the one checking in? For example, if I am in Tel Aviv, and I find a cheap Holiday inn with bonus points package in Warsaw, or other random place can i ask a FTer near to check-in for me? Or i can make the booking for him? or second guest name?
I have my doubts, but I don't know for sure. It might depend a lot on how that day's hotel staff handles it (ie, totally unpredictable). It might work or you might earn nothing at all, and be out all that money for nothing.

But I'm confused: Your FT profile says your location is "MAN,TLV". You won't be near MAN during this promo?

Brexit is going slowly, so MAN will still be in Europe throughout this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.