Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As to my own targets, a couple ones I can hit with 2-3 stays to net the low hanging fruit so to say (e.g. Stay one night, stay in Jan, 2 stays at corp rate). For the rest of the targets that are way too unrealistic, I'm not even trying and I'll put the few other stays onto Hilton to leverage some promos there.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
My non-elite list:
1,000: 1 stay
5,000: 5 stays
12,000: Stay in any country in North/South/Central America, Caribbean, Asia Pacific (Except China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East, Africa and Europe
600: Spend $39 on food or beverages
Bonus:
21,400: Complete 3 of the 4 offers
1,000: Book and stay once in January

Well my holiday plan next year starts May but it's just so tempting to seek cheap air tickets, do one cheap(ish) weekend excursion in SE Asia or Japan, with some hotel dining, to get 35,000 points. See if my bill fits next year...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I've just noticed it says in the T & C's for the January bonus offer, this task does not count towards the 'Achievement bonus offer'. As I know people are always querying this
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Saral
I've just noticed it says in the T & C's for the January bonus offer, this task does not count towards the 'Achievement bonus offer'. As I know people are always querying this
My Jan bonus task is below the 3/4 bonus and in the same color as this. I see this as a subtle representation of what you noticed.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Mine seems very very easy this time

1,000 1 stay
6,000 6 stays
3,400 book twice on the app
29,600 complete 3/3
1,000 January Bonus Offer
ttl 41,000
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:20 am

If I book the hotel now -- in December -- and stay in early January, does it qualify, or does the booking also have to come January 1 or later? Appreciate any answer, I am not smart enough for ihg fun promotions, thank you
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:03 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
If I book the hotel now -- in December -- and stay in early January, does it qualify, or does the booking also have to come January 1 or later? Appreciate any answer, I am not smart enough for ihg fun promotions, thank you
I already have 2 stays booked for January, and you'll see I asked a similar question on page 1 of this thread. Someone kind replied and said that the stays will most likely qualify.

The exception might be if any of your challenges specifically say "Book and Stay..." etc.

Otherwise it doesn't specify in the T&Cs anywhere that pre-January bookings will not count.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:29 am

I don't like the IHG credit card req, I get this one most of the time. A couple promos ago I put a work stay on this card and got an email about it and a short audit. And I have to make 3/3 tasks so can't skip it.

In the past, I have always had stays already booked count toward the promo.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
I have a stay once task and receive 3000 points the T and C's state the stay must be 'booked and completed' between 1 Jan and 15 April. I have a similar task on the current Accelerate but the T and C's for that task state 'the stay must be completed' between 6 Sept and 15 December, so I am taking it that stays booked before 1 Jan don't count for my task
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Saral
This is true but why does IHG continue to update this task as 'completed' against your total tasks eg. 5 of 7 completed when it actually should say 4 of 7 completed because one of the 5 completed tasks doesn't count! Very frustrating.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:45 pm

How to see my offer details?

I signed up for the Accelerate 2017 program but did not make a print of my offer.

Now, when I want to review the goals set for me, I cannot find the offer details anywhere.

In my account I can see the Accelerate 2017 listed, but when I click the button to check on my progress, nothing comes up (obviously, because it is not yet 2017).

How else can I see my targets?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Gold, will be plat in the next week or so:

Points Value Offer Description Status
2,000 Book and stay Once Get 2,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
16,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 11 night(s) and earn 16,500 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required. Terms
BOOK NOW
2,500 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
12,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points Terms
BOOK NOW
2,000 Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Terms
APPLY NOW
1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
REDEEM NOW
12,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 12,000 bonus points. Terms

Should be reasonably easy to achieve.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I skipped the 4Q accelerate and got:

3,000 for stay once
22,000 for 11 nights
2,500 for using corporate account twice
6,000 for 4+ nights once
2,400 for Big City (NYC, CHI, LAS, LA, WAS, DAL Metro Areas)
4,000 for weekend (Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun)
1,500 for using credit card

10,000 for achieving 6 out of 7
500 for registering
1,000 for January

Total = 52,900 - I will probably go for the 37,400 of that. It is good for the early part of January when other programs have not started their 2017 promotions. (Marriott's ends 1/15.)

Last edited by username; Jan 11, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paolo64
"Book and stay between 1 Jan and 15 April"....should this be taken as written or does it mean that the stay must be in that period but the booking can be before?
One can argue that they should not display the BOOK NOW button now next to the task we have to do since it is not 1/1 yet....

The only dates I see in the T&C is the "Each Offer must be completed between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017(both dates inclusive) ("Registration")." It does not say book after 1/1.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Hanako
I signed up for the Accelerate 2017 program but did not make a print of my offer.

Now, when I want to review the goals set for me, I cannot find the offer details anywhere.

In my account I can see the Accelerate 2017 listed, but when I click the button to check on my progress, nothing comes up (obviously, because it is not yet 2017).

How else can I see my targets?
Did you try following the link in the OP again?

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard

That prompted me to log in and then showed me the dashboard for the 2017 promo with the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.