Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Points Scrounger
Time for a Crowne Plaza (& upscale HI) F&B benefit thread - please read the 1st post.

Finland, Europe
CP Helsinki - Spire Paid Breakfast in club J Suite upgrade granted Club access granted Bottle water in room and fruit

China
CP Chengdu Panda Garden - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant Club floor upgrade granted Club access granted 2 beer / wine chits
CP Guangzhou City Centre - Spire Paid Lounge access

Hong Kong
CP Causeway Bay - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant 2 beer / wine chits for the Club@28 rooftop bar

Canada
CP Toronto Airport - Plat Amb Paid No benefits

United States
CP Detroit Downtown Riverfront - Plat Amb Award / PB Breakfast in restaurant
CP Los Angeles (LAX Airport) - Spire Paid & Award Lounge access (evening reception inc. beer/wine, morning breakfast items)
CP Seattle Airport - Spire Paid "Upgrade" and welcome amenity only - no f&b
CP Seattle Downtown - lounge permanently closed, full buffet breakfast in restaurant one of the welcome amenity options.
CP Washington Natl Airport - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant (don't eat there) 2 beer / wine chits
HI Washington Rosslyn @ Key Bridge - Plat Paid
Breakfast in restaurant

Japan
CP Fukuoka - Plat Paid & Award Lounge access & breakfast in restaurant possible
CP Kumamoto - Plat Award Breakfast in restaurant
CP Hiroshima - Plat Paid Lounge access
CP Narita - Plat
Paid Lounge access
CP Okayama - Spire Award / PB - 1 free drink, No other benefits
Print Wikipost

Lounge access / Breakfast at Crowne Plaza properties

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre

Hotel: Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre

IHG status(s): Spire Ambassador

Paid / award night: Paid

Upgrade to club floor: Could not be offered because we had children with us

Club lounge access: Offered, but for the adults only

Club lounge services / quality:
* Situated on the top floor, along the North-East side of the building with a single entrance, F&B area just inside to the right, small business desk (pc & printer) just inside to the left and lounge area beyond the business area.
* F&B area quite small with just 5 tables of 2 people
* No Hot food served at breakfast in the morning (although sachets of tomato sauce, brown sauce etc were available), just a Cold / Continental selection, There was a catering type hot tray but the 3 sections were filled with cold hard-boiled eggs, olives and mini pre-packed cheese (3-types). Other items available included yoghurt, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, 2 cooked meats and a bowl of cherry tomatoes.
* Alcoholic drinks served in the evening, but unsure anything else on offer as I did visit at that time.
* Tea, Coffee and Soft-drinks available throughout the day.

Other comments: Children not allowed on the Cub Floor or in the Club Lounge (as is stated on the website). Reason given by reception is that alcohol is served in the lounge. Notice outside the lounge states that "In order to create a working and meetings environment for our club lounge guests we do not permit children in the club lounge at any point". Neither of these explain why children are not allowed to stay on the Club floors.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have experienced several other Club Lounges of IHG Group in Asia, where children are not allowed....and I have some understanding for that.However that does not justify that they are also banned from rooms on club floor
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Expat_852
Notice outside the lounge states that "In order to create a working and meetings environment for our club lounge guests we do not permit children in the club lounge at any point". Neither of these explain why children are not allowed to stay on the Club floors.
As much as I despise families with children in lounges -- particularly when alcohol is being served -- I question whether this is legal, given age discrimination laws in some litigious countries. What's a child? I was traveling at 17-18-19 by myself and staying at IHG properties. Back then, I had Ambassador status.

One could easily substitute "women" for children in certain Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
As much as I despise families with children in lounges -- particularly when alcohol is being served -- ....
Each will have their own opinion. For me it is about the behaviour of the guest and their children. If the children are not unruly and stay away from the alcoholic beverages (when available) etc. then I have no problem. My own kids certainly know what is expected of them and I will also make a comment to remind them any time we go somewhere and have lounge access (e.g. hotels and airports). Any silliness and they get a reminded about other guests not wanting to be disturbed. We have never needed to go beyond that and remove them from the lounge completely.

...I question whether this is legal, given age discrimination laws in some litigious countries.
A quick internet search advises that in the UK appears to indicate that you can still "Exclude children, as the age discrimination ban does not apply in respect of children aged under 18" [taken from 'Equality Act 2010 - Ban on age discrimination in the provision of services, public functions and associations - A guide for holiday providers, hotels and those letting holiday properties']

What's a child? I was traveling at 17-18-19 by myself and staying at IHG properties. Back then, I had Ambassador status.
That is usually those under-12... unless of the course the hotel has a reason not too want to classify them as an adult.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Interesting discussion about children not permitted into the club lounges at CPs. I'm looking to book a room for a friend and her two children and then a room for myself. I was looking to save money by paying for a CP club lounge access so that we can have a small breakfast and some snacks in the evenings as I need to book a combined of 14 nights (7 nights x 2 rooms). However, if children are generally not allowed into the Club Lounges and CPs then this isn't going to work.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Expat_852
Each will have their own opinion. For me it is about the behaviour of the guest and their children. If the children are not unruly and stay away from the alcoholic beverages (when available) etc. then I have no problem. My own kids certainly know what is expected of them and I will also make a comment to remind them any time we go somewhere and have lounge access (e.g. hotels and airports). Any silliness and they get a reminded about other guests not wanting to be disturbed. We have never needed to go beyond that and remove them from the lounge completely.
I fully agree with you, if parents care and kids are made sensitive, lounge access for kids is no Problem. However that's not the case anymore nowadays for many parents, who actually even get angry and feel offended, if other guests complain about noise or disturbance and think anything goes for kids. Therefore I fully agree with such policies of hotels
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport always give free breakfast in the restaurant whenever Im on a rewards night. No idea if this applies to paid nights as well.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:38 am
Pid

Programs: BA Silver; Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Hotel: ANA Crowne Plaza
IHG status(s): Spire Ambassador
Paid / award night: 4 x paid nights
Breakfast in restaurant: (list only if offered): N/A as included in rate
Upgrade to club floor: Granted
Club lounge access: Granted
Club lounge services / quality: The Salon had only recently opened. It was very small but we only saw one or two other people in it so no real issue. Served alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and snacks.
Other comments: Upgraded room to Club floor as booked standard room with B/F.
not2017 and barracuda93 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Froggitt
Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport always give free breakfast in the restaurant whenever Im on a rewards night. No idea if this applies to paid nights as well.
I stayed on points there in June 2015 after a month of international travels before flying home the next morning out of Manchester. The breakfast selection was excellent, but I thought the rest of the hotel was tired and in need of a renovation. Hopefully, they've updated the rooms and such since then.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
I stayed on points there in June 2015 after a month of international travels before flying home the next morning out of Manchester. The breakfast selection was excellent, but I thought the rest of the hotel was tired and in need of a renovation. Hopefully, they've updated the rooms and such since then.
Still in need of renovation, Mrs Frog wouldnt walk on the carpet without slippers, the AC broke during our stay. Service issues as well. eg despite being in a suite, the card wouldnt not open the club lounge door, despite it clearly being displayed as a benefit.....too many phone calls were needed to sort it. Club lounge food would feed a family of mice before running out.

Hot tip for that hotel, all the suites, including the two floor "circular" Presidential Suite or whatever it is called, are (or certainly were) available for a standard reward night redemption, was 20,000 points.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Froggitt
Still in need of renovation, Mrs Frog wouldnt walk on the carpet without slippers, the AC broke during our stay. Service issues as well. eg despite being in a suite, the card wouldnt not open the club lounge door, despite it clearly being displayed as a benefit.....too many phone calls were needed to sort it. Club lounge food would feed a family of mice before running out.

Hot tip for that hotel, all the suites, including the two floor "circular" Presidential Suite or whatever it is called, are (or certainly were) available for a standard reward night redemption, was 20,000 points.
To be honest, I thought it was a waste of points, let alone a free-night certificate that comes with the IHG credit card. Then again, I no longer stay at IHG hotels, unless I have to, because the program is lousy and the Crowne Plaza properties too inconsistent.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:37 pm

Newcastle Stephenson Quarter (UK)

As a point of interest the Crowne Plaza now no longer offers Spire members the choice of Lounge Access, 600 points or welcome drink.

Since a revamp of the lounge it's now only points or drink.

Slight disappointment
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
Spire
They offered lounge access and breakfast in the lounge.
I guess that's in lieu of 500 points because I didn't get those.
(Edited)

Last edited by jphripjah; Mar 11, 2018 at 12:40 am
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Crowne Plaza Beijing
Spire
They offered lounge access and breakfast in the lounge.
I guess that's in lieu of 500 points because I didn't get those.
there are several Crowne Plaza in Beijing
- Lido
- Wangfujing
- Chaoyang
- Sun Palace
- Zhongguangcun
- Airport
in which one have you been?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BinSabai
there are several Crowne Plaza in Beijing
- Lido
- Wangfujing
- Chaoyang
- Sun Palace
- Zhongguangcun
- Airport
in which one have you been?

Haha, sorry Wangfujing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.