Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I got the following:

– Book and stay Once Get 3,000
– Stay 5 nights, get 10,000 points
– Book 1 bonus points package, get 3600 points.
– Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 12,000 bonus points.
– Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 11,400 bonus points.
– Stay once in January, get an additional 1,000 points.

So can i book one night using points, in the Holiday Inn Ashkelon (Israel) in January, I’ll get 1k for Jan, 3600 for bonus redemption, and 12k for staying in Europe? Altogether around 16k? Or is israel in middle east? When i click the link of the 12k offer, it says middle east too.
And a points stay is a qualifying rate for these promotions?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: TK E+
4-5 nights to get ~36,000
Attached Images  
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
I love HIX, so my offer is great for me.

Points Value Offer Description Status
3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
7,200 Stay Smart®
Stay Smart® by staying at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 7,200 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
REDEEM NOW
17,300 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 17,300 bonus points. Terms
1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
Full Campaign Terms and Conditions

Last edited by larrythai; Dec 10, 2016 at 6:31 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by solewalker
My total offer is 41,000, but I can hit most of the tasks (except 1) with 1 stay for 31,000 points, so it seems pretty lucrative.

3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

3,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points

500 Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $39 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 500 bonus points.

14,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 14,900 bonus points.

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.
I have exactly same offer with you. But the point distribution is difference.
2000 for 1st task
10,500 for 2nd task but for 7 nights instead
4000 for 3rd but for weekend stay
12,000 for 4th. Same list of countries
500 for 5th but $50
11,000 achievement bonus
1000 January bonus
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by gobears293
Silly question... one stay can complete multiple offers, correct?
Correct. My first 2 night stay on the current promo hit 3 offers in one go (Sept bonus, stay one night, stay weekend)

Originally Posted by paolo64
"Book and stay between 1 Jan and 15 April"....should this be taken as written or does it mean that the stay must be in that period but the booking can be before?
Half of my offers list this requirement too - It will affect a lot of us who have already made bookings over the holiday season months ago. Do we need to rebook?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
Well, I am not sure I can complete one of my tasks:

"5,000 Renew Your Ambassador Membership
Earn 5,000 bonus points when you renew your Ambassador Membership."

I am an RA and there is no way to renew my Ambassador Membership.
RA renewal is also an Ambassador renewal. So as long as your RA expires and renews on 1st Jan/Feb/Mar/April you complete this task with zero effort.

Also I assume like most of us your RA was extended to expire on 31st Dec 2016 or 1st Jan 2017 ?
So whether you get RA renewal or free letdown to Ambassador on 1st Jan you should be ok task wise.

Even if Saltlake are still not ready to relaunch RA scheme, they will at a minimum need extend our RA to expire 1st Feb 2017 which must also count as renewal
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LizGross144
I would like to know this as well. Many of my offers have this in their terms. I need a pre-flight stay in Narita and the Crown Plaza is cheap...but I don't want to worry about booking it 4 days before I need to stay, while I'm already on vacation.
1. Above as written means you must BOTH ... a)Book 1st Jan onwards b)stay 1st Jan onwards

2. Different stay type tasks have different rules ie i)stay 1st Jan - april ii)book+stay 1st Jan - april

3)Luckily (or Sensibly even) the "STAY MORE" task is just the STAY component.
IHGers will have booked 2-3 months ahead for lower rates versus higher rates booking within weeks of a stay

4)Other tasks like "2night weekend stay" in IHGs mind regards this promotion are included to drive extra stays so are BOOK+STAY , although it is cheaper to cancel/rebook existing wekend stay at slightly higher rate than book an uneeded extra weekend stay after 1st Jan

nb
See my accelerator 1Q2017 tasks on page #2 of this thread, I included the terms per tasks to advise others less used to IHGs schenanigans.
AND annoyingly my prebooked 20+nights in Jan/Feb months are excluded from some of my tasks as need BOTH ...BOOK+STAY in 1Q2017 to count
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. Above as written means you must BOTH ... a)Book 1st Jan onwards b)stay 1st Jan onwards
This differs from the current Accelerate promo correct?

With the current promo my only offer that had terms 'book AND stay' was the Sept bonus stay - all other offers were basically 'stay between' only.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by scubaccr

2. Different stay type tasks have different rules ie i)stay 1st Jan - april ii)book+stay 1st Jan - april

3)Luckily (or Sensibly even) the "STAY MORE" task is just the STAY component.
IHGers will have booked 2-3 months ahead for lower rates versus higher rates booking within weeks of a stay

4)Other tasks like "2night weekend stay" in IHGs mind regards this promotion are included to drive extra stays so are BOOK+STAY , although it is cheaper to cancel/rebook existing wekend stay at slightly higher rate than book an uneeded extra weekend stay after 1st Jan

nb
See my accelerator 1Q2017 tasks on page #2 of this thread, I included the terms per tasks to advise others less used to IHGs schenanigans.
AND annoyingly my prebooked 20+nights in Jan/Feb months are excluded from some of my tasks as need BOTH ...BOOK+STAY in 1Q2017 to count
I did the 2016 Q1 promo by doing our first Jan stay on Jan 1 - we booked it after we signed up for the promo and we got the points. Of course it may be a YMMV situation.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:38 am

stay once 5,000
stay 50 nights 100,000
stay 19 HIEX 35,200
stay weekend 4,000
IHG CC spend 1,500
Redeem points 1,000
Redeem Ambassador 5,000
complete 6/7 26,000
Total 179,200
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
– Book 1 bonus points package, get 3600 points.

[...]

So can i book one night using points, in the Holiday Inn Ashkelon (Israel) in January, I’ll get 1k for Jan, 3600 for bonus redemption, and 12k for staying in Europe? Altogether around 16k? Or is israel in middle east? When i click the link of the 12k offer, it says middle east too.
And a points stay is a qualifying rate for these promotions?
No, for multiple reasons:

A points (or points + cash) stay is not qualifying for any tasks other than those requiring points (or points + cash) stays.

That "bonus points package" is not for a points redemption; it for booking a paid rate that includes earning bonus points.

And I don't know of any hotel geography that has a category for Middle East that would consider Israel to be in Europe.

You have to do a paid stay, with a very specific rate that earns 1000/5000/whatever bonus points, and it has to be in actual Europe, to complete these tasks.

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 11, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, for multiple reasons:

A points (or points + cash) stay is not qualifying for any tasks other than those requiring points (or points + cash) stays.

That "bonus points package" is not for a points redemption; it for booking a paid rate that includes earning bonus points.

And I don't know of any hotel geography that has a category for Middle East that would consider Israel to be in Europe.

You have to do a paid stay, with a very specific rate that earns 1000/5000/whatever bonus points, and it has to be in actual Europe, to complete these tasks.
Thank you very much!

Do I have to be the one checking in? For example, if I am in Tel Aviv, and I find a cheap Holiday inn with bonus points package in Warsaw, or other random place can i ask a FTer near to check-in for me? Or i can make the booking for him? or second guest name?

Last edited by benberg2013; Dec 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
36K for 5 nights seems like a pretty good deal, no?
Last 2 promo I was able to get the same amount of points for just 2 nights
Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
"Spend $42,000 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn xxx bonus points"

Aha. Of course.
Planning a fancy wedding or anniversary party? LOL, maybe some common sense upper bound parameters should be added to the analytical models they run to churn out those targeted offers .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.