Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Points Scrounger
Time for a Crowne Plaza (& upscale HI) F&B benefit thread - please read the 1st post.

Finland, Europe
CP Helsinki - Spire Paid Breakfast in club J Suite upgrade granted Club access granted Bottle water in room and fruit

China
CP Chengdu Panda Garden - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant Club floor upgrade granted Club access granted 2 beer / wine chits
CP Guangzhou City Centre - Spire Paid Lounge access

Hong Kong
CP Causeway Bay - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant 2 beer / wine chits for the Club@28 rooftop bar

Canada
CP Toronto Airport - Plat Amb Paid No benefits

United States
CP Detroit Downtown Riverfront - Plat Amb Award / PB Breakfast in restaurant
CP Los Angeles (LAX Airport) - Spire Paid & Award Lounge access (evening reception inc. beer/wine, morning breakfast items)
CP Seattle Airport - Spire Paid "Upgrade" and welcome amenity only - no f&b
CP Seattle Downtown - lounge permanently closed, full buffet breakfast in restaurant one of the welcome amenity options.
CP Washington Natl Airport - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant (don't eat there) 2 beer / wine chits
HI Washington Rosslyn @ Key Bridge - Plat Paid
Breakfast in restaurant

Japan
CP Fukuoka - Plat Paid & Award Lounge access & breakfast in restaurant possible
CP Kumamoto - Plat Award Breakfast in restaurant
CP Hiroshima - Plat Paid Lounge access
CP Narita - Plat
Paid Lounge access
CP Okayama - Spire Award / PB - 1 free drink, No other benefits
Print Wikipost

Lounge access / Breakfast at Crowne Plaza properties

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:55 pm

Staying at the NEC in a few weeks. How was it overall? Short overnight for me, but looking forward to the area a bit.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Staying at the NEC in a few weeks. How was it overall? Short overnight for me, but looking forward to the area a bit.
It was good, room was standard fare. Breakfast was good and included made to order options such as eggs ben as well as buffet. There is a shortcut through the bar to Resorts World and the NEC if needed - made it a two minute walk to RW and 5 mins to the entrance of the arena. Bit further to the exhibition centre, but I think it took us 10 minutes to get to the station there.

Good acknowledgement of status, we were able to check in early (around midday).
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Hotel: CP Heathrow Airport
IHG status(s): Spire
Paid / award night: Paid
Breakfast in restaurant: yes, or lounge
Upgrade to club floor: Granted
Club lounge access: Granted as a perk option
Club lounge services / quality: evening drinks and nibbles, breakfast. Timings are staggered in the evening - 6pm for beer, wine and cold nibbles. 7pm for spirits and hot nibbles.
Other comments: Was given the choice of points or lounge access as the amenity, however received both.

(July 2018)
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Crowne Plaza Padova (nothing that I could see, much like CP Milano)
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Donsyb
It was good, room was standard fare. Breakfast was good and included made to order options such as eggs ben as well as buffet. There is a shortcut through the bar to Resorts World and the NEC if needed - made it a two minute walk to RW and 5 mins to the entrance of the arena. Bit further to the exhibition centre, but I think it took us 10 minutes to get to the station there.

Good acknowledgement of status, we were able to check in early (around midday).

Thanks for that! Especially on the arena access, as that’s the reason for the stay. Bout time to Up the Irons. \m/
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Thanks for the information. Was not aware that Club lounge access is an option besides the points or drink voucher. At checkin (which was after midnight) I was only asked which benefit I wanted without naming the options. Hopefully, I will have a better stay next time.
Seems to be some mixed experiences here at the CP Geneva. Does anyone know if Club lounge access is usually an option fro Platinum as well, or just for Spire?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat
Hotel: CP Stratford Upon Avon
IHG status(s): Platinum
Paid / award night: Paid/reward mix
Breakfast in restaurant: no - ££
Upgrade to club floor: ?? Told I am ‘upgraded floor’ but don’t know what the difference is to standard. View is of the roof of the building next door.
Club lounge access: no. Told only available if paid for club room/suite.
Club lounge services / quality: n/a
Other comments: The TV isn’t working - I have informed reception but no-one has come to fix it yet.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KathyMarie
Upgrade to club floor: ?? Told I am ‘upgraded floor’ but don’t know what the difference is to standard. View is of the roof of the building next door.
Other comments: The TV isn’t working - I have informed reception but no-one has come to fix it yet.
typical for IHG nowadays: the most what you get for Platinum status is a FAKE upgrade: next higher room category, which is so close to the paid/awarded one that you can not recognize any difference
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted
barracuda93 likes this.

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:15 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KathyMarie
A slightly odd property this one. It is a Valor property and other Valor CP's give Spire access to the lounge and a club room or equivalent (examples include Chester and Solihull).

My first stay here was a reward stay and I was given lounge access and a club room.

My second stay was paid and I was given a club room upgrade but no lounge access, I made a fuss about this and they relented but it does seem that you cannot count on lounge access, the lounge is pretty large too, with a good offering and is rarely full.

Obviously Platinums tend not to get the lounge option anyway at those properties with a lounge, which is I think reasonable.

Upgraded rooms have sky TV, bathrobes and Bee Kind toiletries.

All the rooms are pretty similar in size and layout however only 2 sides of the hotel have any view. I have had on both stays a top floor room overlooking the river but also much of the roof of the restaurant etc below and the other part of the building.
KathyMarie likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Spire Benefits Crowns Plaza Causeway Bay

Confirmed Spire benefits via email prior to stay...
As a Spire elite member, you are eligible to enjoy the below Crowne Privileges from our hotel:

- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two guests at Kudos located on 1st floor from 6:30am to 10:30am

- Complimentary selected drinks and snacks at the rooftop poolside bar & lounge Club @28

- Dining discounts at Kudos and Club @28

- 24-hour in-room broadband and wireless internet access

- Complimentary outgoing local calls and local facsimiles

- Complimentary AT&T and toll free calls

- 15% discount on laundry, pressing and dry cleaning services (excluding express service)

* The above privileges cannot be used in conjunction with other offers
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:14 am

the CP Causeway Bay often costs more than Intercontinental Grand Stanford, so they should take care of guests with elite status ;-)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hotel: CP Seattle Downtown
IHG status(s): Spire
Paid / award night: Award
Breakfast in restaurant: one of the welcome amenity options
Club lounge access: NA
Club lounge services / quality: NA
Other comments: apparently, the lounge closed some time ago. I chose the full buffet breakfast as my elite option, though regretted it as I found the quality and service rather poor. The 600 points that I had waived in favor of breakfast appeared anyway a bit later on its own.

(August 2018)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:35 am

CP Helsinki gave me a Jr Suite after booking cheapest room rate

you also get Club access + breakfast in dining room or Club

despite the good treatment, I might stay elsewhere next trip as the CP is just old and tired, feels cheap, particularly the Club Lounge offerings and common areas
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by #1son
the CP Causeway Bay often costs more than Intercontinental Grand Stanford, so they should take care of guests with elite status ;-)
We are using points for our 5-night stay so we are feeling really satisfied with the value we'll receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.