Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by happychic
I don't have access to any corporate rate but it's one of my tasks.

What to do?

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Google
From what I had read, front desks at IHG properties reserve the right to ask for a company ID at check in. How can I bypass this to complete my task?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Amazing! I got the same exact tasks for 1Q 2017 as for the current quarter:
  • Stay Once
  • Stay More (5 times)
  • Stay Smart (2 different HIXs)
  • Pay with IHG Credit card (ugh, more posting problem ahead again !)
except they also added a book-with-app task in the 1Q 2017 list. I can skip one of the tasks (as I could this quarter).

(Plus a separate January stay task, analogous to the separate September stay task this quarter.)

The task I'm skipping this quarter is the Stay More, and I only competed the 2nd Stay Smart task a week ago. So maybe they repeated because they though I wasn't going to complete my tasks this quarter?
Weird, I'm in virtually the exact same boat. My tasks are exactly the same as yours (both last quarter and this quarter, except I have to do 3 different HIX's to your 2, and I got a point+cash task added instead of an app.

FWIW, I completed this quarter a couple weeks ago, and my guess is I'll complete this quarter with the exact same HIX's
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Checkin on Dec 30, Check out on Jan 1 -> Qualifies?

I'm sure many people have stays crossing over new years. In these cases, do past experiences or promotion terms point to us getting credit?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:02 pm

It's almost a no brainer to do a mattress run for me

1) 3k - Book & stay once
2) 10k - Stay 5 nights
3) 3k - Book using cash&points
4) 1.5k - Book using IHG card

22.5k - 3/4 completion bonus
1k - Jan bonus

I can find a $80(with tax) hotel to capture #1+#4+jan (5.5k)
Redeem a 5k+$40 night (category 1 10k) to get #3+bonus (25.5k)

total = earn 31k (plus $80*15points = 1.2k minus 5k redeem), which means I'm spending $120 to get 27k points, or 0.46 cents per point

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I clicked the link, and am forced to agree to the promo terms before I can see my offers. Anyone else have this happen? Or is that first screen not the actual registration page?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:07 pm
Suspended

128,100, quite doable, for a change, with no alteration to my stay patterns.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points

I've got this as one of my tasks. Does Europe include the UK where I live?
Could be very easy if this is the case although no hardship if I have to stay in Germany or somewhere. Nice being only the one night by the look of it.

2,000 Book and stay Once Get 2,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

10,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 night(s) and earn 10,500 bonus points.

2,200 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,200 bonus points.

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

2,000 Get an IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Successfully apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card or IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Terms and Conditions apply.
Club card: Representative 18.9% APR (variable).
Premium card: Representative 41.5% APR (variable).

14,300 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 14,300 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

Bit tighter with the January bonus but points are points.
No intention of getting the credit card.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Well, I am not sure I can complete one of my tasks:

"5,000 Renew Your Ambassador Membership
Earn 5,000 bonus points when you renew your Ambassador Membership."

I am an RA and there is no way to renew my Ambassador Membership.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
From what I had read, front desks at IHG properties reserve the right to ask for a company ID at check in. How can I bypass this to complete my task?
I use a corporate rate several times a year for work trips and have never been asked for ID. You'd be very lucky if this occurred IMO.

Originally Posted by eethan
I'm sure many people have stays crossing over new years. In these cases, do past experiences or promotion terms point to us getting credit?
Yes. Last year I stayed at IC Tokyo over the new year and the promo credited both quarters (Dec 31 for one and Jan 1 for the next). I did have to call the Ambassador help desk however to trigger my Jan 1 stay which hadn't shown up on my dashboard.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
They rarely, if ever ask. If you're really worried, Vista print is your friend...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Will I still be able to see my current Accelerate dashboard if I register for the new promo?

I'm still waiting to complete my final task so don't want to confuse the easily confused IHG website
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by mrmaxwell
Will I still be able to see my current Accelerate dashboard if I register for the new promo?

I'm still waiting to complete my final task so don't want to confuse the easily confused IHG website
Yes you can

Link to new accelerate dashboard
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard

Link to current dashboard
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2016/dashboard
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The current promo is pretty easy for me with only 19 nights to get 38,000. But this one wants 40 nights for 80K. Either way it's 2000 points per night, but 40 is a lot!

My interesting bonus this quarter is: Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas and earn 3,600 bonus points
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Silly question... one stay can complete multiple offers, correct? Mine is really basic and I can complete 3 of 4, getting the achievement bonus, with one night:

Book and stay once: 5000 points
Stay more, earn more (5 nights): 10,000 points
Earn more, faster (book bonus points package stay): 3600 points
Use IHG card: 1500 points

Complete 3 of 4: 19,900 points

For the stay I'm looking at in February (IC Hanoi), the bonus points package rate is obviously higher (but not too much) than the standard rate. Figured it'd be worth it since I'd get the achievement bonus.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Originally Posted by paolo64
"Book and stay between 1 Jan and 15 April"....should this be taken as written or does it mean that the stay must be in that period but the booking can be before?
I would like to know this as well. Many of my offers have this in their terms. I need a pre-flight stay in Narita and the Crown Plaza is cheap...but I don't want to worry about booking it 4 days before I need to stay, while I'm already on vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.