Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:26 pm

First time Accelerate Promotion

Never participated in Accelerate Promotion before.

Below are my offers:

3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

1,000 Points Purchase
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

24,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 24,500 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

If I'm following this correctly, I can book a one night stay at any IHG hotel in January and pay on my IHG card and get 30,000 points. Is that right? I can get several offers in just one stay?

If so it seems like a no brainer booking a cheap IHG during a weekday or something right?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, that's how it looks to me. Yours is about the best offer I've ever seen!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:36 pm

Here are my offers:

1,000 Book and stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.

3,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

500 Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster.

29,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 29,900 bonus points.

I am new to this promotion, so I have a few questions.

1. Does the points here count towards Elite Qualifying Points?

2. Does "stay 5 nights" mean 5 consecutive nights or a total of 5 nights? So if I plan to stay 3 nights in Jan and book 2 nights bonus points package stay in March, does it mean I clear everything?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bearsball88
Never participated in Accelerate Promotion before.

Below are my offers:

3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

1,000 Points Purchase
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

24,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 24,500 bonus points.

If I'm following this correctly, I can book a one night stay at any IHG hotel in January and pay on my IHG card and get 30,000 points. Is that right? I can get several offers in just one stay?

If so it seems like a no brainer booking a cheap IHG during a weekday or something right?
Your 4 'offers' do not include the January bonus offer (at least mine doesn't it is specifically mentioned in the T and C's for that task). But u could purchase points as well as your 2 red tasks to Qualify for the bonus of 24k
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Been awhiule since ive stayed with IHG got the following;

Stay 1 get 2k

Apply for the CC get 2k (+60k if approved)

Stay once using C&P 3K

Stay 4 more nights 6k

Bonus: 1k for booking and staying in Jan

do 3 of the 4 and get additional 27k

Seems like a no brainer to me; I can book a C&P for 10k and $35 and CX my Hampton for 20K that will knock off 2 (stay once and C&P) and then apply for CC which gives 2k even if declined = 3 of 4 completed for the 27k bonus

Total is 35k - 10k used = a +25k
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Saral
Your 4 'offers' do not include the January bonus offer (at least mine doesn't it is specifically mentioned in the T and C's for that task). But u could purchase points as well as your 2 red tasks to Qualify for the bonus of 24k
The normal price for 1,000 points (smallest number you can buy) is $13.50. There are often general or targeted promotions that will give you a 40-100% bonus on points purchases.

So IMO, generally worth the purchase if the task is standing between you and collecting a completion bonus. I'd just buy them after the New Year, do the one night cheap stay paid for in the card, and enjoy the 30K bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
I have received:

19,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.

5,600 Change Your View®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 5,600 bonus points. Terms

Am I correct in believing 1 stay @ Holiday Inn Express ***, 1 stay @ Holiday Inn *** and 1 stay @ Crowne Plaza *** would fulfill both challenges?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sexten
I have received:

19,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.

5,600 Change Your View®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 5,600 bonus points. Terms

Am I correct in believing 1 stay @ Holiday Inn Express ***, 1 stay @ Holiday Inn *** and 1 stay @ Crowne Plaza *** would fulfill both challenges?
You are not correct. Holiday Inn Express is different than Holiday Inn itself.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You are not correct. Holiday Inn Express is different than Holiday Inn itself.
Aha. So I would need i.e. 1 stay @ Crowne Plaza, 1 stay @ Holiday Inn Express and 2 stays @ different Holiday Inn hotels?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
"Spend $42,000 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn xxx bonus points"

Aha. Of course.
I've found since doing less business with IHG and dropping from RA to Ambassador (still worth purchasing each year) and the old top tier Platinum (pre-Spire), my tasks have become very achievable. The better the customer, the more IHG penalizes you!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Will stays I've already booked qualify for this? Can't seem to find it in the T&Cs. I have 2 stays booked for January already, so just wondering if they'll count.

If you click through to the T&C you should find that the challenges that say "book and stay" require that they be booked during the promotion period. For example, the terms for "book and stay once get 3,000" will say "must be booked and completed between 1st January and 15th April."
My question too. The general T&Cs imply existing bookings count for most tasks but there is that "promotion period" wording for certain specific other tasks. I plan to spend some time on New Years Day to rebook a couple of stays...just hoping the rates and availability stay as when I originally booked them.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sexten
Aha. So I would need i.e. 1 stay @ Crowne Plaza, 1 stay @ Holiday Inn Express and 2 stays @ different Holiday Inn hotels?
Yes
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
After having no revenue stays with IHG for the past several months my tasks for the Q1 promo are easy to fulfill:

5,000 - Stay Once
1,500 - Pay for a stay on the IHG MasterCard
10,000 - Stay 5 nights
1,000 - Redeem points for anything
4,000 - Weekend stay
18,500 - Complete 4 of the above
1,000 - January stay bonus

A few thoughts:

1) With one weekend stay plus any points redemption (including something small like a music download) I can capture 30,000 bonus points. This is not exactly MR territory for me but it's enough to justify a quasi-MR. I'll think up a discretionary weekend trip.

2) That 1k bonus really doesn't motivate me to do it in January. Especially when I have 5k/stay bonuses available from MR and HH.

3) My quasi-MR idea relies on hotel prices being reasonable. A big part of the reason I had no paid stays with IHG for the past several months is that in several areas I traveled IHG prices had become un-competitive. Yes, these promos motivate me to choose IHG when I travel, but when their properties cost 20-30% more than the competition.... Well, there goes the value of the bonus points.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:19 am

Easy promo for me this time around:

3000 - Book and stay Once Get 3,000
10000 - Stay More, Earn More (5 nights)
1500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
25500 - Achievement Bonus (Complete 3 of 3)
1000 - January Bonus Offer

41000 points for five nights including an IHG RC CC stay.

The IHG Credit Card task should be interesting as always.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:00 pm

My requirements are quite easy. But I'm curious on meeting the minimum for these 2:

1,000 Points Purchase: Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem: You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

Does anybody have any of these in past and what is recommendation for minimum to achieve.

THanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.